Hampden Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

go fullta said:
- we all know jason misfud is a top coach.

- joe mclaren isnt the coaching type and if he do's get the job, he will be no good at it. rumour is that he has been approached to coach hamilton next yr

-beinke's future looks dodgy as a coach cos rumour has it that he doesnt know whats going on, had to call in blokes to help him out on the bench this year.

-remember "badhairday" that WDNFL is a very poor standard of football, way below the hampden league!!!

everyone is jumping on the koroit ban wagon for tomorows game, remember not long ago that koroit were struggling and camperdown were on fire!!! i believe with stephen sinnott, ben harris and barny hinkley up foward, they will be too strong and win by 28 points!!

Starting to wonder if you write for the standard as your tip was similar to the one in the standard!!

We don't all know Mifsud is a good coach or he wouldn't have got the sack from Koroit.

Interesting thoughts on Beinke considering they finished top and will play in a grandfinal. If they win, it will take a brave man to sack him. Surely if he was that bad they would have axed him before now.

Regardless of the standard of WDFL some good players have still come from there. It is still considered a fair recruiting ground for some of the Hampden league sides. P.S. Don't get too carried away with Hampden's standard, it still doesn't match it with alot of country leagues in Victoria.

Interesting thoughts on McLaren, although your Crystal Ball didn't pick the 4 point victory to Camperdown.

badhairday said:
Starting to wonder if you write for the standard as your tip was similar to the one in the standard!!

We don't all know Mifsud is a good coach or he wouldn't have got the sack from Koroit.

Interesting thoughts on Beinke considering they finished top and will play in a grandfinal. If they win, it will take a brave man to sack him. Surely if he was that bad they would have axed him before now.

Regardless of the standard of WDFL some good players have still come from there. It is still considered a fair recruiting ground for some of the Hampden league sides. P.S. Don't get too carried away with Hampden's standard, it still doesn't match it with alot of country leagues in Victoria.

Interesting thoughts on McLaren, although your Crystal Ball didn't pick the 4 point victory to Camperdown.

i didnt even look at the standards tips, i picked camperdown and they saluted accordingly.
my mail on beinke is correct, he might be a top footballer but has needed help on coaching the side.
the hampden league proved this year that they can match it with good country leagues....ex. beating mpnfl(mornington peninsula) which on the polls board is one of the top 10 leagues in country victoria.
your kidding yourself if you dont think mifsud is a super coach, id rather be at st kilda then coaching koroit!!!

im going for camperdown again tomorow as an upset by 14 pionts!!

Fullta-good stuff. I have heard that a couple of clubs are watching with interest what happens in the Geelong league next year due to the drought. Although there will be ground rationalisation, if it doesn't rain there could be many footballers keen to play down this way. The clubs concerned are Camperdown and Terang/Mortlake:thumbsu:

interesting,well geelong players are obviously aware how good the hampden league is!!!
clubs recruits-
port fairy have signed tom white as assistant coach, with pumper cassidy as there new non playing coach.
terang-mortlake-?
camperdown-?
koroit- x heffernan, a williams, i templeton
south w'bool-? dont know who they have recruited but they have lost a few.
w'bool-?
cobden-?

can anyone fill in the question marks?

interesting,well geelong players are obviously aware how good the hampden league is!!!
clubs recruits-
port fairy have signed tom white as assistant coach, with pumper cassidy as there new non playing coach.
terang-mortlake-?
camperdown-?
w'bool-?
cobden-?

Can anybody tell me who won the league best and fairest this year?

Can anybody tell me who won the league best and fairest this year?

League website:

Maskell Medal Winners

Camperdown's Assistant Coach and onballer Ben Harris has won the 2006 Maskell Medal in Hampden League, polling 32 votes, to be a clear winner from South Warrnambool's Troy Dixon with 23 votes. Ben was awarded eight best on ground votes.

League website:

Maskell Medal Winners

Camperdown's Assistant Coach and onballer Ben Harris has won the 2006 Maskell Medal in Hampden League, polling 32 votes, to be a clear winner from South Warrnambool's Troy Dixon with 23 votes. Ben was awarded eight best on ground votes.

This might be old news but Ben HARRIS has signed to play at Spotswood in the wrfl next season

Here is my prediction for season 2007 - Lets see at the End of the Year how I go....

