Analysis Grundy, Cox and Cameron Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want me to make those calls I’ll need to see a little more of how his contract is actually structured and what is leftover and if we have front loaded or back loaded. Until then, it’s not my decision to make possible. That’s in the hands of GW. And I’m certain he will be exploring all options. Or we have given him way too much credit.

I think we’ll have a solution in mind. Seeing as they will not let this reinvigorated list go to waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cmon tough guy. Have a go at it. Presume it is a mil each year. No front or back loading. How could we trade him?

But they have both shown to be ordinary when played forward. It’s great to see them playing well in the ruck but that doesn’t translate to playing well as a forward
There's no one else. We're either left with Henry wrestling too much - which he just can't do yet - he just gets outmarked. Or one of our big blokes wrestling with Henry trying to get a jump at the pack - give me the latter every day of the week.

The question is - when Grundy is fit - can we play all 3?

I think for the most part barring desperate measures to swing a game, you’d have 2 of the 3 on the ground at any one time and one on the interchange. I think it could work
We beat West Coast in a final this way. But at this stage I would consider it much since Grundy is a ruck only and I’d prefer the other two play there.

It's not much of a discussion, Grundy is the best ruck at the club by a country mile....Darcy is a excellent back up ruck who can pinch forward and Cox has a blinder of a game every two years.

The pleasing thing is all three are on CFC's list, happy days!

Try harder - need some specifics please. It's all hypothetical.
It's hypothetical because as you've clearly stated, we are stuck with Brodes. I would imagine every trade is hypothetical until the papers are stamped but they still happen, so it's really impossible to answer your original question

Last edited:
Cmon tough guy. Have a go at it. Presume it is a mil each year. No front or back loading. How could we trade him?

C’mon tough guy……

Does that type of rhetoric work on the posters of this site.

I don’t deal in hypotheticals. I know what my preference is. What the club does is purely in their hands. They’re the ones getting paid to make those decisions.

Just as it is Fly’s decision what he does when and if Grundy is fit.

Good try though. You didn’t really think that you had a Huckleberry here did you.

C’mon tough guy……

Does that type of rhetoric work on the posters of this site.

I don’t deal in hypotheticals. I know what my preference is. What the club does is purely in their hands. They’re the ones getting paid to make those decisions.

Just as it is Fly’s decision what he does when and if Grundy is fit.

Good try though. You didn’t really think that you had a Huckleberry here did you.

Huckleberry? Are you talking about fence painting? I hope not Ron. It would shake my confidence in you.

If a player does the same tactical thing over and over, keeps getting selected and gets renewed on a big 7 year contract, I'm pretty confident that their tactics are what the coach wants them to do.

Think what you like, but rest assured that it's non-sensical

What he was rewarded for was his collection of works for a 2/3 year period. Culminating in the 2018 season. When the game was more based around his style of congested contested play. Stop start, gain meters and reload and repeat. And he was at his peak in this theater. The only problem was that the opposition had to formulate plans to negate him and influence. And they did. Very effectively. And we ended up with an unsatisfactory result for our part.

I don’t blame Grundy for his contract. That’s the clubs fault. Just like it’s their responsibility to navigate a solution out of it. Whether it’s a new and improved Grundy or it’s getting the best resulting trade for him. Whatever it is. We can’t let the circumstances curtail the possibilities that have been exposed with our new found resurgence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade him to Hawthorn for Lewis and we pay some of Brodes contract, that's provided Lewis wants to come to us
Pay another player to play against us?
No thanks.

What he was rewarded for was his collection of works for a 2/3 year period. Culminating in the 2018 season. When the game was more based around his style of congested contested play. Stop start, gain meters and reload and repeat. And he was at his peak in this theater. The only problem was that the opposition had to formulate plans to negate him and influence. And they did. Very effectively. And we ended up with an unsatisfactory result for our part.

I don’t blame Grundy for his contract. That’s the clubs fault. Just like it’s their responsibility to navigate a solution out of it. Whether it’s a new and improved Grundy or it’s getting the best resulting trade for him. Whatever it is. We can’t let the circumstances curtail the possibilities that have been exposed with our new found resurgence.

Only problem is that Cox is unlikely to maintain that level of form. Even if he did, he’s got a maximum of two seasons left.
Grundy will stay on his current contract.

I like coxy, always have.
But the big fella was lucky to get another contract at the end of last season.
His best is game winning, his worst is sole destroying. As a forward
As a ruck his game has been more consistent, good to very good, but there is lot of games to go in the season and he needs to continue this form. History says he will not, but l am hopeful he will, still it’s to early to say one way or the other

Only problem is that Cox is unlikely to maintain that level of form. Even if he did, he’s got a maximum of two seasons left.
Grundy will stay on his current contract.
Write this down so you remember that I said so. Grundy will not be at the club for the whole duration of his 7 year contract. It would be remiss of the club to allow it to continue for that long at those dollars. That's all I will say to you about the matter. let's review at the end of the 7 years

It's not much of a discussion, Grundy is the best ruck at the club by a country mile....Darcy is a excellent back up ruck who can pinch forward and Cox has a blinder of a game every two years.

The pleasing thing is all three are on CFC's list, happy days!
Lets see in this role whether Cox can produce more consistently. It was very telling that McRae stated that he sees as a ruck/forward not a forward/ruck.

Cox and Cameron both appear to have the flexibility to push forward and or push into defence. Pretty handy weapon for McRae.

On present form things stay as they are. Four wins on the bounce, life is good.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Write this down so you remember that I said so. Grundy will not be at the club for the whole duration of his 7 year contract. It would be remiss of the club to allow it to continue for that long at those dollars. That's all I will say to you about the matter. let's review at the end of the 7 years
He might retire early after winning four flags.

Definitely no typo. BigFooty can’t make up it’s mind about it’s auto edit of f.ck. It started as duck and is now * it’s a bit weird.

Out of curiosity was the second part of your post directed at me? Because to be clear he’s obviously an automatic inclusion when fit and the Brisbane match was all the evidence we needed to show three rucks won’t work. The beauty of footy is that by the time Grundy is fit one of Cox or Cameron will either be out of form or unavailable so the decision of who to leave out will make itself. It’s obvious though that he’s no CHF.
Definitely, agree the 3 of them won’t fit , this is the conundrum, Cox is the best forward of the 3 , and very good in the ruck when he is on , Grundy the last 3 years has been quite disappointing with his rushed disposals and dump kicks , just seems we lack cohesion too much when he is around the ball , Cameron is very handy around the ground taking his marks and fair in tap work . will be who is performing best at the time I guess .

You can’t do what you can’t do. But to try and absolve Grundy’s ruck work by blaming others for his poor decision making or ruck craft. That’s a new perspective.

Maybe if he does an exposé like Bailey Smith and expels all his foibles in a mea culpa style interview we can all move on. Hell, Grundy can even solicit mental health reasons just for added dramatic effect. And the coaches and captains can be stood around him as that final layer of admission.

Please……enough of the excuses. The factory has been emptied.

A poster gives you a valid perspective and you need to dismiss it without any cogency or facts in a rebuttal, just so you can’t continue bagging Grundy.
You making up your own fantasy world, on this issue, is not reality.
Just like the BS you proffered that, McCrae was berating Grundy at 3 QTR time on Anzac Day.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Grundy, Cox and Cameron Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back