Hampden Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

journeyman said:
ratley said:
Even with Kurt Niklaus in the Blues' line-up? Seriously though, how does the big Barra rate in the league?

He would have to be one of the best defenders wouldn't he.

In the WAFL last year, especially in the 2nd half, he was as good as any full back going around

yes agree barra is a dominant powerfull backman... shows when he plays CHB in interleague.. taking opp best forward every week... keeps them quiet plus plays well...

very intimadating also...:thumbsu:

glad to have barra back home...

OK guys my tips for the weekends games

Warrnambool to defeat Camperdown-5pts and only because i predicted they would make the big one.
Sth Warrnambool d Koroit-37points
Cobden to defeat Nth Warrnambool-64points
Terang/Mortlake to defeat Port Fairy- 42points
:thumbsu:

Upset to see this thread on page three.
My tips
Warrnambool d Sth Warrn in an upset-5points
Koroit d Nth Warrn-42 points
Cobden d P Fairy -32 points
T/Mortlake d Camperdown-11 points:thumbsu:

Hey guys - a little OT but I'll be down in Warnambool on the weekend (may even drop in to see the big Warrnambool v South clash on Sunday if it's free admission).

More importantly however can anyone tell me if there is a pub in the district which shows Fox Footy? From what I can tell not one pub in Warnambool has it due to cost. Am happy to drive to Port Fairy if required as I'm keen to see the Roos v Tiges game tomorrow.

Many thanks.

go fullta said:
ringo1 said:
:thumbsu: Tips for this week;
ringo1 said:
Warrnambool d N Warrnambool-32pts

you like the w'bool boys under estimated north w'bool,shattered we only went down by 3 pionts
good future for the eagles

fantastic to see the eagles so competitive. With their youngsters they do have a bright future.Warrnambool are a bit disapointing at the moment.Good luck to all at Nth.:thumbsu:

im pretty sure north warrnambool play camperdown tomorow at bushfield...GO EAGLES!!!

south w'bool vs port fairy... prediction: south by 47 points
w'bool vs koroit... prediction: koroit by 23 points
terang vs cobden.... prediction: terang by 16 points
camperdown vs nth w'bool.... prediction: north w'bool by 7 points

Fulta u may not agree with this weeks tips but here we go.

Warrnambool d Port Fairy.........29points
Terang/Mortlake d Koroit............8 points
Camperdown d Cobden...............2 points
Sth Warrnambool d Nth Warrnambool...41 points

The final five could be set and the top 2 decided this week. Should be a great weekend of footy.:thumbsu:

Fullta, I like the crop of youngsters at the Eagles.This week should see some great games.
Warrnambool to defeat T/Mortlake-11 points(keep their finals hopes alive)
Camperdown to defeat Koroit-19 points
Cobden to defeat Sth Warrnambool-8 points
Nth Warrnambool to defeat Port Fairy-23 points.:thumbsu:

hey ringo and go fulta... just wondering what you think of this stella team.
and if you think any other counrty victorian team could match it...

b- B. Parkinson - J. Thompson - M.Schrama
hb - C. McLaren - D.O'Conner - K.Nickalus
c - J. Walters - J. McLaren - P.Heffernan
hf - B. Harris - R. Smedts - B. Kilday
f- M. irving - B. Hinkley - R. Gregg
rucks - L. Nickalus - L.Ryan - S O'Keefe
int - S. Sinnot - B. Couch - T. Dixon - B.Sholl - R. Sullivan

what do you guys think:thumbsu:

Great to hear from you dreamboat! The side that you listed would be very competitive. I don't think that other regions have an appreciation of how good the Hampden league is!! I would still have Hinkley in my side:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dream Boat said:
hey ringo and go fulta... just wondering what you think of this stella team.
and if you think any other counrty victorian team could match it...

b- B. Parkinson - J. Thompson - M.Schrama
hb - C. McLaren - D.O'Conner - K.Nickalus
c - J. Walters - J. McLaren - P.Heffernan
hf - B. Harris - R. Smedts - B. Kilday
f- M. irving - B. Hinkley - R. Gregg
rucks - L. Nickalus - L.Ryan - S O'Keefe
int - S. Sinnot - B. Couch - T. Dixon - B.Sholl - R. Sullivan

what do you guys think:thumbsu:

I would also imagine that Hinkley and Irvine(8 goals interleague) would be handful whilst the fullback Thompson has been outstanding for Sth Warrnambool

b ben parkinson, jarrod thompson, chris mclaren
hb paddy heffernan,kurt nicklaus, joe mclaren
c andrew paton, damian O'connor, josh walters
hf matthew irving, ricky smedts, brad sholl
f brian beinke, frank matthews, robbie gregg
foll stephen sinnott, simon okeefe, liam ryan
int ben harris, brian hinkley, matt schrama, ben kilday
emerg nick couch, ricky sullivan, troy dixon, brendan mcmasters

similar but a few changes that turn it into a better side dream boat...haha!!! thoughts ringo?

agree go fulta missed out on a couple,
  • paton in for sholl (maybe)
would defiantly have L. nickalus in though...
certainly OX is a big chance at the maskell,
:thumbsu: best from warrnambool, by far this year...

ringo1 said:
Great to hear from you dreamboat! The side that you listed would be very competitive. I don't think that other regions have an appreciation of how good the Hampden league is!! I would still have Hinkley in my side:thumbsu:

Ringo1 this statment hits the nail on head.
down here we get no recognitioon from no one(on this site). i'm not being byest, you just have to look at the statistics that sway in hampdens favour, but still no recognition...

I've played this year with a bloke called Adam Courtney, is an absolute champion of a bloke and not a bad footballer either. used to play at Cobden. can anyone else tell me a bit more about him any achivements

Great to see the site back on the front page! Courtney is playing football for Kyabram in the Goulburn Valley FL although my source up that way thinks he could be on the move to a neighbouring club next year. Has been used as a runwith player in a lot of games.:thumbsu:

ringo1 said:
Great to see the site back on the front page! Courtney is playing football for Kyabram in the Goulburn Valley FL although my source up that way thinks he could be on the move to a neighbouring club next year. Has been used as a runwith player in a lot of games.:thumbsu:

I am at the same club as him this year, what was he like when he was at cobden did he ever take out any b&f's there.

Gents my first post on this forum, but I feel i have to inspire you guys to keep the rest of us Ex Hampdenites informed! I'm keen to get your opinons on how you see the HFNL finals going this week?

The standand (online) takes a politcally correct approach, so i/we need some hard hitting opinons! Any upsets predicted ? Any teams suffering major injuries ? Always seems to be the undoing of the favoured teams...

Koroit have found some late form by the look. Not sure if they are a threat, however they would love being up against it I'm tipping ?

Did Camperdown have many out on the weekend ? or were South simply far to good for them ?

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hampden Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back