11. Griffiths
13. Nason
14. Grigg
22. Houli
24. Dea
27. Hislop (I think will be re-rookied)
30. Grimes

I like Taylor in 44.

Really depends WHAT Dimmas criteria is for earning a lower number. Of that list above id prob say only

Martin
Nason
Grigg
Houli
Webberley
would be the players who have earnt it. Griffiths played 5, Dea played 2 and Grimes played 1. Hardly earning yours stripes, Houli and Grigg are obvious ones with past experience and if Farmer gets a low number upon moving over surely they would

Should go back and see what they have worn as juniors. If there is any chance they can get numbers they have worn as junios it wouldnt surprise me if they chose them.

Just seen Dustin wore 6 at the Pioneers. Could be a possibility

Which player would you like to see wearing the following gurnsey numbers?
With it being likely that we'll take only 5 picks in the ND we only need to upgrade 5 players, for mine only 4 are worthy of being upgraded:
Astbury 4, Martin 6, Post 11, Nason 13. I'd give Grigg 14 and Houli 22, if Miller comes I'd give him 24 as like the others he is an experienced player who, despite the protests of some, has done enough to warrant a low number.

That leaves 27, 30, 31, 32, 36, 37, 39, 47 & 50 free. 27 I'd keep for Hislop if he gets rookied, otherwise it goes empty. The rest of the numbers I would allocate in draft order, so pick 6 gets 30, second pick gets 31 and so on.

This has been discussed a lot since the season finished

Theres an unofficial number committee, that gets then taken to the footy department and then to the player for approval.

Grigg has already requested a certain number which he will get, and the rest is still TBD.

4. Dustin Martin
5. Ben Griffiths
6. Shaun Grigg
7. David Astbury
11. Jayden Post
12. -
13. Ben Nason
14. Brad Miller?
22. Bashar Houli?
24. Jamie O'Reilly
27. Jeromey Webberly

Beat more games next year into Grimes and Dea.

This has been discussed a lot since the season finished

Theres an unofficial number committee, that gets then taken to the footy department and then to the player for approval.

Grigg has already requested a certain number which he will get, and the rest is still TBD.

and what number would that be? he started in 16 so i guess 6 would be good

martin i see in 4
naso in 7

4 - Craig Lambert in long sleeves
5 - Wayne Peter and his nose
6 - David Palm and his mo
7 - Marc Dragicevic and his shonky knee
11 - Sean Bowden and his curly hair
12 - Andrew Underwood and his mullett
13 - Matty Francis and his skinny arms
14 - Todd Breman and his blue eyes
22 - Nathan Bower and his skinny legs
24 - Clay Sampson
27 - Stewie Maxfield
30 - David Bourke
31 - John Howat's Mullett
50 - Mark Pitura

I think generally the 3 best numbers that go to the best midfielders in the comp are 3, 5 and 9. Lids is obviously a gun and deserves 3. Cotch likewise for 9. Hence I think Martin should get 5.

4 - Griffiths
5 - Martin
6 - Grigg
7 - Save for our first round pick to convert to after there first year.
11 - Astbury
12 - Post
13 - Nason
14 - Webberley
24 - Dea
30 - Taylor

I think generally the 3 best numbers that go to the best midfielders in the comp are 3, 5 and 9. Lids is obviously a gun and deserves 3. Cotch likewise for 9. Hence I think Martin should get 5.

3 of the best players in the league currently have the number 36

Dane Swan - Best mid
Brian Lake - Best Defender
Dustin Martin - Best up and comer :D

Nothing wrong with Dusty's current number

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Hird....5
Chris Judd.....5
Nathan Buckley..5
Ryan O'Keefe....5
Scott Thompson..5
Sam Mitchell....5
Varcoe...5

Alot of good players were and are number 5!

Nick Maxwell and Brent Stanton lowering the colours a little :D

The premiership captain lowering it? :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah i know i know :eek:. Just cant rate him. Hell Leon Davis could have skippered that team to a flag :p

Martin 4
Griggs 5
Astbury 6
Taylor 7
Nason 11
Griffith 24
Post 13
webberely 30
o'riley 14

They get given high numbers until they earn a lower number, at this stage Martin has earned an upgrade, Nason probably as well as Astbury.
The rest will probably be remaining in the high numbers.

number 12 won't suit anyone ever again

You're right.

Skinny Titus, one of the greatest players ever.

294 games (204 in a row), 970 goals (6th all-time), VFL leading Goal kicker in 1940 (100), 11-time club leading goalkicker, B&F, 2 premierships, 6 losing GFs, 3rd most goals kicked in finals (and he played when there was a final 4 not a final 8), Club coach.

Became a committeeman in 1947 (aged 39). One day the reserves were short a player, so Ol' Skinny suited up and played - kicked a lazy 12.

The VFL instituted a club Long-Service award in 1970, and jack Titus was the first winner. After his death an 1978, the award was named after him.

Legend.

You're right.

Skinny Titus, one of the greatest players ever.

294 games (204 in a row), 970 goals (6th all-time), VFL leading Goal kicker in 1940 (100), 11-time club leading goalkicker, B&F, 2 premierships, 6 losing GFs, 3rd most goals kicked in finals (and he played when there was a final 4 not a final 8), Club coach.

Became a committeeman in 1947 (aged 39). One day the reserves were short a player, so Ol' Skinny suited up and played - kicked a lazy 12.

The VFL instituted a club Long-Service award in 1970, and jack Titus was the first winner. After his death an 1978, the award was named after him.

Legend.

good one walla, the glorious past of this great club is too oft forgotten around here...one thing you failed to mention of this freak is he was 5"8 and about 10 stone or 70kg...to the uninitiated that's damian oiliver proportions after a few helpings at smorgys:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gurnsey numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back