Has Eade been there too long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What time will Eade be given his marching orders?

Do you feel better now? Our culture and our club are just fine thank you very much.

I was of the opinion that Eade should leave after 2009 because I could see that he had gained the most out of his players at that point, and the Western Bulldogs needed some fresh blood running the team. Instead, a very potential premiership side went nowwhere in 2010, and the Dogs haven't capitaised on that potential against top sides this year.

Why oh why do ********s from other underperforming clubs like Norf or the Saints feel the need to come on someone else's board and smug it up.

Thanks for your advice and kindly sod off.

Do you feel better now? Our culture and our club are just fine thank you very much.

I was of the opinion that Eade should leave after 2009 because I could see that he had gained the most out of his players at that point, and the Western Bulldogs needed some fresh blood running the team. Instead, a very potential premiership side went nowwhere in 2010, and the Dogs haven't capitaised on that potential against top sides this year.

My disgust over that preliminary final had nothing to do with today's debacle. My hatred for the Saints runs long and deep. For the first time ever I found myself barracking for Collingwood last year, so that says something about.

just showing Eade's press conference on Fox stating clearly the game has passed by a few and it's time for change??? This will be interesting.

To the Saints and North supporters who came under attack, you are spot on. Although Sainter, I disagree with you when you say to keep Eade until end of season...... he needs to be terminated now, blind freddie can see he's a dead man walking as coach. Has lost the players, pure and simple.

Ignore the trolls from our supporters, their misguided loyalty was the catalyst. Either that or they are living in fantasy land.

To the Saints and North supporters who came under attack, you are spot on. Although Sainter, I disagree with you when you say to keep Eade until end of season...... he needs to be terminated now, blind freddie can see he's a dead man walking as coach. Has lost the players, pure and simple.

Ignore the trolls from our supporters, their misguided loyalty was the catalyst. Either that or they are living in fantasy land.

They're the trolls, but good on you anyway.

"Misguided loyalty"? I guess you're right, noob. You're well-considered arse kissing of opposition trolls is the kind of thing we should all be doing as sentient human beings.

Yeah i think Sainter was just giving an hones opinion not trolling. I think he is on the money.

It is the players fault not rockets, they were terrible, but i think time has come for change. It happens at all clubs after a long time the message falls on deaf ears. Bring in a young coach to reinvigorate the list like Scott at Geelong.

The easy option for a struggling club is to put the blame on the coach and head into a supporter friendly/acceptable rebuild phase but I wouldn't be doing that.

Lets find out all the facts on why we aren't performing because the scoreboard won't necessarily tell the full story.

I agree here, i think there is an issue above the shoulders that is holding us back.

Do you not however believe OS that the fish rots at the head and if there players are not mentally bringing there A game then its time for the Coach to be moved on? Not sure if mid season is the way to do it but i think most agree that Eade will be moved on at the end of the year.

They did the same thing to us last week. There seems to have been a greatly accelerated development in the list in relation to skill and strength. Their young players are coming along in leaps and bounds and their older players are hitting top form.

From bottom of the ladder to Top 4-6? I think it is certainly possible at this rate.:(
Drugs still a problem in WC?

...tongue in cheek... kind of...

I understand you are upset about the loss, but you don't need to take it out on St. Kilda and North Melbourne supporters.

Anyway I said you guys should keep Eade for the remainder of the season.

You are right, we are all upset. Best you leave us to our misery.

Thank you, I am glad that most Bulldogs fans have class.

Yeah i think Sainter was just giving an hones opinion not trolling. I think he is on the money.

It was my opinion, thank you for deeing this. I understand how painful footy can get at times and I'm only giving my two cents worth to try and help.

Can't wait to see the press conference!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to see the press conference!

"Its process that we are going down to get to where we want to be"

wbAFLeade2_wideweb__470x344,0.jpg

who is the fat bloke

who is this guy, only recently noticed him???

I think Rocket has to go. He hasn't worked out how to beat the press.

Same thing happened in the Essendon game. They slaughtered us.

I think the regular "rockets" have worn out in terms of effectiveness. The way so many blokes drift in and out of the game tells me it's a mental thing.

We don't work hard enough when we don't have the ball and unfortunately rocket doesn't seem to be able to rectify that.

Although I can understand both sides of the argument i.e., don't sack Eade, it's the players fault/sack Eade, he hasn't done much, I'd have to side with the first argument.

If you get rid of Eade, the players have to prove themselves to the new coach. They're more likely to feel threatened of being delisted or traded and can instill a new game plan. Think of it like any other work situation, if you've had a boss for 6 years, you become comfortable with him, you can probably get away with things here and there, then all of a sudden, upper management sacks him and brings in a new boss who won't tolerate sh!t any more or else you'll be fired too.

Although I can understand both sides of the argument i.e., don't sack Eade, it's the players fault/sack Eade, he hasn't done much, I'd have to side with the first argument.

If you get rid of Eade, the players have to prove themselves to the new coach. They're more likely to feel threatened of being delisted or traded and can instill a new game plan. Think of it like any other work situation, if you've had a boss for 6 years, you become comfortable with him, you can probably get away with things here and there, then all of a sudden, upper management sacks him and brings in a new boss who won't tolerate sh!t any more or else you'll be fired too.

Good point. The players are getting away with plenty at the minute.

Need a young coach with fresh ideas - maybe Gavin Brown. Courageous and hard as nails as a player and never shirked the issue. Could teach our players a few things right now.

Re: is eade been there too long?

We should get rid of him no later than half way of the current season, I would love to see someone who can try all young kids, gets rid of the duds and then concentrates on teaching the kids a game plan that can win big games and finals.

There is no point in keeping Eade for any longer than necessary, in my opinion he should have gone at the end of the 2009 season, since then we have continually gone backwards.

Please Smorgon make the hard decision and send the whole training team packing, i would prefer to have people that can show our youngsters to play hard and accountable footy and not the crap they are playing at the moment. The current coaching staff have shown they are not good enough and we will not go any further than this.

It is disgraceful that after six plus years Eade has our team playing without direction or style. He has been given enough time and continues to fail.

Brownlow for Westy ........ thank you, thank you, thank you. I enjoy some rational thinking. Lets hope Smorgo and the board have the guts.

Let Eade see out the season.
Sack him.
Sign Mick Malthouse.

Malthouse left us when we started to face the threat of extinction, he is used to the gold pass service at collingwood, and won't lower himself for us - forget it.

We can't afford to go through a rebuild phase, because our fickle supporters won't be around for that, other clubs like Essendon and Collingwood have supporters that are there through the good and the bad times - not us.

Face it guys, things are looking really, really bad for us, this could be curtains for the Western Bulldogs/Footscray football club. Never mind, you can go along and barrack for Collingwood A against Collingwood B, that should be fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Eade been there too long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back