Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

He’ll get off

He shouldn’t, because he’s ultimately a recidivist dirty rat, but he’ll get off.

The medical report will probably exonerate him and I doubt Neale will squeal. So based off the footage alone, it’s probably not enough.

Doesn’t really matter all that much given Maynard is playing anyway lol.
What can Neale say? I was at the bottom of the pack and felt a hand pass over my face. Made a big deal of it hoping for a free and knowing that Greene bloke had a history.

Sick of Toby...
He’s so yesterday....

The charge appears to have changed on the AFL website which initially described it as "unnecessary contact to the face". Now Christian has officially described the charge as "unreasonable contact to the eye region, intentional, low impact, high contact".
Why didn't the AFL wait for the official charge and wording to be confirmed instead of posting the wrong charge on their website prior to that. Complete debacle.

The charge appears to have changed on the AFL website which initially described it as "unnecessary contact to the face". Now Christian has officially described the charge as "unreasonable contact to the eye region, intentional, low impact, high contact".
Why didn't the AFL wait for the official charge and wording to be confirmed instead of posting the wrong charge on their website prior to that. Complete debacle.

Pretty hard to argue that the contact wasn't unreasonable (no reason for his actions other than to get at him) , intentional. low impact, high contact.

He's stuffed unless it's a technicality but the cynic in me still has a feeling Gil will find a way :)

the week before they said the footage didn't prove eye gouging, this time they say it does show eye gouging (I think).

That could be the excuse, but the evidence may not really be stronger this time, and they just want to stamp this crap out since the fine apparently had no effect, which is fair enough

Totally.Been there done that many a time when we have been the team losing a player during finals. Carman J Cloke and Rocca spring to mind...all Grand Finals too. Four in fact.

No sympathy if the shoes on the other foot for a change. Even a little bit of rejoicing. Anything to improve our chances I'm all for.
IT's approximately like for like for DeGoey. Of course we ahve a lot of other big injuries but it helps a lot and quite possibly will cost them this game esp if the result is close. IT's a bit evil but great to see another side suffering like we have so many times in the past in finals, esp since they deserve it.

So attacking the face and eyes is okay with you?

He should have got a week last week. Attacking defenceless players on the ground should attract punishment at the higher end of the spectrum. It is cowardly.
I'm pretty sure that no other sport other than fighting sports would allow finger contact to the face, in fact not even them probably. Eg in MMA I don't think you are allowed to attack the face with extended fingers. Even in US ice hockey which allows a lot of nasty stuff, I doubt fingers in the face are allowed.

Having a look at Neale, it doesn’t look like his eye was touched. The natural reaction would be to rub it but he doesn’t.
"low contact" offenses usually involve some temporary injury such as winding. With no verifiable injury resulting from Greene's action , he may get off unfortunately. LIke in other sports, deliberate finger contact to the face shoudl be a special case that doesn't require any injury at all.

Seriously, when he gets off this charge and plays Saturday, dont boo him. If you know anything about this toad, he loves it and it will only get him playing well.

Better to just give him crickets when he touches it, that will mess with him a ton more.

Please tell your mates and anyone linked to the cheer squad. Booing him we will be placing our team at a disadvantage.
Taht will be to no avail, he'll get record booing levels.

AFL would much prefer a Collingwood-Richmond final. Ratings would be through the roof.
If it’s a Geelong v GWS GrandFinal...they could play it at GMHBA Stadium.
Although Scott would still complain that thousands of Cats fans would miss out (because the AFL allocated seats to GWS fans).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to be wrong but 9 pages on a Pies board to get a player rubbed out screams “Richmond Board” to me.

Nothing but a whinging thread IMO.........just make this week about us........thankfully Bucks knows what I am talking about.
CFC get real mate . . eye gouging is a despicable act, there is no excuse for deliberately eye gouging. It has nothing to do with it being against one of our boys or not, he did almost identical shit last week against the bont. He isn't tough he is a sneaking, vicious and cowardly little sniper. He will do serious damage soon if the AFL don't stop protecting him because last week they stepped in when they had no business interfering.

Now he feels as if he can do anything he feels like and he WILL continue to until he is stopped.

As for 9 pages - most of that is driven by posts such as you made and those intent of focusing on bullshit technicalities in search of any sort of a reason to get him off.

