Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Only way compensation picks go is when clubs have power to trade players before FA.

That’s reasonable but still I think end of first round is fine.

Trading players without their permission just isn’t feasible atm as the wage of an AFL footballer just isn’t enough for the players to be subject US sports style trading

Trading players without their permission just isn’t feasible atm as the wage of an AFL footballer just isn’t enough for the players to be subject US sports style trading
I agree but there needs to be some balance so clubs get something from it.

Clubs should get nothing although I agree with some others that teams should be able to trade players under contract.
There is already too much player movement for my liking. The ability for clubs to trade contracted players without their consent would add to that problem. I do think that players have too much power when it comes to trades but I don't agree that adding the ability for clubs to trade contracted players without their consent is the answer.

what about without consent when they are the higher percentage earners at the club like how they decide for compo picks? if you earn 900k, you can be traded without consent.

what about without consent when they are the higher percentage earners at the club like how they decide for compo picks? if you earn 900k, you can be traded without consent.

Maybe it be a clause in all contracts that could be bargained with. Like the player can negotiate a higher salary by giving up the right to block a trade.

There is already too much player movement for my liking. The ability for clubs to trade contracted players without their consent would add to that problem. I do think that players have too much power when it comes to trades but I don't agree that adding the ability for clubs to trade contracted players without their consent is the answer.

An easy fix I think would be to allow players to choose what state they wanted to be traded to and then the team can trade them to whichever team offers the best.

The whole "homesick for Melbourne" but I'll only play for Collingwood is the worst thing.

If he wasnt a free agent he would have zero interest. He would also be earning about 300k per year less then what he will end up getting
Don't pay the Perryman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is him, and maybe Cumming too, announce their intention to explore FA this week, without nominating a club. Particularly as Port are still in finals (though Battle did say he was Hawks-bound quite early)

Unless his new team plans on a new position for him, he just isnt worth it. At HB he is bloody average, if not below

I see Isaac Cumming as the better player myself

Unless his new team plans on a new position for him, he just isnt worth it. At HB he is bloody average, if not below

I see Isaac Cumming as the better player myself
Do you think that Perryman, Cumming and Peatling hurt their respective values after the last fortnight?

Perryman would not get a game at Hawthorn unless there were injuries. He's a bottom six player at best, and his two finals proved that. Perfect fit for Adelaide.
Do you mean Port Adelaide as looks like it's between them & you.

We are hoping to land Cumming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back