Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke is a borderline type that needs counseling. Simple as that.

These 1 week suspensions are a real f joke as far as I'm concerned. How do you put a money value on a dirty deliberate act? 3 weeks into the 2020 season is a decent punishment.

Any damage to the eyes can effect your livelihood in so many ways. Absolute no go zone on a football field.. if it's an accident.. can't help that.. but if it's a deliberate act and there's a risk the bloke on the end of it may be in danger.. mate.. come down on em like a tone of bricks.

This s**t is worse than that chicken grip vlakia that Judd did.

Plus 1.

There cant be any tolerance for going anywhere near someone's eyes.

Sh1t will get real if someone gets serious eye injury.

I have no problem with what he did...........maybe my threshold for “tough footy and making them earn it” differs to most.

Six pages for this suggests to me our game is becoming soft as.

I am out........looking forward to Maynard giving Toby another bath this week.

You are out because you are wrong.

Tough footy and making them earn it is fine when the ball is in contest and players go hard and fair. Not when the game has stopped and the player is defenceless and on the ground. That ain’t tough, it’s cowardly.

Last edited:

Your out because you are wrong.

Tough footy and making them earn it is fine when the ball is in contest and players go hard and fair. Not when the game has stopped and the player is defenceless and on the ground. That ain’t tough, it’s cowardly.

Happy to be wrong but 9 pages on a Pies board to get a player rubbed out screams “Richmond Board” to me.

Nothing but a whinging thread IMO.........just make this week about us........thankfully Bucks knows what I am talking about.

Happy to be wrong but 9 pages on a Pies board to get a player rubbed out screams “Richmond Board” to me.

Nothing but a whinging thread IMO.........just make this week about us........thankfully Bucks knows what I am talking about.
Too many threads on opposition players lately. I think over the off season a “opposition thread” rule needs to be enacted for ALL opposition BANTER.

z

Whinging?
It’s pretty big news.

z

Whinging?
It’s pretty big news.

It is whinging nothing more........I can’t handle whingers just in case you didn’t get that.

Because people keep quoting me like you.

Please post a whinging post from me.

I don't think most people are whinging when the outcome is that what we wanted. It's really for some odd reason on the Collingwood board the posters whinging that he shouldn't have gotten a week, so I guess some of your 17 posts if not all, will be whiny - or could be construed that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah...
it's a prelim. And the oppositions best player gets rubbed out -should have been rubbed out last week - for the same despicable act.

So you got nothing?

Please stop replying to my posts people.

What? ‘9 pages on a Pies board to get a player rubbed out?’ How does the discussion on BF in any way contribute to him being suspended? He did a grub act and should get a week. I would think the same if it was a Pies player.

AFL gets it right for once. Serial reoffender (within the space of a week) and the AFL has come out to say they won't negotiate with recidivists.
What they say, and what they do are two different things.

My view, he'll get off, unless the AFL specifically told him to keep his nose clean or else.... But we all know what the AFLs like, always inconsistent when they should be making a stand.

We might be better off if he plays. The guys will be fired up. Expect gang tackles whenever Green goes near the ball

He'll either get off or he wont. Out of our hands and you never know what happens at the tribunal. I'll try to not get emotional or excited over it and assume the worst...that he will get off.

It will also be an interesting exercise to test whether a fine means a fine, or whether a fine means a warning.

By that I mean if its the same offence as last week can he argue "I got a fine last week, be consistent and give me another". And can the tribunal argue, "you got a fine last week, you didnt listen to the reprimand, this time its a week"

That's the logic that should be applied. Repeat offenders face more severe consequences each time they break the law.

Who knows what the tribunal will decide, I agree we shouldn't focus much on this, it's a GWS distraction not a Collingwood one.

Even if he plays, he goes against Bruzzy. :) I suspect he secretly wants to get suspended to avoid facing him again.

Re : Eyes.
As documented in the sickness thread, I’ve lost two of my five senses.
Now I did mention this to my surgeon and his response was “at least I saved your eyesight”.
And that got me to thinking, of the five which two would you gladly forgo?
Well the two I lost are the two most would choose.
But eyesight, you just want to protect it as much as possible.
So for a player to put his hands/fingers ANYWHERE NEAR the eyes of a player being held down is reprehensible.
No matter if he has actually gouged, just the act of putting hand/fingers in this zone deliberately should attract a month on the sidelines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back