1. Cobden
2. Terang-Mortlake
3. Koroit
4. South Warrnambool
5. Warrnambool
6. Camperdown
7. Port Fairy
8. North Warrnambool

clubs recruits-
terang-mortlake-?
camperdown-?
w'bool-?
cobden-?

port fairy - tom white, andrew sharp
terang/mortlake - xavier moloney, darren little, dan lee, brett membrey, jason moloney, joel moloney. Will be in the hunt. Xavier Moloney for the Maskell!
koroit - seddon from merrivale is very good. Koroit for top 3.
camperdown - robert gordon, james castles - lost all their onball guns but still have a few quality players there, depth will be the issue at the pies.
cobden - mostly returning players, but have lost nothing. won 10 games straight last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of you folks interested in taking the cyber-field in a pretend team? :p

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314342

Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League?

Seeking interest in players for a Regional Leagues fantasy footy comp.

This is a) not real footy and b) not pick-a-team-of-AFL-players footy. Its even lazier!

All you do is express interest, I'll do the rest via QOOTY, a crappy random aussie rules simulator I created years ago and have been trying to bring up to speed. FAQs here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75728

I'll try to collate a league of teams that are representative of the more popular local leagues here, so I need raised hands from the posters. I won't make up any names, I won't allow any sudden new arrivals.

So either post here or PM me if you want your Bigfooty alter-ego registered for a team.

Hopefully we can turn some rivalries into some even more potent partnerships!

I'll probably aim for starting the season, say, end of next week. I MAY have to be an inflexible prick with okaying a team and treating latecomers.

For this season, hopefully the inaugural season of an ongoing league, all we need are 20 players per team. There is already a Fantasy league, more closely based on the AFL clubs, at Bigfooty, here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30 - its into its 7th season and has developed a bit of history! There is also another league at another footy forum site, this year with only 3 teams but had been as strong as 5 clubs in its 3 year tenure.

So get in touch if you're interested. Remember you don't have to do anything apart from dob your Bigfooty nickname in for a spot. Please tell me which club/league of regional footy you would prefer to be aligned with (please state both).

We'll see how we go. If it doesn't happen, ah well, if it happens later than I hope ... I'll still give it a burl.

Onward lads! ...

I heard Terang have unearthed a son of a gun. Young Steve Staunton played on the weekend and from my research he is the son of the legendary Terang ruckman Justin Staunton. He will be one to keep an eye on if he is anything like his old man

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can tell me how Damien Dobson went in his 300th for Koroit on the weekend his is my cousin and I was talking to his brother Neil at an uncles 60th in Geelong a couple of weeks ago and he told me that he is determined beat his oldest brothers club record.

Thanks for any info boys

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can tell me how Damien Dobson went in his 300th for Koroit on the weekend his is my cousin and I was talking to his brother Neil at an uncles 60th in Geelong a couple of weeks ago and he told me that he is determined beat his oldest brothers club record.

Thanks for any info boys

Birko, here is the report from the Warrnambool Standard. Dobbo was named best in the results.

http://the.standard.net.au/articles/2007/04/16/1176575724307.html

I heard Terang have unearthed a son of a gun. Young Steve Staunton played on the weekend and from my research he is the son of the legendary Terang ruckman Justin Staunton. He will be one to keep an eye on if he is anything like his old man

Justin Staunton .... "Legendary". Luv it!

Here is my prediction for season 2007 - Lets see at the End of the Year how I go....

1. Cobden
2. Terang-Mortlake
3. Koroit
4. South Warrnambool
5. Warrnambool
6. Camperdown
7. Port Fairy
8. North Warrnambool

Very Interesting DaKing. I don't think you will be DaKing of predictions though. Here is mine:

1. Terang-Mortlake
2. Warrnambool
3. South
4. Cobden
5. Camperdown
6. Koroit
7. North Warrnambool
8. Port fairy

Very Interesting DaKing. I don't think you will be DaKing of predictions though. Here is mine:

1. Terang-Mortlake
2. Warrnambool
3. South
4. Cobden
5. Camperdown
6. Koroit
7. North Warrnambool
8. Port fairy

Well well Astroboy, dont think much of my prediction. You are obviously a Camperdown supporter to have them in the 5. And by your tips I gather you think the pies can beat the Saints this weekend. Ill take the Koroit boys. How bout the loser shouts a meal at my local Cally Hotel next time your in Warrnambool??

Well well Astroboy, dont think much of my prediction. You are obviously a Camperdown supporter to have them in the 5. And by your tips I gather you think the pies can beat the Saints this weekend. Ill take the Koroit boys. How bout the loser shouts a meal at my local Cally Hotel next time your in Warrnambool??

No not a Camperdown supporter but I will have to stick to my ladder, so I will tip the pies by 13pts. Not sure about the Cally hotel. My local is the Royal Hotel, so lets make it a kids meal there.

Starting to wind up the recruiting period for the Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League ... applications are drying up ... but would still love to get at least to four teams!

(69 players, 11 more to enable a fourth team!)

