Player Watch Harry DeMattia

Remove this Banner Ad

Dekka has been doing this shit for a while. He's got to be sick of watching U18s - it's a lot easier to just let SEN and Cal Twomey tell you who to draft - more efficient too.

Stay tuned for our full coverage of the AFL National Draft, brought to you by “Harry Demattia’s high disposal efficiency by foot and excellent leadership credentials”.

Dekka has been doing this shit for a while. He's got to be sick of watching U18s - it's a lot easier to just let SEN and Cal Twomey tell you who to draft - more efficient too.
Ffs, I never said SEN was the sole reason but that played a part in building his draft profile.

Talent management agency uses radio platform it has 'links' with to promote its clients - shock horror.

Unless the talent management agency has an interest in Collingwood, it's difficult to see how the agency can influence recruiting decisions in the manner which you're implying.
First part is what I said originally, sideswipe thought that was ridiculous.

The influence came by building up Harry’s profile and standing to all clubs. Media played a role in him being recruited as high as he went. If the media wrote an article about less positive things, club may have been turned off. All about relations and connections.

Ben Reid got Joe Richards on to a list. Yes, his club connections helped but so did the media. Collingwood wasn’t the only side interested. It was also a factor in him going as high as he did.

Ffs, I never said SEN was the sole reason but that played a part in building his draft profile.

He wasnt some hidden guy who needed SEN to raise his profile to get clubs to look at him. He was captain of Vic Country and is fast of course clubs were going to look at him and make their own ratings.

Last edited:

The influence came by building up Harry’s profile and standing to all clubs. Media played a role in him being recruited as high as he went. If the media wrote an article about less positive things, club may have been turned off. All about relations and connections.

Ben Reid got Joe Richards on to a list. Yes, his club connections helped but so did the media. Collingwood wasn’t the only side interested. It was also a factor in him going as high as he did.
That's not influence on a specific club, which is what you seemed to be implying per the below post.

Tied to management. James Pitcher and Bravo Management represent Darcy Moore and others at Collingwood. Kane Cornes is also tied to the brand.

They have links to SEN.

What less positive things? Ones which no other club knew about, only the media and presumably you?

That's not influence on a specific club, which is what you seemed to be implying per the below post.

What less positive things? Ones which no other club knew about, only the media and presumably you?
Don't bother. Many times Smockie has been counselled not to go with veiled references to the special things he knows. He persists.

Nothing less positive, just saying if they said he was involved in a pub fight with a Swiftie, his ranking may have slipped due to potential impact on a club. He wasn’t involved in a pub fight. Example, needed to be serious.

It definitely happened last year with a player who’s not at Collingwood. Making their debut this weekend.

Last edited:

I'm not sure about that mate. I think his recruitment went a lot deeper than that

Nothing less positive, just saying if they said he was involved in a pub fight with a Swiftie, his ranking may have slipped due to potential impact on a club. He wasn’t involved in a pub fight. Example, needed to be serious.

It definitely happened last year with a player who’s not at Collingwood. Making their debut this weekend.
if he got in a fight with a swiftie, he would’ve gone top 10, exactly the type you want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

season 5 GIF

Smockie in every thread 😂

Initials AS?

If that's true. It might be good to keep it to yourself.

Geez smocky, you love to bulltish. Now you are imagining the club drafts players based on management "connections"? How do you get to such conclusions?
Probably by making stuff up

OMG.

Do you really think the media influences draft decisions?!?

“Hey guys, I think this guys is pick 30”.
“Nah SEN did a great article, so we should take him at 25”.

…..honestly. You need to actually think about what you write.

Ben Reid got Joe Richard’s into a list because he flagged it. Dekka has said he went to watch him 3 times.

Stop with the absolute stupidity.

Media influencing clubs decision on players. Ffs.

It’s actually embarrassing.

a mate worked as a scout for collingwood and later Brisbane, he was predominantly a forward scout but did some talent scouting as well, what you are saying is the opposite of what he told me on how it works. Clubs have their own people on the ground monitoring draft prospects the media do not, they generally don’t even have a reporter covering the games.

What they do have is knowledge of who the club scouts and recruiters are, and when they’re doing a story they hit them up to pick their thoughts. It’s not clubs taking notice of the media for recruiting decisions, it’s the media relying on clubs for information to generate the story in the first place.

Do the player management companies have their own scouts? How do the management companies determine who to sign up and who not to waste their time on?

I’d imagine the management companies would be the main ones feeding the media with details of their prospects.

Last edited:
And I'm sure that management group has clients from other clubs too, wouldn't they? Not just Collingwood 😆 makes no sense whichever way you look at it.

Years ago I had a theory that the player managers would leak that Collingwood had an interest in their player, so as to jack the price up. And the reason they did this was that they could rely on Hine to not deny anything.

That is such a poor statement , id be surprised if scouting staff are even thinking of what the media have written in terms of who goes where

It’d have no impact on the scouting staff ….

… but if the player managers are talking to the media (which they do), then they must think that there would be some benefit.

Do the player management companies have their own scouts? How do the management companies determine who to sign up and who not to waste their time on?

I’d imagine the management companies would be the main ones feeding the media with details of their prospects.
The player management companies definitely scout the games. They were all over Ikon Park on Sunday.

It’d have no impact on the scouting staff ….

… but if the player managers are talking to the media (which they do), then they must think that there would be some benefit.

Any scout/list manager worth his salary wouldnt buy into media push of a players ability however. Dodoro maybe would and Mackie.

Watching my niece go up the ranks of Junior Basketball to Seniors, my naivety of everyone having a level playing ground to achieve the highest level they possibly can, has been proven vastly opposite of my first thoughts. So doesnt surprise me i guess of the tactics some player managers will try. To me results and potential outweigh a medias opinion or push

Remove this Banner Ad

Back