• The Simpsons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Match 2 - Poll closes in 24 hours

Friends

245px-FRIENDS.PNG

Friends is an American situation comedy about a group of six friends living in the New York City borough of Manhattan that was originally broadcast from 1994 to 2004. It was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, and produced by Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman and David Crane. The show has been broadcast in over one hundred countries and still continues to attract good ratings for its episodes in syndication. The final episode of the show was watched by an estimated 51.1 million viewers.[1]

Joey learning French
[YOUTUBE]_CRUbjb1IIM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]AvRqNWHDU9A[/YOUTUBE]

vs

The Simpsons

250px-C-SimpFamily.png

The Simpsons is an animated American sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. It is a soft-satirical parody of the "Middle American" lifestyle epitomized by its title family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield, and lampoons many aspects of the human condition, as well as American culture, society as a whole, and television itself.

Since its debut on December 17, 1989, the show has aired 401 episodes over 19 seasons. As of March 20, 2006, it was renewed for a 19th season due to be aired in 2007–2008, premiering on September 23, 2007.[7][8] The season 18 finale, aired on May 20, is the 400th episode, and 2007 marks the 20th anniversary of The Simpsons franchise. A feature-length film, The Simpsons Movie, was released worldwide by July 27, 2007.

The best of Homer
[YOUTUBE]q6TyX7k2acA[/YOUTUBE]

Ralph Wiggum
[YOUTUBE]nz1O0d5uj7Y[/YOUTUBE]

Simpsons Beginnings
[YOUTUBE]dtxNIlEPdSg[/YOUTUBE]

post-2000 Simpsons are terrible, but the first few seasons are gold. So an easy vote for Simpsons from me.

Friends was always mediocre.

The Simpsons were great up until around 1996 or so then went downhill. Still some very funny episodes in 97/98 but not as consistent and rarely rising to the heights of the early 90's.

Friends is IMO one of the great sitcoms but The Simpsons for me..just.

Bit unfair on Friends putting it up against The Simpsons which would beat just about any sitcom.

Friends v Frasier would have been fairer.

The Simpsons were great up until around 1996 or so then went downhill. Still some very funny episodes in 97/98 but not as consistent and rarely rising to the heights of the early 90's.

Friends is IMO one of the great sitcoms but The Simpsons for me..just.

Bit unfair on Friends putting it up against The Simpsons which would beat just about any sitcom.

Friends v Frasier would have been fairer.
But even when it wasn't as consistent and as funny as it was before, it was still a very good TV show. Don't let it become a victim of it's own high standards.

But even when it wasn't as consistent and as funny as it was before, it was still a very good TV show. Don't let it become a victim of it's own high standards.

If we're talking about the 97-00 years, then you're right. It was still worth watching. The last 7 years, however, have been terrible by anyone's standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're talking about the 97-00 years, then you're right. It was still worth watching. The last 7 years, however, have been terrible by anyone's standards.

Yes but my point is it's still a great 10 seasons. Not even the best sitcoms compare to that.

I voted Friends (haha oh dear).

The last few seasons of The Simpsons make it imposible for me to vote for it. I feel people are too harsh on Friends - its always good for a laugh and has some good characters.

Earlier seasons of The Simpsons were golden - yes - but at least Friends ended somewhere near a high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greatest Ever Sitcom Round 4 - Friends vs The Simpsons

Back