Hall of Fame 2007 Inductees????

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nominations for Collingwood:

Syd Coventry should be a legend, IMO from all the stuff I've read about him, he was a better player than Gordon.

Albert Collier is another who could well be up there. Dyer describes him as the only player he ever feared.

Millane, Ron Todd Collingwood and Williamstown (999 VFA and VFL goals, 188 goals in 1945 VFA, a bag of 20) are some other guesses. Tuddenham,

Why do they keep upgrading people to 'legend', surely if they weren't a legend 10 years ago they aren't suddenly one now.

I mean they made Darrel Baldock a legend didn't they? A guy who played most of his footy in Tasmania if I'm not mistaken...

Thats true that they made Baldock a legend and he played alot of football in Tasmania but it is the AFL Hall of Fame not the VFL/WAFL/SANFL Hall of Fame. Barrie Robran is a legend and never played VFL/AFL but his contribution was great enough that they deem him a legend.

Fair enough I say

Not sure what the AFL criteria for Legend status is but if its similar to the WAFL then there will be more legends elevated over time

The WAFL have 110 HOFers and the Legend criteria is 10% of the total number so 11 are elevated

I have a feeling the same criteria is applied to the AFL Hall of Fame.
I think this year is a year where there won't be a legend elevated,
however if I were to guess who it were to be I'd say either
Alex Jesaulenko or Royce Hart or Malcolm Blight

Hall of Fame inductees will include either Jakovich, Kemp or Worsfold IMO

Not sure what the AFL criteria for Legend status is but if its similar to the WAFL then there will be more legends elevated over time

The WAFL have 110 HOFers and the Legend criteria is 10% of the total number so 11 are elevated

Yep the same. If there are under 9 inductees to the Hall of Fame they can't elevate any until next year

Can we still have the debate of Should Gary Ablett be included in the Hall Of Fame? Seems to come up every year, so why so now since his included. Over to everybody else for your views :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely this should be renamed the australian rules hall off fame, it should encompass all people that have made huge contributions to australian rules football. this vic'sentric view that the only people that are to be inducted should be people that played in the vfl/afl is rediculous, the world didnt start when victoria said it would, they arent the be all and end all, there are another few states and territorys which have just as much significance to australian rules football as victoria does.

Hall of Fame inductees will include either Jakovich, Kemp or Worsfold IMO
Dead certainties.

Dont you have to be retired a certain amount of years (i think itsl ike 4 or something) to be considered. Kemp and Woosh should be up this year with Jako being only recently retired.

surely this should be renamed the australian rules hall off fame, it should encompass all people that have made huge contributions to australian rules football. this vic'sentric view that the only people that are to be inducted should be people that played in the vfl/afl is rediculous, the world didnt start when victoria said it would, they arent the be all and end all, there are another few states and territorys which have just as much significance to australian rules football as victoria does.

It's the VFL/AFL hall of fame.

If you want, you can build a SANFL hall of fame. We wont care, same as we don't care about SANFL flags either:thumbsu:

Quote:
Dont you have to be retired a certain amount of years (i think itsl ike 4 or something) to be considered.
Correct. I'm pretty sure it's four.

Actually, You have to have been retired for three full seasons. Therefore
the people who retired in 2003 are now eligible, as the full 2004, 2005 and
2006 seasons have elapsed. This is why Lockett had to wait until 2006
to be inducted; his stupid comeback in 2002 reset his eligibility criterion.

el D

Serious question: Does every South Australian have a chip on their shoulder?

No, of course we don't. Richard Nixon coined the phrase 'The silent
majority' and that would include most Croweaters. It's just a few who
annoy the hell out of many. I would guess that these few listen to the
5AA commentary by choice!

el D

PS. Richard Nixon the 37th president of the USA, not the player-manager leech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back