Greg Inglis is seriously considering switch

Remove this Banner Ad

''AFL is not my first choice if I have to leave the game,'' Inglis said. ''I can still stay in league. I can go to England, and union is there - cricket if I have to. You never know what is going to happen. No one will know until the cap investigation is over.''

Hopefully this was more a product of him speaking after his selection in Origin and in the face of a barage about Folau being included.

I guess he would have been linched if he had said anything else under the circumstances.
The question asked to him was "is AFL your first choice if you have to leave the Storm?"

If he said yes, what chaos there would've been.

AFL is still in pole position privately if he has to leave the Storm, nothing has changed for mine.

The question asked to him was "is AFL your first choice if you have to leave the Storm?"

If he said yes, what chaos there would've been.

AFL is still in pole position privately if he has to leave the Storm, nothing has changed for mine.

I have to admit, many of us thought the Folau thing was just manager talk - so you might be right.

SO the AFL would be prepared to give the Bombers some extra money to cover Inglis's slary if he chose to switch codes.

Under the Falau and Hunt scenarios we have been told that the extra dollars GWS and GC17 is getting is so they can pay these players to help assist in promoting the game to new developing markets.

I didn't know that Essendon was a developing market and needed to be supported with extra cash? This is a joke, the AFL is a joke.

You've have regions like Tasmania screaming out to be part of the AFL, but the AFL would rather hand over millions of dollars to a hand full of NRL players in the hope that a few people in Sydney might watch and attend a few more games.

This will all come back to bite the AFL in the arse in the long term

I'm sure Juggernaut wouldn't be saying this if Richmond was in the box seat to sign him. It's not even guarenteed that Essendon will get him if he decides to play AFL. Just that the club would be the most likely destination, because they've shown the most interest.

He would be promoting the game in NSW and Qld. Imagine the message to kids in these parts of Australia. 3 of their biggest heroes have decided to play AFL. It will get at least a good percentage of those youngsters watching our game. If he jumps he'll be the best NRL convert followed by Hunt and Folau in that order.

Under the Falau and Hunt scenarios we have been told that the extra dollars GWS and GC17 is getting is so they can pay these players to help assist in promoting the game to new developing markets.

I didn't know that Essendon was a developing market and needed to be supported with extra cash?

Any promotional dollars from the AFL would be for work with indigenous kids in NSW and QLD, who at this point in time overwhelmingly play and support League.

In fact I know of a young indigenous lad who was in Dubbo recently and was absloutely pilloried by his relatives about the fact that he plays Aussie Rules, to the point where he was quite upset and questioned whether he wanted to play anymore.

Inglis would be worth his weight in gold, and would certainly cause more of a stir, more so than the other two IMO.

The guy is the best player in Rugby League, period.

SO the AFL would be prepared to give the Bombers some extra money to cover Inglis's slary if he chose to switch codes.

I didn't know that Essendon was a developing market and needed to be supported with extra cash? This is a joke, the AFL is a joke.

You've have regions like Tasmania screaming out to be part of the AFL, but the AFL would rather hand over millions of dollars to a hand full of NRL players in the hope that a few people in Sydney might watch and attend a few more games.

This will all come back to bite the AFL in the arse in the long term

Absolutely correct in everything you say. The AFL is an absolute joke if they pay for Essendon to recruit Inglis. Everyone should have to go thru the draft and salary cap if they want to play AFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Greg Inglis is seriously considering switch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back