Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

As I understand they cant present any new evidence anyway. Only arguments are a mistake in law was made or no reasonable tribunal could have ever made this decision. No grounds here you would think for those
Playing Devil's Advocate, I would think GWS would be arguing that the Tribunal didn't act reasonably in the face of the evidence (player testimony and what GWS persist is saying inconclusive video footage), plus the Tribunal acted unreasonably because just last week the Tribunal fined Toby Green for arguably worse actions (= unreasonable).

Anderson will also, I suspect, point out that the Tribunal didn't give sufficient weight to his argument that if there was any contact, then it was reckless and not intentional. (That would be covered in the Tribunal's reasons for decision document, assuming that there is such a thing).

Playing Devil's Advocate, I would think GWS would be arguing that the Tribunal didn't act reasonably in the face of the evidence (player testimony and what GWS persist is saying inconclusive video footage), plus the Tribunal acted unreasonably because just last week the Tribunal fined Toby Green for arguably worse actions (= unreasonable).

Anderson will also, I suspect, point out that the Tribunal didn't give sufficient weight to his argument that if there was any contact, then it was reckless and not intentional. (That would be covered in the Tribunal's reasons for decision document, assuming that there is such a thing).
Since watching the video above I think GWS have less than a leg to stand on.
In fact I would be surprised if they did not extend the ban to more weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who hears the appeal and when?
I so want this to be over.

Afl appeals board. A bunch of lawyers. This isn’t about Greene’s charge now but more about things like whether the tribunal made an error. And given they let gws have Neale give evidence, the likely only potential errors were in favour of gws.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Afl appeals board. A bunch of lawyers. This isn’t about Greene’s charge now but more about things like whether the tribunal made an error. And given they let gws have Neale give evidence, the likely only potential errors were in favour of gws.

Broke the "conventions" of the tribunal to gather as much evidence as possible. The tribunal had rejected a request by Brisbane to call an oposition player when they were defending Andrews.

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back