Nostradamus Lives Harley Bennell Covid Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d think that would be at least a 10 game suspension. How many breaches has Melbourne had this season?

Player on bender.

Inappropriate touching.

Still need an entitled WAG to go to a salon to compete the Richmond COVID trio.

There won’t be nearly as much outrage about this round as its Melbourne.

I suspect if it’s true it will be career over for Bennell, so you would expect any “outrage” could be the opposite about the penalty being too harsh. But if Bennell didn’t have his history it wouldn’t be career over.

I know you probably think there’s some jealousy thing that means Richmond cop it worse than other teams.

I think it’s Hardwick consistently acting like a spanner, annoying the journos, who then go hard. Richmond were darlings of the media for quite some time. Only Caro continues with the love affair.

I suspect if it’s true it will be career over for Bennell, so you would expect any “outrage” could be the opposite about the penalty being too harsh. But if Bennell didn’t have his history it wouldn’t be career over.
Nah. He deserves the same amount of attention those Richmond kids got.
Not sure why anyone would feel sorry for him. He’s had more chances than many others over his career for what he’s produced.

If this is true he deserves the max penalty. Jeez Louise , he begs for another chance so he can support his young family and if the report is true , he is out on a bender . Ffs

went on a bender, leaving his family in the bubble. now he's not been allowed back inside the bubble. what a family man.

100k fine and loss of draft picks as a minimum surely, all the outrage, integrity of the game, consistency, people stuck at home, etc

Melbourne has reportedly been hit with a $50,000 fine after recruit Harley Bennell’s COVID-19 protocol breach.
The Herald Sun’ s Jon Ralph is reporting the fine will impact the club’s 2021 soft cap, while Bennell has received a four-week ban, which will be served next year if he is to remain at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne has reportedly been hit with a $50,000 fine after recruit Harley Bennell’s COVID-19 protocol breach.
The Herald Sun’ s Jon Ralph is reporting the fine will impact the club’s 2021 soft cap, while Bennell has received a four-week ban, which will be served next year if he is to remain at the club.

If true that’s curtains for Bennell.

Major breach of trust, and likely costs a footy department staff member a job/opportunity in 2021.

Unforgivably selfish.

And while he has skills, his non appearance when Melbourne were making changes of 5-7 players per game was telling. Clearly serious concerns on his ability to do what’s required defensively when Charlie Spargo, Alex Neal-Bulleen, Mitch Hannan and Toby Bedford are more palatable forward flank options.

Simply not enough upside to survive this.

4 weeks is a joke. A breach is a breach. The only difference between what Bennell has done and the two Richmond players is that no-one king hit him.

You'd be pretty filthy if you'e one of the two suspended Richmond players.

Bennell is just bad news. Multiple off field indiscretions at three different clubs now.

He's a fringe player, hasn't learned his lessons from the Gold Coast days, incapable of obeying rules and laws.

I don't know why you'd keep him.

Wait ... what? 4 weeks?

Seemed a bit harsh that Sidebum only got 4 weeks but then they gave Stack and CCJ 10... but you could accept that they were making the punishments harsher to try to get people to understand the seriousness of the situation ...

But now their going back to 4? What an absolute joke the AFL are.

Surprised Bennell didn’t get a bigger match ban but due to the lack of media attention AFL didn’t need to satisfy the bloodlust this time

It’s starting to get pretty disappointing with the players/partners/coaches

Reading the Herald Sun article he has obviously left the hub which is a breach of protocol. I don't think the intentions were all that bad (getting a car seat/a car with a car seat for his 1yr old daughter). Was drinking the night before at the hotel and no mention of him blowing over the limit when tested.

Probably the type of thing that would have got a single week or warning 2mths ago, but because of what has happened lately they've had to issue a bigger consequence.

He knew the rules, he ****ed up, but hardly a 'bender' as earlier reported by the sounds of it.

Nah. He deserves the same amount of attention those Richmond kids got.
Not sure why anyone would feel sorry for him. He’s had more chances than many others over his career for what he’s produced.
The way he played this year would mean career over let alone this latest act of off field selfish stupidity. Hopefully Melbourne didnt waste too much money on this idiot.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reading the Herald Sun article he has obviously left the hub which is a breach of protocol. I don't think the intentions were all that bad (getting a car seat/a car with a car seat for his 1yr old daughter). Was drinking the night before at the hotel and no mention of him blowing over the limit when tested.

Probably the type of thing that would have got a single week or warning 2mths ago, but because of what has happened lately they've had to issue a bigger consequence.

He knew the rules, he f’ed up, but hardly a 'bender' as earlier reported by the sounds of it.
Is “car seat” code for drugs these days? I can’t keep up anymore.

Is “car seat” code for drugs these days? I can’t keep up anymore.

If he went to Baby Bunting they would have said so to lessen the severity of what he did.

Harley might have to dust off the resume and get used to 7am starts in 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nostradamus Lives Harley Bennell Covid Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back