News Hardwick Quits as coach of Richmond: Press Conference at 10:30am Tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue with Tom Morris going with this story is their is zero chance he got the information ethically and that is where the problem lies first and foremost

Its not that he went with the story, its the how he got the information that is the problem.

The issue with Tom Morris going with this story is their is zero chance he got the information ethically and that is where the problem lies first and foremost

Its not that he went with the story, its the how he got the information that is the problem.

We’re talking about a bloke quitting his job. There’s no ethics questions to it at all. We’re not talking about invading somebody’s privacy or accessing their medical records or something.

A bloke quit his job. It’s big news in the industry, yes, but it’s not some bloody state secret. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter in the slightest. Nobody is hurt by this news being delivered.

"Ethically" is an odd choice of words.

If someone within Richmond told him, then is that "ethically" correct? That's the only way it could happen.

We’re talking about a bloke quitting his job. There’s no ethics questions to it at all. We’re not talking about invading somebody’s privacy or accessing their medical records or something.

A bloke quit his job. It’s big news in the industry, yes, but it’s not some bloody state secret. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter in the slightest. Nobody is hurt by this news being delivered.

People need to define privacy with a bit more rigour in that case.

People are sacrificing and giving up information on the internet so freely the definition of privacy basically now extends to only the core extremeties like well if you are about to die or not.

This is a invasion of privacy when its all said and done and id argue it is a invasion of their medical situation when the news is discussing "mental burnout" as the cause of his decision

It's a fair call. "He should have thought about the players and how hurt they'd be, finding out about this in the news..." Did the person who leaked it to him consider the players?

If there’s such a thing as being too invested as an AFL fan, I reckon being offended on behalf of some footy players about them not finding out directly their coach had resigned… yeah that’s probably it.

I mean honestly, who gives a toss.

It's a fair call. "He should have thought about the players and how hurt they'd be, finding out about this in the news..." Did the person who leaked it to him consider the players?
Couldn't have been that many people in the inner sanctum who know. I'd suggest Tiger people would have an idea who the leaker is

If bribing someone to act against their employer's interests is just doing your job then the AFL needs to step in. It is probably not such a big deal in this case, but in the Bulldogs selection announcements saga it was an integrity issue and should have been acted upon by the AFL. Other journos are describing this as "outstanding journalism." FMD.
LOL bribing someone. Every single news outlet would provide rewards for information. This isn't new. The person that leaked it is 100% responsible. They wanted the cash and they took it. Don't go blaming the reporter for it. I doubt there is a single news breaker in Australia that would have sat on this information if they had the chance to break it.

Do I agree with it? absolutely not, but you are pointing your pitchfork at the wrong person. the problem is we will never know who leaked it in the first place.

People need to define privacy with a bit more rigour in that case.

People are sacrificing and giving up information on the internet so freely the definition of privacy basically now extends to only the core extremeties like well if you are about to die or not.

This is a invasion of privacy when its all said and done and id argue it is a invasion of their medical situation when the news is discussing "mental burnout" as the cause of his decision

Whose privacy?

Not Hardwick’s, he’d already told the club and probably other people he was resigning. We’re talking about his employment and it’s not like the reporting of it damaged his employment or something. It was after the fact.

The club? I don’t think organisations have privacy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly pulled off a 4 peat.
What the ****.

He never went back to back in a full-length season with full length games. He never got three in a row even with a shortened season in the middle. He never came close to four in a row.

Last edited:
Pretty poor by Morris announcing to the county before the actual players heard it from Dimma himself. I get it is his job, but jts a pretty big story, I can guarantee you he wish he had of found out directly and had a chance to do something before his video got him the arse last year.

This is ****ing laughable. A journalist's job is to break and report stories. If he didn't do it, then another would have.

We live in an age where someone can text instantly far and wide, and no doubt as soon as word spread around the club, an admin bird or even someone in the football dept most likely texted a friend outside the club and it spreads there.

How about the club plug its leaks first before attacking a journo doing his job?

"Ethically" is an odd choice of words.

If someone within Richmond told him, then is that "ethically" correct? That's the only way it could happen.
If you bribe people with cash rewards and take advantage of someones vulnerability then yes it is a lack of ethics

Tons of times the person taking said reward has a issue whether it be drug or gambling related and will have a huge strain on their mental health by doing such action.

Its preying on the vulnerablea majority of the time

What the *.

He never went back to in a full-length season with full length games. He never got three in a row even with a shortened season in the middle. He never came close to four in a row.
2017 win, 2018 prelim, 2019 win, 2020 win. It might actually pay for you to breath, think then post. Good day sir.

So not close to 4 in a row?
Lol, i can see the MB brains trust are coming out now. Yeah, a prelim amongst the 3 flags. Nowhere near it…..

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hardwick Quits as coach of Richmond: Press Conference at 10:30am Tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back