Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL said . . and I quote 'We would be disappointed with anything more than a fine' before last weeks hearing.

If that doesn't give you an inkling I don't know how to put it.
I assume you mean Jeff Gleeson, the AFL counsel, at the hearing last week recommending a financial penalty would be appropriate. I didnt see anything from the AFL before the hearing saying they would be disappointed with more than a fine. Can you point me to that quote?

Gleeson, who is a keen Magpie as is his brother the journo, is a QC again with a practice to protect etc. How does the AFL get him to participate in fixing the system? What's in it for him? Plenty of downside potentially. I dont see where these claims come from

There's only ever really been one hard and fast rule when it comes to the AFL...'Don't embarrass the AFL!'

That's the only reason Toby got one week.
You are spot on

So why didnā€™t we challenge big Anthony Rocca back in 03?

We did. And for Jason Cloke. 0 for two. Back then it was a fresh hearing. Now it is a lot harder to get an appeal up as you can only argue the tribunal made a mistake at law or that no reasonable tribunal could come to that decision. That is a really tough argument to win.

Great result!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We did. And for Jason Cloke. 0 for two. Back then it was a fresh hearing. Now it is a lot harder to get an appeal up as you can only argue the tribunal made a mistake at law or that no reasonable tribunal could come to that decision. That is a really tough argument to win.

Great result!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is much better...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can clearly see from the vision he scraped 2 fingers over Neale's eye. I thought so first time I seen it and finally others did to. I'm not a wrap for Gerard Whately but on 360 now he clearly did too. F#*k Greene dirty player

Am I right that these were the tribunal members:
Shane Wakelin (Pie)
Paul Williams (Pie)
David Neitz

MRO: Michael Christian (Pie)

:D:D

Jesus christ! Stacked!

The thing about the appeals body is it is populated by folks with actual legal training - not just ex footballers with an IQ above 100

They can appeal to the appeals board of the Tribunal. As mentioned by sideswipe the grounds for appeal are very restricted now and it would have little hope of succeeding

Imagine thinking that everyone who disagrees with you is a troll. Greene was charged with touching Neale's eye. Neale said that Greene did not touch his eye.

He should not be suspended.

Players code of conduct, probably taken into consideration in the deliberation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back