METRO VIC (25 players)
Diamond Valley FL (10)
1. Kickass (Div 1 / Eltham)
2. mattyr (Div 1 Bundoora)
3. Iceman27 (Div 2 / Wallan)
4. Force (Div 2 / Watsonia)
5. Bubble Wrap (Div 2 / Watsonia)
6. Giveyathemail (Div ? / Lalor)
7. Jewelsandbullet (Div ? / Montmorency)
8. Dv_Worm (Div ? / Coburg Amateurs)
9. rompermfc (Div 2 / Macleod)
10. ifyoucandodgeawrench

VFL & VAFA (Vic) (7)
1. can't mark can't kick (VAFA / D1)
2. harper (VAFA / D2 / South Melbourne Districts)
3. youngblood (VAFA / D2 / Aquinas)
4. The Tigers Nuts (VAFA / D3 / Old Westbourne)
5. the lemon wedge (Port Melbourne / VFL)
6. Joe Dirt (VAFA / A Grade)
7. FitzroyRamone (VAFA / C Grade / Fitzroy Reds)

Essendon DFL (5)
1. Subway (Essendon DFL)
2. colgate (Essendon DFL / Strathmore)
3. coreybrown (Essendon DFL)
4. litening (Essendon DFL / Airport West)
5. oldfashiondefender (Essendon DFL)

Western Region FL (3)
1. Gemini17 (WRFL Div 2)
2. Blueboy16 (WRFL Div 2)
3. thesilkmeister (Western Region FL)
x. the lemon wedge (WRFL Div 1 / Port Colts) - VFL / Port Melbourne (Bigfooty RL FFL)

WEST MELB & WEST VIC (20 players)
Riddell DFL (4)
1. billylid (Riddell DFL)
2. Itsmyshow (Riddell DFL)
3. Trublueroo (Riddell DFL)
4. Bluecrew #2 (Riddell DFL)

Western, Mallee, Wimmera (9)
1. Bakers_Patrons (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
2. Centre Sqaure (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
3. clifton's lookalike (Central Murray FL / Tyntynder)
4. Whispers (Geelong FL)
5. The Prawn (Millewa FL)
6. MasterOfROC (North Central FL / St Arnaud)
7. ALWHTE (Mininera & DFL)
8. theopacman (Western Border FL / Hamilton Imperials)
9. sheep dogger (Geelong FL)

Bendigo FL / Loddon Valley FL (7)
1. gerta (Loddon Valley FL)
2. A_JET8 (Bendigo FL)
3. Norfolk & Clew (Bendigo FL / Golden Square)
4. max powers. (Bendigo FL)
5. The fatman (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
6. davis 24 (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
7. Courageunderfire (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
x. caveman (Bendigo FL / Kangaroo Flat) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)
x. maroon and blue (Bendigo FL / Eaglehawk) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)

EASTERN MELB, EASTERN VIC & OUTSIDE VIC (24 players)
Northern, North-Eastern, Eastern & Gippsland regions (15)
1. FOOTYBOSS (Goulburn Valley FL)
2. Johnny Tapp (Goulburn Valley FL)
3. Zippa (Goulburn Valley FL)
4. Joeyboy (Kyabram DFL)
5. VT#23 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
6. sparra (Kyabram DFL)
7. The Iceman #49 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
8. iwantanotherflag (Picola & DFL / Katandra)
9. Slush Puppy (Kyabram DFL)
10. Darc21 (Ovens & Murray FL / Wangaratta Rovers)
11. goodies (Ellinbank DFL)
12. Marto121 (Picola & DFL)
13. slugga (YVMDFL)
14. MadMan V1.2 (Southern FL / Div 3 / Skye)
15. More Than A Game (Tallangatta DFL)
x. Pie4Life (MPNFL) - Dragons (Sweet FA)
x. OldMav (MPNFL) - Bigfooty Bombers (Sweet FA)
x. Frankston Rover (MPNFL) - Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)
x. diablo14 - (MPNFL) Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)

Outside Victoria (9)
1. Bella Buffalo (South Africa)
2. cckid (Ontario AFL / Canada)
3. roorat (Northern Tasmanian FA / Deloraine)
4. bakerman (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Kingborough)
5. head67 (Riverina FL)
6. morphous (Queensland)
7. SJM41 (Queensland / ? FL / Redland)
8. Injury prone (WAFL / Perth)
9. billybrownless16 (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Lauderdale)
x.Ljp86 (WAFL / Subiaco) - Dragons FC (Sweet FA)

Note : Players numbered x. are players who are only available under permit. They do not count amongst the 20 players required for a team, as if they are unavailable just one week, then that team will be unable to field a full contingent. The team's for which these players are primarily registered, are listed alongside the players' names.[/QUOTE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hampden Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back