Haddin is rubbish in the top order

Remove this Banner Ad

rose jam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's had 7 chances in a row and been plain rubbish. English finally worked out that he has only one attacking shot and now he can't perform.
I'd prefer Mitch Johnson open than this joker, and certainly like Tim Paine ahead of him.
He's range of shots is too limited for top order play, no chance in the world cup with him opening.

i don't like the way he - and ian bell too - has batted this series either but he's a got a fine average opening since taking over from gilchrist - 37.5 at a S/R of 85 odd. Paine's at 30 and 65-70. There's no real justification for dropping Haddin for Paine right now - i've got no doubt once the wc is over paine will take over in all forms immediately deserving or not - but for the WC haddin has the job. unless he has a horror start to the WC of course. we'd be making our team weaker if we drop him tbh

mind you i'd prefer haddin being dropped outright for paine than moving him down to 7 which gets said very often and is something i just can't fathom.

The Haddin who scored a 100 against NZ as opener is definitely up to opening. However the Haddin that has been opening in this series is definitely not up to it. As you mentioned he is too one dimensional and teams will obviously have seen this and know how to bowl to him.

relax and let him play out the rest of his career... it won't take much longer before he's not picked any more. mid 30's, not getting any better behind the stumps. his batting is inconsistent rather than terrible.

is this a serious thread

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

Haddin probably isnt our best opener, but he is a serious threat when he gets going, Tim Paine had a go and failed today, Mitchy Johnson looks good down the order, throw him at number 6 :)

If he must be in the team, may as well bat down at 6 or 7 so he can slog as much as he likes. Guys like Paine or Marsh should be accompanying Watson at the top of the order, they are generally pretty solid, can hit well and don't continually play stupid stupid shots when they aren't needed.

I wish they'd try and open with Johnson sometimes. On true bouncing wickets he could potentially go nuts, and if he goes out what have you really lost? Then bring in a technically correct batsmen after him.

Haddin on the other hand has no idea how to score unless he moves to the leg side and that doesn't fool anyone. Tim Paine at least can play shots from the crease.

I wish they'd try and open with Johnson sometimes. On true bouncing wickets he could potentially go nuts, and if he goes out what have you really lost? Then bring in a technically correct batsmen after him.

Haddin on the other hand has no idea how to score unless he moves to the leg side and that doesn't fool anyone. Tim Paine at least can play shots from the crease.

They'll probably give him another go at 3 or 4 now if the circumstances allow. His ability to go along at a good click is a real bonus.

They'll probably give him another go at 3 or 4 now if the circumstances allow. His ability to go along at a good click is a real bonus.

Hopefully. And he is much better at rotating the strike, something that when in poor form, White and Haddin simply cannot do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

relax and let him play out the rest of his career... it won't take much longer before he's not picked any more. mid 30's, not getting any better behind the stumps. his batting is inconsistent rather than terrible.

IMHO, the World Cup should be his last ODI/T20 tournament. He turns 34 this year and we should be looking to transition the keeping role to Paine.

Haddin has been going backwards ever since he was dropped from the T20 side, I don't even know why players care about T20 when they are playing Tests and ODI's, just enjoy the break. I think Paine will be in the side after the world cup in ODI's.

IMHO, the World Cup should be his last ODI/T20 tournament. He turns 34 this year and we should be looking to transition the keeping role to Paine.

my thoughts as well. i'm not as harsh as others with his batting... he's done some good service, but time to move him on. paine could probably do a similar job with the bat, and his keeping surely would be an improvement on haddin.

Hasnt been his best this tournament, i'd agree, but has earnt a spot for the World Cup. Batting well he's very good up there. Also would agree he should be done with limited overs post WC

Wish Paine wasnt considered as an ODI Opener, striking at less than 70 is ****ing rubbish in one day cricket. Terrible opener, you'd rather him at 5/6 if he's to come in.

Haddin is overrated but not nearly as much as Paine is. Haddin is Good first class batsmen and an average keeper. Paine is an average first class batsmen and just above average keeper.

Is this based on actual knowledge of Paine's technique? Or did you just look at his first class stats and jump to a false conclusion?

Is this based on actual knowledge of Paine's technique? Or did you just look at his first class stats and jump to a false conclusion?

Doesn't matter how good his techniques is at all, I rate Paine highly he has massive potential but something in his brain is stopping him from being a brilliant batsmen. Technique wise he is light years in front of Haddin but his Stats don't even come close to backing that up. He needs to make 100's. Potential YES, Overrated YES....

Haddin is rubbish full stop. He is as good as paine with the bat. And Tim Paine is a million times better with the gloves. Brad Haddin is an old school backstop, tim paine is a wicket keeper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Haddin is rubbish in the top order

Remove this Banner Ad

Back