Has Brett Deledio become a Pay cheque player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh?

Lids got half of Gibb's criticism and Gibb's was a better HB then Lids is.
You for real, Deledio's copped crap week after week from the experts and all media outlets and Bigfooty pro's. He was outstanding back there, and I would argue a lot better than Gibbs.

You for real, Deledio's copped crap week after week from the experts and all media outlets and Bigfooty pro's. He was outstanding back there, and I would argue a lot better than Gibbs.

And Gibb's didn't ?

Reckon Gibb's was far better defensively and his play making was a lot better then Lids.

Would be a better seagull than Smith, Hill and Breust who cap off the work of inside mids.

That is utter tripe! A bloke that wins 45% of his possessions in a contest is a seagull well now I've heard it all :thumbsdown:

Would take Deledio at Collingwood I think we're missing his type in our line up.

I agree Deledio lacks something, but I'm also certain that few sides who think their premiership window is open/ing would love to get their hands on him. Would be a valuable running link man.

Just watched Fremantle take the points against the Tigs.

The final goal from Hayden Ballantyne displayed the gap in work rates and want between players who care and those who don't.

Gary Lyon got stuck into Deledio for not caring last week.

Watching Ballantyne lay the tackle, recover and push hard forward to be on the end of an entry kick showed fantastic work rate, Deledio got tackle, took his time getting back to his feet and then trotted back toward his defensive goal.

He didn't work to cut off the incoming pass, and Ballantyne met the ball on the lead and clipped Deledio on the way through took his shot and goaled.

What's happened to this bloke?

Great player but needs a change in environment.

He should consider GWS or freo next year

22 possessions and 2 goals while being tagged by Crowley for quite a bit of the game. He had an Achilles injury earlier in the year which put him out for a month. The club said it would be an ongoing thing that would need to be monitored. Hardly thread worthy.

Maybe we should start a thread potting every player that gets beaten by Crowley?

Deledio had 12 to three qtr time - then popped up in the last picking up cheap stats behind the ball.

Deledio had 12 to three qtr time - then popped up in the last picking up cheap stats behind the ball.

12 and 2 goals.

Can I ask what your particular obsession with Deledio is Pav_4_AA? I see you're the same age as him. Did you go to the same school as him? Did he steal your girlfriend? Did he humiliate you in junior footy and you're now jealous that he got picked at number 1 while you went undrafted?

I've never seen someone with such a fascination of a player that has no direct link to their club.

12 and 2 goals.

Can I ask what your particular obsession with Deledio is Pav_4_AA? I see you're the same age as him. Did you go to the same school as him? Did he steal your girlfriend? Did he humiliate you in junior footy and you're now jealous that he got picked at number 1 while you went undrafted?

I've never seen someone with such a fascination of a player that has no direct link to their club.

Hmm?

Half the Richmond side have been phoning it all year; none more so that Lids. They've lost faith in the coach big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess if we were playing net ball sure.

Anyone comes close to Lids and he goes to water and I've seen Gibb's beat Lid's head to head quite a few times.
I could let it slide once or twice but FFS you go for Carlton you should know his name is Gibbs! Not Gibb's.

If you want to talk about Gibbs possessing something like a cat it would be Gibbs' cat. It would only be Gibb's if his name was Bryce Gibb.

Similarly if you want to use Deledio's nickname Lids then it's just that, not Lid's.

Did you finish primary school? If so they should be disappointed.

Gold Coast is a good side or atleast building towards being a good side. Richmond are forever average at best and deplorable at worst.

Also Ablett is like a complete different entity to Deledio. Deledio could be one of the best in the competition but Ablett will always be the best while he's in full form.

That average side spanked your side the two years before this one, whilst making finals, yeah "average".

Pretty easy to point to an isolated incident when one guy was on an absolute buzz with confidence soaring having kicked a career high 6 goals. When you are hot, you always seem to hunt it and do that little bit "more".

Deledio's game reads 21 disposals and 2 goals. Pretty good game in a side that is bereft of confidence at the moment.

He is still a quality player and I would take him over Mundy too.

The next Colin Sylvia.

Sylvia is not fit to tie Lids bootlaces. Joke post.

He's been down this year but remember he had achillies problems and missed a fair whack of games. Hardwick just said the other week he's not 100%. I don't think he should be playing, he's lost some of his blistering pace and kicking seems to gone from elite to average. That just doesn't randomly happen.

That average side spanked your side the two years before this one, whilst making finals, yeah "average".

Every dog has their day and it was a flash in the pan victory. Tell me what did your finals campaign achieve? Nada.

Average side at best.

Half the Richmond side have been phoning it all year; none more so that Lids. They've lost faith in the coach big time.
Yet dumb campaigners like me pump money into the club year after year while they're phoning it in. Wish I could phone it in at work and get paid what they do.

there whole midfield is just names that the media have pumped up at different times of there career ,martin is brilliant at times but he is still so inconsistent although this year has been a lot better then previous but still he has some serious brain fades , cotchin will get 25 + but there all just stat building possessions little one two's and finish with a l 15 metre kick, ellis very similar to cotchin except doesn't tackle as much and is pretty much a seagull his decision making at times is horrendous and deledio well he has all the ability in the world just does not work hard enough to break a tag or seem to want to , for me Jackson is there best midfielder at least try's his guts out every week but as whole they are a very average bunch

Well he injured his Achilles and spent over a month on the sidelines, so that would surely have had an effect.

Didn't realise it was his achilles - fair call then as a reason he may be struggling. Lose a lot of power with any sort of achilles injury - just way too much rest involved, Deledios weapon has always been his powerful explosiveness and run so that's actually a reasonable excuse.

The reason Hawthorn are one of the best teams in the comp is their "seagulls"

One of the greatest myths in footy is that anyone who is a seagull is a shit player. Any good team needs finishers, smart players who find space and receive it to take the team forward, it's just when you have too many finishers it becomes a problem.

Just watched Fremantle take the points against the Tigs.

The final goal from Hayden Ballantyne displayed the gap in work rates and want between players who care and those who don't.

Gary Lyon got stuck into Deledio for not caring last week.

Watching Ballantyne lay the tackle, recover and push hard forward to be on the end of an entry kick showed fantastic work rate, Deledio got tackle, took his time getting back to his feet and then trotted back toward his defensive goal.

He didn't work to cut off the incoming pass, and Ballantyne met the ball on the lead and clipped Deledio on the way through took his shot and goaled.

What's happened to this bloke?

Looks like his Achilles injury is still hampering him.

Don't know much about fixing it, but I would like to think that it needs surgery or rest, they would make the call now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Brett Deledio become a Pay cheque player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back