Player Watch Harry DeMattia

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m keeping it vague with interesting to avoid any drama. Let imagination run wild, won’t respond any more.

Harry’s peers would have a slightly different take on him. He’s managed by a large firm with links to SEN and they used this to beef up his profile. As per usual, most recruiters are surprised we reject height.

He’s got three years to prove otherwise and avoid making dumb mistakes.
You reckon Collingwood recruit based on SEN interviews
Gobsnacking your niaivety .

You reckon Collingwood recruit based on SEN interviews
Gobsnacking your niaivety .

What do you snack with if not your gob?

Point taken regarding the niaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiavivitivity though.

Maybe it's because of the above mentioned SEN factor (??), but there's a couple of articles on Collingwood players on SEN website at the moment. :)

It will be so interesting to see how both our cricketers/footballers develop over the season.
Tied to management. James Pitcher and Bravo Management represent Darcy Moore and others at Collingwood. Kane Cornes is also tied to the brand.

They have links to SEN.

Maybe it's because of the above mentioned SEN factor (??), but there's a couple of articles on Collingwood players on SEN website at the moment. :)

It will be so interesting to see how both our cricketers/footballers develop over the season.
It’s guess he’s going going back to cricket after smocky delisted him 2 weeks ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s guess he’s going going back to cricket after smocky delisted him 2 weeks ago
Definitely taking notes when Fly is talking:

"Just to continue to trust the process, continue to get to work and get better every day at what I'm doing and homing in on my craft,"

I said it was a factor. Didn’t say it was the only reason.
a mate worked as a scout for collingwood and later Brisbane, he was predominantly a forward scout but did some talent scouting as well, what you are saying is the opposite of what he told me on how it works. Clubs have their own people on the ground monitoring draft prospects the media do not, they generally don’t even have a reporter covering the games.

What they do have is knowledge of who the club scouts and recruiters are, and when they’re doing a story they hit them up to pick their thoughts. It’s not clubs taking notice of the media for recruiting decisions, it’s the media relying on clubs for information to generate the story in the first place.

Tied to management. James Pitcher and Bravo Management represent Darcy Moore and others at Collingwood. Kane Cornes is also tied to the brand.

They have links to SEN.
Geez smocky, you love to bulltish. Now you are imagining the club drafts players based on management "connections"? How do you get to such conclusions?

a mate worked as a scout for collingwood and later Brisbane, he was predominantly a forward scout but did some talent scouting as well, what you are saying is the opposite of what he told me on how it works. Clubs have their own people on the ground monitoring draft prospects the media do not, they generally don’t even have a reporter covering the games.

What they do have is knowledge of who the club scouts and recruiters are, and when they’re doing a story they hit them up to pick their thoughts. It’s not clubs taking notice of the media for recruiting decisions, it’s the media relying on clubs for information to generate the story in the first place.
That's correct.

However, the media plays a role in recruiting.

Geez smocky, you love to bulltish. Now you are imagining the club drafts players based on management "connections"? How do you get to such conclusions?
And I'm sure that management group has clients from other clubs too, wouldn't they? Not just Collingwood 😆 makes no sense whichever way you look at it.

And I'm sure that management group has clients from other clubs too, wouldn't they? Not just Collingwood 😆 makes no sense whichever way you look at it.
That is actually a problem for AFL compared to other, bigger sports, eg. NFL, world soccer, etc. Many of the management groups represent too many players which can cause apparent or actual conflicts of interest.

Talent management agency uses radio platform it has 'links' with to promote its clients - shock horror.

Unless the talent management agency has an interest in Collingwood, it's difficult to see how the agency can influence recruiting decisions in the manner which you're implying.

Talent management agency uses radio platform it has 'links' with to promote its clients - shock horror.

Unless the talent management agency has an interest in Collingwood, it's difficult to see how the agency can influence recruiting decisions in the manner which you're implying.
Dekka has been doing this shit for a while. He's got to be sick of watching U18s - it's a lot easier to just let SEN and Cal Twomey tell you who to draft - more efficient too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back