Club Focus GWS Giants 2021 - Brander, Callaghan, Aleer, Fahey

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Would of been a ridiculous trade.
We lose pick 2 and 13 to get pick 5 and an unknown? No thanks.
It’s not totally Unknown, you know you are going to get a pretty good pick next year.. Id be surprised if we are not going to finish above bottom 6 and conceivably bottom
2. If you use only this years picks to move out from pick 2 it would seem you’d get a high 2nd rounder back..can’t see anyone giving a future 1st. Maybe could get a future 2nd from GC (who have multiple F2’s)..

It’s not totally Unknown, you know you are going to get a pretty good pick next year.. Id be surprised if we are not going to finish above bottom 6 and conceivably bottom
It is when we don’t know what will happen with the Hawks next season.
I’m sure the Pies were thinking they knew what F1st pick they were gifting away too. That backfired.

At the moment, do Giants fans have any idea who is Giants target?

As for Suns it does look like Callaghan would be choice #1 and then Andrew. It seems Suns consider Gibcus a flight risk.
That would mean if Giants are after Andrew downgrading pick 2 with other teams would not work.

I am sure Suns would be happy to swap pick 3 + future 2nd for pick 2. Suns would then take Callaghan and GWS Andrew if they are after him.

Really looking forward to see what happens. My guess is GWS will keep pick 2 and take Callaghan. Suns take Andrew.

2. If you use only this years picks to move out from pick 2 it would seem you’d get a high 2nd rounder back..can’t see anyone giving a future 1st. Maybe could get a future 2nd from GC (who have multiple F2’s)..
If you want pick 2 it will cost a premium..it should be 5 and hawks 2022 1st for pick 2 with maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder coming back at best

As for Suns it does look like Callaghan would be choice #1 and then Andrew. It seems Suns consider Gibcus a flight risk.
That would mean if Giants are after Andrew downgrading pick 2 with other teams would not work.

I am sure Suns would be happy to swap pick 3 + future 2nd for pick 2. Suns would then take Callaghan and GWS Andrew if they are after him.

Really looking forward to see what happens. My guess is GWS will keep pick 2 and take Callaghan. Suns take Andrew.
Most of the draft scribes dont have you guys taking callaghan though..it is gibcus that they are thinking GC take. There must be something in it and FWIW if he was there at pick 4 as a crows fan i am not liking the flight risk on using that pick on him. His family likns to beveridge and love of tge dogs worries me. I'd rather take hobbs or rachele or even goater or trade down for a top 10 and an 11-20 pick

Most of the draft scribes dont have you guys taking callaghan though..it is gibcus that they are thinking GC take. There must be something in it and FWIW if he was there at pick 4 as a crows fan i am not liking the flight risk on using that pick on him. His family likns to beveridge and love of tge dogs worries me. I'd rather take hobbs or rachele or even goater or trade down for a top 10 and an 11-20 pick
It seems a reliable intel on Gibcus directly from the club.

I would say most draft gurus expect Callaghan to be gone before Suns pick.

That Gibcus is a flight risk.
Strange then that you guys seem wedded to callaghan who also screams flight risk...surely if you guys dont want gibcus for that reason then callaghan has red flags too?

Edit. An interview he did a little while back he discussed how he became a dogs supporter because of luke beveridge. He seems like he really idolises the guy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange then that you guys seem wedded to callaghan who also screams flight risk...surely if you guys dont want gibcus for that reason then callaghan has red flags too?
I did not hear anything about Callaghan being a flight risk, at least not from Suns. Callaghan has relatives on GC who would love him to join Suns.

Last edited:

I would be very surprised if the Suns took Andrew.

Lots of talk about Giants and Mac Andrew. Also talk of Callaghan.
But it’s just talk, so we could be giving out false info or we could really be after them. Maybe both.

Fwiw..i edited my last post to add an interview he did. Have a listen. And if the suns do pick him i hope they have really done their homework
Just listened to the interview. Nothing really worried me in it. Interestingly, he mentioned Rowell. Who would not want to play and build dynasty with Rowell, Anderson, Luko, King, Rankine, Callaghan, Ballard, Powell, Hollands, Ainsworth, Bowes, Flanders, Sharp, Budarick, Jeffrey, Davies :) OK, let's see if most of them stay together first before getting too excited.

Last edited:
Suns were very impressed by his interview.

I meant more in terms of what their list needs..i dont think they are in a position to take a very raw long term project like andrew.

I meant more in terms of what their list needs..i dont think they are in a position to take a very raw long term project like andrew.
I think quite the opposite. If Andrew is exceptional talent as some experts say, I am happy to take him and wait a couple of years.

Suns got most pieces already in place. Yes, they were missing some tall depth notably ruck which I think they addressed. Most people think Suns need to draft KPD - Gibcus. Very rarely talls contribute first year. And Suns do believe Gibcus would struggle to move interstate.

As for KPD, nothing wrong with Collins, Ballard as starting duo. Thompson looks like he should contribute next year, Day is planned to go back. Casboult emergency depth.

As for KPPs, Suns decided to keep 2 tall rookies for 3rd year to show what they can do plus Moyle. Two tall academy kids could be drafted. Next year draft looks better for KPPs.

Just listened to the interview. Nothing really worried me in it. Interestingly, he mentioned Rowell. Who would not want to play and build dynasty with Rowell, Anderson, Luko, King, Rankine, Callaghan, Ballard, Powell, Hollands, Ainsworth, Bowes, Flanders, Sharp, Budarick, Jeffrey, Davies :) OK, let's see if most of them stay together first before getting too excited.
And Clarko

If GWS really arent going to pick Callaghan they should be doing Hawks current first and future first for 2 and 13

I am starting to think there worried Mac Andrew wont be there at Hawks pick 5 with GC Suns a huge worry there

I feel GC are happy to sit on pick 3 and take whoever is available out of Callaghan and Mac

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus GWS Giants 2021 - Brander, Callaghan, Aleer, Fahey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back