Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Having looked at the footage again, I reckon he is going to go for it. It's going to be pretty swkward/audacious of Bartel, Greene and GWS to go in their and plead not guilty after last week. Bartel not doing his reputation with that capaign against violence he was a part of and favours to suggest he has no issue with the way Greene conducts himself on the field in terms of his reputation as a sniper.

If Greene gets suspended for that we might as well start wearing skirts and start playing netball.

Why has everyone turned into such softies all of a sudden. Absolute farce what our game is becoming.
You'd prefer snipers to scratch someone's face instead of being able to defend himself? Greene even got out of there before Neale could tell who did it.

I have no problem with bumps, jumper punches, acts of agression. But this was an act of cowardice.

If Greene gets suspended for that we might as well start wearing skirts and start playing netball.

Why has everyone turned into such softies all of a sudden. Absolute farce what our game is becoming.
I tell you what hard man why don't you volunteer to have your eyes scratched and possibly be blinded?

A hard physical clash between two grown men contesting the ball is one thing.

Pinning a helpless opponent to the ground, holding his head immobile with one hand in his hair and grinding away with your fingers at his eyes is with the other hand the act of a dog and a coward.

The fact that you see no difference between the two is a commentary on YOU - not the game.

30 years ago the opposing team - and probably some of his team mates - would have been waiting in the car park to give him the thrashing of his life.

Don't bother replying because I wont.

Pinning a helpless opponent to the ground, holding his head immobile with one hand in his hair and grinding away with your fingers at his eyes is with the other hand the act of a dog and a coward.

The fact that you see no difference between the two is a commentary on YOU - not the game.

It amazes me that some people think his actions are acceptable and somehow even manly. It is in the same territory as the coward punch. An attack on a defenceless player pinned to the ground.

Serious and permanent damage could be done if things go wrong. Careers could be ended. How is that acceptable?

This was targeted and deliberate by Greene. Last week Bonts. This week Neale. Who is next week? Pendles, Sidebottom, Treloar?

It amazes me that some people think his actions are acceptable and somehow even manly. It is in the same territory as the coward punch. An attack on a defenceless player pinned to the ground.

Serious and permanent damage could be done if things go wrong. Careers could be ended. How is that acceptable?

This was targeted and deliberate by Greene. Last week Bonts. This week Neale. Who is next week? Pendles, Sidebottom, Treloar?
Tragedy awaits and the AFL couldn't care less so long as its little boutique expansion clubs get the best run the AFL can manufacture for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It takes a special kind of perversity to defend Greene's behaviour. You obviously have it. Congratulations.
Would you object if it was your son under that pack getting his face raked? I would hope so.
Put another way, would you swap places with Neale/Bontempelli so it was you getting raked? No... didn't think so.

It takes a special kind of perversity to defend Greene's behaviour. You obviously have it. Congratulations.
Would you object if it was your son under that pack getting his face raked? I would hope so.
Put another way, would you swap places with Neale/Bontempelli so it was you getting raked? No... didn't think so.
Yep he's so tough behind a keyboard lol.

I wear skirts and played netball. Had my fingers and nose broken in various games . What makes anyone think women aren’t tough??

NRL have suspended a player for an attempted eye gouge which made no contact for 8 weeks. They seem to be a manly bunch and are not seeing stamping out this dirty act as somehow lacking masculinity. Sydney Mums will send their kids to NRL little league. AFL is out of step with the community and being shown up in its key market.
So do all players now train how to scratch faces under packs? AFL is liable if real damage is done.

The decision last week was ludicrous - he should not have even been playing. His remorse that underpinned his sentence was patently false. He did it again immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I watched the vision again.. Neale said it was the nose.. then why the f is Neale reacting by grabbing his eye.

Another thing.. Greene in the position he was in.. impossible to use his body weight to put pressure on Neal's face.. lying across/over his team mates body with his arm extended out.. so the only option he had was to use his fingers to claw Neal's face to have any sort of impact.

Witch hunt my ass cause it's Toby Greene.

Dirty prick deserves more than a week for what he did.

at first i was hoping the little maggot gets off and tries that shit on bruzzy maynard this week. he'll have a significantly different reaction than lil softy neale, greene would be lucky to keep his teeth. but then i realised bruzzy would get weeks and miss the granny, so lets keep him out of it. i hope the suspension stands

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back