Player Watch Harvey Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

Harrison did his best work late in the year for his state, earning a representative jumper and holding his spot in the Croweaters’ Under 19 lineup. He has elite speed and evasion, as well as an impressive vertical jump leading him to dominate the Draft Combine with a slick 20-metre time of 2.845 seconds. At Under 18s level this year, Harrison averaged an impressive 25.2 disposals and 4.5 tackles but only managed the one senior game for the Roosters' Reserves.

STRENGTHS:
  • Athleticism
  • Work rate
  • Clearances
  • Accumulation
  • Consistency

IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Kicking consistency
  • Strength

More here: Harvey Harrison Draft Profile - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central (formerly AFL Draft Central)

draft profile says kicking & strength were issues. Looks like he has fixed them now!

He’s the complete package as a Sidey replacement.

Richards won't get to Steele's young self best.

They are very different players and types. Steele actually uses his body very well and footy nouse plus elite endurance to accumalate and back up contestvto contest.
Richards more agile and pacey with to my eye less capabilities with body work wether a role change would lift his numbers to a 30 disp game is unkown.

He’s the complete package as a Sidey replacement.
Sure - Sidebottom is our 2nd all-time leader in games played, and has 2 flags, 2 Copelands, 1 AA, 1 Gary Ayres award, and an Anzac Day Medal.

I think it's a premature call. Sidebottom was a vice-captain at the age Richards is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richards won't get to Steele's young self best.

They are very different players and types. Steele actually uses his body very well and footy nouse plus elite endurance to accumalate and back up contestvto contest.
Richards more agile and pacey with to my eye less capabilities with body work wether a role change would lift his numbers to a 30 disp game is unkown.
Sorry - I’m talking about HH.

Sure - Sidebottom is our 2nd all-time leader in games played, and has 2 flags, 2 Copelands, 1 AA, 1 Gary Ayres award, and an Anzac Day Medal.

I think it's a premature call. Sidebottom was a vice-captain at the age Richards is now.
How many of these accolades did Sidey have at the same age as HH? One flag and that’s a team achievement.

We can see the reasons why Harvey was very close to a debut in his 1st season before that hamstring injury and also the reason why HH must remain in the team even when we get everybody back.
The club if his form warrants it just has to get games into him as he looks every bit a 200 game player at a high level and really but for injury would be between 50 to a hundred games already.

He was a great pickup from where he was drafted and is looking better and better all the time and he would be in my 23 every week now until his form dropped or someone pushed him out but that is hard to see atm as he is only looking better and better.

How many of these accolades did Sidey have at the same age as HH? One flag and that’s a team achievement.
He'd starred in finals at the same age.

Sidey was/is an awesome talent. He didn't need to build up his body for 3 years to become physically awesome in order to compete in the AFL - he could do so when he was a waif.

He'd starred in finals at the same age.

Sidey was/is an awesome talent. He didn't need to build up his body for 3 years to become physically awesome in order to compete in the AFL - he could do so when he was a waif.
Sidey has never relied on physical strength - his real strengths are between the ears, endurance and his ability to kick equally well on both feet.
What HH has done is work on what his draft profile said were his weaknesses - strength & kicking, which takes time.
He had some hamstring issues as well, but he's now a pretty powerful unit.
He's got a long way to go to be compared with Sidey, but he's really starting to show something .
They are very different players, too.

Sidey has never relied on physical strength - his real strengths are between the ears, endurance and his ability to kick equally well on both feet.
Dunno, man, he and Crisp are very good at planting the feet and shedding tacklers. Takes tremendous core strength at the very least and is a great trait for a rebounding half-back to make the first tackler miss.

Dunno, man, he and Crisp are very good at planting the feet and shedding tacklers. Takes tremendous core strength at the very least and is a great trait for a rebounding half-back to make the first tackler miss.
Crispy shrugging a tackle and kicking down the line with a minute to go in the GF was underrated

What I meant was that he didn't need that strength early on to play well, whereas HH needed to build up physically, which he has done well.

What HH has done is work on what his draft profile said were his weaknesses - strength & kicking, which takes time.
He had some hamstring issues as well, but he's now a pretty powerful unit.
He's got a long way to go to be compared with Sidey, but he's really starting to show something .
They are very different players, too.
Agree totally.

What I meant was Sidey was just one of those blokes who got the game so well and thinks so quickly that he was born to play AFL - just landed and he belonged. Harrison has had to work his way there. He does have some pretty impressive physical attributes, so it's possible that he could become even better than Sidey, but really really unlikely.

Agree totally.

What I meant was Sidey was just one of those blokes who got the game so well and thinks so quickly that he was born to play AFL - just landed and he belonged. Harrison has had to work his way there. He does have some pretty impressive physical attributes, so it's possible that he could become even better than Sidey, but really really unlikely.
I’m excited for HHs future that he’s even in the conversation with Sidey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back