Hansen-perception

Remove this Banner Ad

JUST NORTH

Senior List
Aug 14, 2007
perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For all the good and bad that is spoken or written of this kid we must remember he has played only 11 Afl games,the last 4 in particular he has improved out of sight in fact during the second and third quarters of yesterday's game i would of had him in the top 3 on the ground( watch the replay closely)
If he remains injury free for the next 3 years i dare say all of the knockers who questioned his selection in the draft before other picks might be pleasantly surprised,in my humble opinion i think we have a player who in time will be a genuine matchwinner of the highest order.

I also find myself defending him to North 'supporters'.

Has had some fumbles this year which unfortunately were at crucial times and cost goals (the Port game and yesterday early spring to mind)

However he is showing more every week. is a sure kick and has very sticky hands. Patience will be rewarded for a long time me thinks

If he works on his awareness, will be a monster.

agreed. the only negative Ive noticed is that he doesnt appear to be up with the pace of the game. ie. he seems to get caught in possesion a fair bit, but I reckon that obviously will improve as he gets more games under his belt. :thumbsu:

CHF.

Re his awareness or his ability on the deck, you have to remember that he is only a few cm's shorter than Hale and 19 years old. As he plays more games he'll be more comfortable in all facets of the game.

agreed. the only negative Ive noticed is that he doesnt appear to be up with the pace of the game. ie. he seems to get caught in possesion a fair bit, but I reckon that obviously will improve as he gets more games under his belt. :thumbsu:

In my opinion the reason why he has improved out of sight in the last 4 weeks is that he has come to terms with the tempo of the game which brings me back to the point of perception ,people were making a lot of unfair judgements on the kid's first 7 games as if he were a seasoned campaigner.

Field kicking isn't the greatest, occasionally it drops short or too wide. Kicking for goal though... :)

CHF.

Re his awareness or his ability on the deck, you have to remember that he is only a few cm's shorter than Hale and 19 years old. As he plays more games he'll be more comfortable in all facets of the game.

Agreed. I can see us using Lachie and Drew as interchangeable CHF and CHB... would definitely send some teams into disarray.

There are times where he has fumbled and has looked like his struggled with the tempo of the game but then u look at the positives and these positives outweigh his negatives by a mile and cannot be dropped.

Has looked composed in front of goal and his contested marking is very strong and for an 11 gamer there are great signs of him being a superstar.

Has looked composed in front of goal and his contested marking is very strong and for an 11 gamer there are great signs of him being a superstar.

His contested marking is ridiculous considering his age and experience. I wish we could fast forward him 2 years (and slot him into this years team). Will be massive for us I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHF.

I see him also more as a CHF. He has huge potental to kick bags of goals for us from there.

Agreed. I can see us using Lachie and Drew as interchangeable CHF and CHB... would definitely send some teams into disarray.

I'd prefer CHF but i don't see why we cant chop & change Drew & Lochie between CHF & CHB. I guess its what suites at the time.

Also dont forget Robbie Tarrant, he could be anthoer CHF.

He is going to be an absolute machine. He has a footy brain, presents well and runs into the right spaces and he enjoys a bit of body contact. Running around making a fool of some players 6-7 years his senior. The way he out marked Waite was awesome, he just turned 20 and is doing shit like that. :eek: If he can iron out those mistakes, improve his kicking and put on another 5-10 kgs in the next few years, he will be a weapon.

CHF.

Havent we got Tarrant/Petrie/Josh Smith/Edwards for that position?He just seems more comfortable at CHB and i believe he has stated that in an article somewhere.

Havent we got Tarrant/Petrie/Josh Smith/Edwards for that position?He just seems more comfortable at CHB and i believe he has stated that in an article somewhere.

Yeah but if we put him in the back line, the position he played as a junior, the position we drafted him as, then how are we going to fill Big Footy threads with the tiresome complaint that we lack a class key defender? Unless of course, we draft a key forward and turn him into a defender. And while we're at it, I hear there's a lightning quick midget in this year's batch who is a monty for first ruck. :rolleyes:

I like his work off the ball. He continues to present as a lead up option and also present to create space for other players. The poor guy on him cannot keep up. While that fumbled mark to Carlton goal killed, he has looked better and better each game.

This was a major sticking point for starting this thread,too many people are polarized on the mistakes he makes,yes he made one mistake yesterday (big deal) he more than made up for it by kicking 2 goals,17 possies,8 marks (2 saving marks going back with the flight,one great contested mark on Waite) and numerous other things for a guy starting out,how many mistakes have experienced players made over the journey that cost us goals but we let go throught to the keeper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hansen-perception

Remove this Banner Ad

Back