Society/Culture Haha disregard that, Internet Explorer sucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Was is it though? Is it like supporting a footy team? Unless someone is making money from it then why do people give a **** what browser someone uses?
Works on a Microsoft Help Desk, thinks he is somebody....probably thinks files wear out.
The public service is full of these types, have been taught how to push a few buttons in the preferences tab, think they are now an integral part of Microsoft, they'll come over and "fix" your computer, leaving you to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows many hours alter and blaming third party incompatibilities for their stupidity.
Once they've run out of people dumb enough to buy their "skills" they'll start a blog and post a billion links....created by others.

How about we have look at PT's website...

Got a link Poptech?

Works on a Microsoft Help Desk, thinks he is somebody....probably thinks files wear out.
The public service is full of these types, have been taught how to push a few buttons in the preferences tab, think they are now an integral part of Microsoft, they'll come over and "fix" your computer, leaving you to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows many hours alter and blaming third party incompatibilities for their stupidity.
Once they've run out of people dumb enough to buy their "skills" they'll start a blog and post a billion links....created by others.
Not even close and when I was doing tech work (not help desk) over 15 years ago, I never had to reinstall Windows unless there was a catastrophic hardware failure or a damaging malware infection. Sorry you had to deal with incompetent tech support but this had nothing to do with me. This was one of the reasons I started a site, to provide free advice to all those who were doing it wrong. In the end it helped many people.

How about we have look at PT's website...

Got a link Poptech?
Popular Technology.net

Almost 9 million hits speaks for itself.
Uniques? Raws? Page views or file requests? Search traffic? Pages per visit? Time on site? Over what period?

I can make a site for stupid memes and get 9 million uniques in a day, doesn't make it a worthwhile site. Yours seems to be basically "denier pr0n".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He certainly has, turned tail and ran.
The last comment I see is a request to explain to clogged what a firefox fanboy is, which I am not going to waste my time doing. And I have no interest in the Marijuana red herring debate, let alone the rest of this whole specific thread but only initially posted to defend myself.

MrCharisma could not debate me on climate change so he resorted to dishonest personal attacks and red herrings, typical alarmist behavior when the debate is lost.

We have several threads which deal with debate on climate change,,,this thread was devoted to the strange cult of EI/Microscourge worship on some posters part.

The last comment I see is a request to explain to clogged what a firefox fanboy is, which I am not going to waste my time doing. And I have no interest in the Marijuana red herring debate, let alone the rest of this whole specific thread but only initially posted to defend myself.

MrCharisma could not debate me on climate change so he resorted to dishonest personal attacks and red herrings, typical alarmist behavior when the debate is lost.

Well that's a joke. I believe in the last climate related post you directed towards you were highlighting the fact that Franks is an Environmental Scientist in reply to my sentiment that Franks has less authority than a Climatologist in regards to global warming. That's stupid.

'Environmental Science' is an umbrella term under which a myriad of unrelated sciences fall. A Zoologist is an Environmental Scientist, Chemistry and Physics can be considered Environmental Sciences. It's akin to saying an Immunologist knows Podiatry because they are both Medical Sciences. Franks happens to be a Hydrologist by his qualifications and published research.

I was ignoring you in that thread not because I could not debate you, but because I've had the same debate with you before. And like everyone else who is unfortunate enough to attempt to "debate" you, I realised the first time 'round how much of a dishonest tool you are, and I believe you have ulterior and politically based motives.

You lost the climate debate when you couldn't produce a single study which hypothesises and proves that AGW is not happening and there should not be cause for any alarm. Hence, you created the red herring that is your website.

Last edited:

Who said vaudeville is dead? An object of universal derision deigns to visit us, again. I feel nauseous. Marijuana and red herrings - I might try that. After all, marijuana is an effective treatment for nausea. It would require strong dope to work in this case.

Well that's a joke. I believe in the last climate related post you directed towards you were highlighting the fact that Franks is an Environmental Scientist in reply to my sentiment that Franks has less authority than a Climatologist in regards to global warming. That's stupid.

'Environmental Science' is an umbrella term under which a myriad of unrelated sciences fall. A Zoologist is an Environmental Science, Chemistry and Physics can be considered Environmental Sciences. It's akin to saying an Immunologist knows Podiatry because they are both Medical Sciences. Franks happens to be a Hydrologist by his qualifications and published research.

I was ignoring you in that thread not because I could not debate you, but because I've had the same debate with you before and like everyone else who is unfortunate enough to attempt to "debate" you, I realised the first time 'round how much of a dishonest tool you are, and I believe you have ulterior and politically based motives.

You lost the climate debate when you couldn't produce a single study which hypothesises and proves that AGW is not happening and there should not be cause for any alarm. Hence, you created the red herring that is your website.

Environmental Scientist here reporting for duty. :)

I don't know jack shit about AGW, in the sense of holding a reasonable debate though :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Haha disregard that, Internet Explorer sucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back