Ha! Eagles took Dick!

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy,

Eagles selected Brad Dick with pick 68

spewing, wish we got him, if he stays injury free he will be the best of all the rookies

I thought they were going to take Medhurst

thanks christ we didnt, i would have torn the clubhouse down. god knows why we took pearce again :confused::(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy,

Eagles selected Brad Dick with pick 68

Dick jokes aside, I'm not sure why we wouldn't want to pick Brad up? If Malthouse really rated the guy, then he's obviously got talent and drive.

If he can get his body right, and I reckon he's about due to sort it out after all this time, he'd be a great player to have on the list. We don't have a ton of depth at small forward... and definitely not for pacy small forwards.

Wonder why we didn't bother to pick him up. Probably too obvious a pick for us to consider it... our recruiting department don't seem to like picking up guys that other people think we'd like to pick. ;)

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think we'll regret letting him be picked up another mob, particularly the one up the road.

Hopefully Menagola and King are good enough that we forget we had the opportunity to pick Brad up. Understand where King fits into the picture. Not anywhere near as confident about Menagola.

Time will tell.

EDIT: Re: Menagola. The big query I have there is his height. If he's 192 cm as I've seen people mention occasionally, then it makes perfect sense. If he's only 188-189 as I've seen elsewhere (and which I think is actually the case) then it's harder to figure out where he'll fit in.

spewing, wish we got him, if he stays injury free he will be the best of all the rookies

If he can get his body right, and I reckon he's about due to sort it out after all this time, he'd be a great player to have on the list. We don't have a ton of depth at small forward... and definitely not for pacy small forwards.

Agree, but they're big IFs lets face it. For all his talent, he looks like one of those perennially injured players that at best will give you handful of games a season.

Would have been happy to take a punt, but don't think it's a bad call not to. I don't think Dick is going to come up when you need him to, and there's nothing more frustrating than that.

Sorry couldn't resist. :eek:

Won't get a game, with the healthy state of our list a spot in the 22 will be hard...Ebert could see that.

Agree with this, if his body couldn't hold up playing with a team that never travelled then how you think he'll go if he does get games and West Coast and forced to travel every second week, was weird to pick him up but it was with our final pick after all, nothing to lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha! Eagles took Dick!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back