Rumour Gunston requesting trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could but it wouldn't make any sense. If that was part of our plan we'd just trade him there (and he wouldn't accept and we'd be back to the first square)

If he goes into the PSD the risk is still that he gets picked up by GC, Port, Brisbane or then Us. No chance of getting back to Vic that way unless all those clubs pass him by (which they wont).

That said they could offer him a massive contract and cure his homesickness i'm sure.

have you worked out the difference between the national draft and the pre season draft yet mate?
Actually, brayds was the one who was correct about Gunston's ND & PSD options - not the Adelaide supporters.
Hypothetical... Could we sign a release saying GWS could pick him up in the PSD?

Not that I think it will come to it though.
Yes. Adelaide can always agree to give them permission to sign him - in which case we would receive compensation as per the AFL's secret formula.

He's only a 2nd round selection who hasn't set the world on fire just yet and wouldn't be on a mega-$$$ contract, even at GWS. My guess is that we'd be looking at Band-4 compensation, which is end of round 2 - not a great outcome, but better than nothing (which is the alternative if things have reached the point where Gunston has nominated for the draft).

That is just so #@#$ed up. If the bloke is in the draft, he is already lost to the club. Why the hell would the former club give a stuff if he is picked up by the establishment club rather than an already established club. What am I missing?

As i said, i think it's pretty well in place to stop the new club ripping one established club to pieces by encouraging many of it's players to go in the draft..

It'd also make the new club a superpower, well more than they will be..

Actually, brayds was the one who was correct about Gunston's ND & PSD options - not the Adelaide supporters.

Yes. Adelaide can always agree to give them permission to sign him - in which case we would receive compensation as per the AFL's secret formula.

He's only a 2nd round selection who hasn't set the world on fire just yet and wouldn't be on a mega-$$$ contract, even at GWS. My guess is that we'd be looking at Band-4 compensation, which is end of round 2 - not a great outcome, but better than nothing (which is the alternative if things have reached the point where Gunston has nominated for the draft).

wasnt he saying gunston could enter the national draft, not the psd?

That is just so #@#$ed up. If the bloke is in the draft, he is already lost to the club. Why the hell would the former club give a stuff if he is picked up by the establishment club rather than an already established club. What am I missing?
The rule is in place specifically to prevent GWS (and GC) from getting around the "1 uncontracted player per club" rule. Without this clause, there would be nothing to prevent them from taking a player (like Davi$), then luring another one into the draft and grabbing them there.

We could let WSYD pick him up.

If he's walking anyway why do we care where he goes?
Now we're talking business.
Hypothetical... Could we sign a release saying GWS could pick him up in the PSD?

Not that I think it will come to it though.
Not unless he continues the bitchyness.
Haha, now your thinking.

We just authorise GWS to select him.;)
;) Gloves off
It's designed to stop the poaching of more than one player by an expansion team, didn't really consider situations such as these.
Business :)

I'd say Band 3 miniumum myself, but it would depend on any potential conract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be an epic **** move, and I would laugh at Gunston for a long time if it came to that.

Hell yes.

Lets not pretend that the GWS arent going to experience this exact situation in a few years time.

Maybe we could enlist there assistance in an effort to stamp out, sooky sooky lala, cry baby, spoilt mummies boys for good.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back