Get the little shit off the field and have the umpires focus on him when he returns until he understands that his cr@p will not be tolerated.

As for the AFL . . . . stop interfering with the due process you yourself set down and are now ignoring because it doesn't suit your expansion plans.

Last edited:
In every sport.. there are areas of the body that are sacrosanct. The eyes.. the throat.. the bojangles. Even the most hardened and dirtiest of football players over the yrs wouldn't entertain the thought of poking someone's eyes out.. cause as hardened and as dirty as they are.. they know it's a line you should never cross.. who the f in their right mind premeditates that shit.. that's why the Greene act is completely and utterly disturbing. Bordering on psychotic.

The bloke did not 'stacks on' 2 of team mates reach over to shove his hand into Neal's fatsa.. you can see what the prick did with his fingers. Greene can't argue that he couldn't get to Neal's eye cause he had a Barbara Streisand like the Bont either.. the f ahristo should have copped weeks leading into next yr.

Last edited:
The Brereton's The Hall's The Mad dog Muir's never walked on to a pitch with premeditated thoughts of eye gouging opponents.

The only Gouge in world sport that I loved was the great Dazza Gougi whatever the f his name was riding on the back of the mighty mare Shataqua in the 3rd at Calder Park in the Lavazza Black Tea Foster's Classic mate.

This is just a smokescreen for their debacle last week letting Greene go scot free with only a fine. He will get off at the tribunal as planned. AFL is becoming the new WWE

"low contact" offenses usually involve some temporary injury such as winding. With no verifiable injury resulting from Greene's action , he may get off unfortunately. LIke in other sports, deliberate finger contact to the face shoudl be a special case that doesn't require any injury at all.
Your last sentence... well put — that is absolutely the point.

Clearly tries to grab at his face/eye but not sure if he successfully does it.

I think a lot will come down to whether Neale says i felt fingers in my eyes, he certainly reacted like Greene made contact.

Clearly a fine wasn't a deterrent for this grub.

I think he gets off on insufficient evidence.

Happy to be wrong but 9 pages on a Pies board to get a player rubbed out screams “Richmond Board” to me.

Nothing but a whinging thread IMO.........just make this week about us........thankfully Bucks knows what I am talking about.

We haven't played this week, and it's all the footy world is talking about along with Hawkins.

Should we just ignore it? And I would rather a seperate thread than the pre match thread get over taken with this stuff.

Noone is whinging just discussing the possibility of one of GWS best players being suspended.

The NRL just suspended a player for 8 weeks for an attempted eye gouge. Intentionally trying to poke someone in the eye is serious and can cause serious damage (not to mention liability or the AFL should they not act on it). It is cowardly and 1 week is not enough. The NRL case is similar with no evidence of contact but an attempt made and closer to what should happen. There was no need for Toby to get involved in that situation. He was the third man in. He looks around to check the coast is clear and attacks a man already held down by 2 others trying to get at his eyes. It would be a cowardly assault in any other context. It is also unnecessary for such a talented team. If they want to be tough lay harder tackles and run straight at the ball.
When you add that he did the same thing one week before and expressed remorse to get a lesser penalty, the AFL needs to act and stamp this out. Don’t forget that this attracts the AFL’s desired market in Sydney who will be comparing it to NRL. Sydney Mums will be making decisions about whether to let their little boys and gals play this sport.
So regardless of Collingwood, they will need to hold firm on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking likely he will be cleared by tribunal -or at least have the suspension changed to another fine.
Chrisso saying last week's case didn't impact his decision this week. It's hard to agree with that view when the incident with Bontempelli appeared worse than the incident with Neale, yet he escapes suspension for the Bont act but gets rubbed out for the lesser act on Neale.

The only thing to focus on is the system...Intentional, low impact, high contact

To me the only thing they could argue is low impact by saying there was insufficient force. It all depends what weight they place on Neale staying on the ground holding his face for a while afterwards. Usually that would be seen as low impact.

Accessing the incident on an emotional level or thinking 'we can't suspend people for that' doesn't matter. Does the charge meet the three categories above is all that matters.

Intentional is clear, low impact is clear and high contact is the face. No way they can avoid one week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back