Griffen for Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 4, 2007
Cambridge, UK
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australia Cricket Team
Would trading Ryan Griffen for Jarryd Roughead benefit both the Dogs and the Hawks?

This would give Dogs the proven KPF that they desperately need (shown in last night's valiant effort), while admittedly giving up arguably their best young midfield prospect (him or Cooney). They do have an abundance of young running mids however no KPF who can kick on average 3-5 goals/game.

Hawks would get the one thing that is lacking from their midfield; a classy, lightning quick carrier with great disposal (obviously Hodge, Mitchell have great disposal but their not as fast as Griffen), and also the opportunity to give their highly touted young KPFs a chance to prove themselves at AFL level (the highly rate Mitch Thorp, even Tim Boyle, Beau Dowler?).

I realise that this would almost never happen but what are your thoughts?

Ridiculous. Ryan Griffen will be 3x more valuable to the Doggies than Roughead would be.

Yes, the Doggies need a forward, but Griffen will be, and almost is, one of the premier midfielders in the competition.

Roughead is a fine player, don't get me wrong, but Griffen is a lot more valuable with his pace, deadly disposal and game breaking antics. Roughead is often left with the second, even third defender thanks to Buddy, and so who knows how he'd stack up against the best backmen every week.

Snow White for Sleeping Beauty, I know this would almost certainly never happen but whilst we are on the subject of fairytales .... sheeesh.

• Banned
So people think that Roughead is more valuable than Griffen and vice versa, which probably indicates that it's a pretty fair deal ;)

Ridiculous. Ryan Griffen will be 3x more valuable to the Doggies than Roughead would be.

Yes, the Doggies need a forward, but Griffen will be, and almost is, one of the premier midfielders in the competition.

Roughead is a fine player, don't get me wrong, but Griffen is a lot more valuable with his pace, deadly disposal and game breaking antics. Roughead is often left with the second, even third defender thanks to Buddy, and so who knows how he'd stack up against the best backmen every week.

Sure Roughy isnt quite god....but we already have him!

But MY GOD MATE! Over-rating Griffen just a whole shitload there! He's a midfielder alright, but he is certainly not premier! Lol.

Roughy is worth a lot more than Griffen, especially as he is a KPP, which soooo many clubs seem to want at the moment....;)

Roughy is 10 times more valuable then Griffen.

Roughead is just as quick on the lead as Franklin (yes, thats right, franklin) he is an awesoem contested mark 1-on-1, or as he often seems to do 5-on-two (the other being franklin)

Roughead also is verestile, He can play FF, CHF, CHB, FB or Ruck.

of corse it would benifit the dogs. Hawthorn Doesnt need griffen. we need a key back, and when Thorp comes along, he and roughead will swap in defence every match. And then langford in 3 years time will become a permanent defender.

griffen in defence is nothing more then a third tall, of which we have better quality in murphy and Gilham

Clearly the dogs need a big power forward like Roughead. Especially when they have a plethora of quality young midfielders coming through, just look at Higgins playing in the forward pocket.

Roughead would be more valuable to a side like the Doggies than Griffen. Ridiculous comment there mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawks already have Bateman he is there break the line midfield type player. Plus Birchall and Young add run and skill through the middle.

Roughead is worth 2 Griffens.

Roughead will take a massive step again next year and mayeb rival buddy for the most goals at hawk land i think he could kick 80 - 85 next year. Whilst i also highly rate griffen and he is about to become a superstar aswell but hes a mid. trade wouldnt happen in a million years.

Heres a better trade i think maybe kozi for griffen or allen for griffen?? saints need a speedster like him

no way would either team do that imo Griffen is better then Roughead but Franklin and Roughead is one of the best combos you will find, Doggies just need to draft sme CPP Forwards, how is Grant doing ?

Would trading Ryan Griffen for Jarryd Roughead benefit both the Dogs and the Hawks?

This would give Dogs the proven KPF that they desperately need (shown in last night's valiant effort), while admittedly giving up arguably their best young midfield prospect (him or Cooney). They do have an abundance of young running mids however no KPF who can kick on average 3-5 goals/game.

Hawks would get the one thing that is lacking from their midfield; a classy, lightning quick carrier with great disposal (obviously Hodge, Mitchell have great disposal but their not as fast as Griffen), and also the opportunity to give their highly touted young KPFs a chance to prove themselves at AFL level (the highly rate Mitch Thorp, even Tim Boyle, Beau Dowler?).

I realise that this would almost never happen but what are your thoughts?

ur an idiot

Suggesting kozi for griffen is a joke and same with allen for griffen. What on earth? Even packaged together its a joke. IMO ray for kosi would be a fair trade, maybe with us giving you a 3rd rounder to sweeten the deal purely because Kosi is a KPP but even then I think that's paying over the odds.
I don't think we'd offload griffen regardless, he's an excitment machine (gets the fans through the door) and has the ability to become a star midfielder. But in saying that if it we're to occur for Roughead would be a fair deal, maybe we'd need to include a 2nd rounder or late 1st rounder to get it done as Roughy is a KP but both of same age and very similar abilitys and potentials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Griffen for Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back