Nostradamus Lives Harley Bennell Covid Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours going around Harley Bennell had a big blow out last night started with beers in Maroochydore to a bender on the Gold Coast

Story to break tomorrow apparently!

This is so uncharacteristic. Harley is always in his PJs by 8:30pm and ready for his book and hot milk. He has the light off by 9:00pm. I don’t what’s got into him.

Off to pick up a baby seat for his infant at home! 😂

Reminded me of The Sopranos, when Tony and Chris were talking about how Chris’s father was gunned down on his way home when he was a toddler.

Chris: ...and is it true he was carrying a new crib for me when they got him?
Tony: Well actually it was some TV trays that we just scored...
Chris: ...oh...well...they coulda been for me to watch the TV on right?
Tony: ...uh...yeah..

So you are suggesting that he started having a beer on the Sunshine Coast and then travelled 2 and a half hours to the Gold Coast to continue the party? Seems like BS
You've obviously never been on a serious bender before. I've known people to start in Melbourne and end up in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's really weak to give him 4 weeks. This is worse than what the Richmond players did.

The Richmond players jumped in an Uber and travelled 3-4 kilometres.

Bennell has jumped in a car and driven 180 kilometres.

He was told to piss off by Harbrow, but undettered, Harley then drove to a SECOND venue.

No doubt he was half pissed because he had been drinking with the team earlier in the evening.

Getting in an Uber to travel 3-4 kilometres on the spur of a moment is bad enough, but far less deliberate and premeditated than jumping in a car and travelling 180 kilometres to keep the party going.

That's as flagrant a violation of the COVID rules as you can get.

Sam Edmunds reported on Whateley that he had a few drinks, went for a drive, got breathalyzed which he passed and then continued on the bender.
Also that he has refused to leave Queensland and the club is seriously concerned for his welfare.

Not sure of the validity as have not seen anywhere else.

That's really weak to give him 4 weeks. This is worse than what the Richmond players did.

The Richmond players jumped in an Uber and travelled 3-4 kilometres.

Bennell has jumped in a car and driven 180 kilometres.

He was told to piss off by Harbrow, but undettered, Harley then drove to a SECOND venue.

No doubt he was half pissed because he had been drinking with the team earlier in the evening.

Getting in an Uber to travel 3-4 kilometres on the spur of a moment is bad enough, but far less deliberate and premeditated than jumping in a car and travelling 180 kilometres to keep the party going.

That's as flagrant a violation of the COVID rules as you can get.
Not defending Bennell - probably should have been given what the Richmond players got, but maybe they didn't go as hard because it sounds like he was in a messed up mental state and went to households with only a few people there, rather than loving life getting lappies at the rippers in a crowded venue.

AFL really need to come out and clarify the whole situation.
At the moment it sounds like the same kind of issue as the Richmond pair, but why less than half the penalty? Assume there is a good reason. Just think the AFL need to make it very clear or else they deserve whatever criticism comes their way.

Not defending Bennell - probably should have been given what the Richmond players got, but maybe they didn't go as hard because it sounds like he was in a messed up mental state and went to households with only a few people there, rather than loving life getting lappies at the rippers in a crowded venue.

Google harley bennell off field incidents and there are simply too many to count. I don't even know where to start.

Front page of newspaper snorting drugs (I doubt the night he got photographed snorting drugs was the first time in his life dabbling with illicit drugs), kicked off a plane for being drunk, turned up to a WAFL match drunk, involvement with bikies, got into a fight at a nightclub. It goes on and on and on.

This guy has no respect for rules and laws. He just does what he likes.

Google harley bennell off field incidents and there are simply too many to count. I don't even know where to start.

Front page of newspaper snorting drugs (I doubt the night he got photographed snorting drugs was the first time in his life dabbling with illicit drugs), kicked off a plane for being drunk, turned up to a WAFL match drunk, involvement with bikies, got into a fight at a nightclub. It goes on and on and on.

This guy has no respect for rules and laws. He just does what he likes.
And why are you responding to my post with this?

Serious question.

Will he be on Melbourne's list 2021?

I’d say the odds are slim.

Maybe delist, and then redraft in March if he does everything right (on AFL chance about 13).

But if list sizes shrink, and given while he retains his class he has lost pace, isn’t good defensively, plus he’s always a durability question mark with the calves, hard to see him surviving.

Welfare may save him if it’s thought he’d go way off the rails if delisted.

I’d say the odds are slim.

Maybe delist, and then redraft in March if he does everything right (on AFL chance about 13).

But if list sizes shrink, and given while he retains his class he has lost pace, isn’t good defensively, plus he’s always a durability question mark with the calves, hard to see him surviving.

Yeah - pace seemed to be the big issue. It would be interesting to know if he has lost pace, or has no confidence in his calf so mentally cant explode into a sprint. If it's the latter a preseason may get him back. Sounds like he is pretty messed up at the moment, so don't think they will take the risk.

Literally the only reason he's been given 15 chances already. This simply isn't reason enough to keep him, nor fair on the countless players doing the right thing who don't even get 2 chances. He needs to go

It's ridiculous he's on a list now let alone after yet another cockup the entire world saw coming other than MFC

Did Harley get into a street fight ? Is that why the Richmond players penalty was greater ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nostradamus Lives Harley Bennell Covid Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back