Has Eade been there too long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no (slaps own forehead)! Can't you see what is happening? The fat guy has put some spell on Rocket, and is actually coaching the side. All Rocket's histrionics in the box are him trying to tell the football world he is being used as a puppet by this maniac...

Of course, it all makes sense now...

Definitely not trolling. I watched a bit of the game today and it seemed to be one of those games where nothing worked for the dogs and everything went well for the eagles. All clubs have those sorts of games from time to time however the final margin was very disturbing.

No doubt the absence of Cooney, Lake, Hall had a hand in this however I think that your club might just be in one of those very difficult times where a number of good to great players have departed, a few others are nearing the end and their replacements fall well below. The losses of Johnson in particular, Eagleton, Akermanis - yes Aka should not be underestimated. I could very well be wrong but players like Giansiracusa and Gilbee are not performing at anywhere near the level they used to while Grant and Jones are not quite consistent enough yet to be relied on week in week out.

I think Eade is in trouble because after a while the message does become stale and he has been there for quite a while now. I think he should see the season out though as there is no point in sacking him now and causing a great dfeal of upheaval. I think the dogs time was around a couple of years ago and it might be the end of what has been a very good era.

On the other hand today just might have been an aberration and be the kick start to a much better run from here on

Definitely not trolling. I watched a bit of the game today and it seemed to be one of those games where nothing worked for the dogs and everything went well for the eagles. All clubs have those sorts of games from time to time however the final margin was very disturbing.

No doubt the absence of Cooney, Lake, Hall had a hand in this however I think that your club might just be in one of those very difficult times where a number of good to great players have departed, a few others are nearing the end and their replacements fall well below. The losses of Johnson in particular, Eagleton, Akermanis - yes Aka should not be underestimated. I could very well be wrong but players like Giansiracusa and Gilbee are not performing at anywhere near the level they used to while Grant and Jones are not quite consistent enough yet to be relied on week in week out.

I think Eade is in trouble because after a while the message does become stale and he has been there for quite a while now. I think he should see the season out though as there is no point in sacking him now and causing a great dfeal of upheaval. I think the dogs time was around a couple of years ago and it might be the end of what has been a very good era.

On the other hand today just might have been an aberration and be the kick start to a much better run from here on

Hey, we want to be upset and emotional, your post is far to reasoned and sensible for us right now.

Hey, we want to be upset and emotional, your post is far to reasoned and sensible for us right now.

Sorry mate, we were that way last night and early this morning. Some sanity/reason now returning so we are better placed to make some comments.

Travel over to our board and have a look at some of the carnage proposed at North. Worth a look if only to take your mind off your own pain but be careful posting as scapegoats are still being looked for. :)

Re: What time will Eade be given his marching orders?

Why, because we were cheated out of a Grand Final berth by Nick the Diver and some disgraceful umpiring decisons.

Worry about your own culture, I mean club.

An equally pathetic comment. I blame you personally for years of failure, etc etc.

The Dogs may well get their act together again. But if we don't improve massively Eade has to go during the year for one major reason:

GWS.

Remember how the Lions got plundered at the end of last year? It's because they were a rabble. We can't afford to be a rabble at the end of 2011 like we were at the end of 2007. Otherwise we'll lose both Ward AND Wood! (Remember in this kind of environment there will be trades to all kinds of clubs - not just GWS).

Normally I'm the last person to call for mid-season sackings. But this is a very special case for that reason.

The Assistant Coach at Geelong -I think his name is Sanderson???

Yes thanks.

Love Rocket but he has yet to figure out a game plan to beat the press, hence we're getting smashed by teams that have fairly limited lists...with all due respect to Essendon and West Coast.

The players also need a kick up the arse if Rocket goes....their insipid, disinterested performance turned a 40 point loss into a 123 point loss. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The Dogs may well get their act together again. But if we don't improve massively Eade has to go during the year for one major reason:

GWS.

Remember how the Lions got plundered at the end of last year? It's because they were a rabble. We can't afford to be a rabble at the end of 2011 like we were at the end of 2007. Otherwise we'll lose both Ward AND Wood! (Remember in this kind of environment there will be trades to all kinds of clubs - not just GWS).

Normally I'm the last person to call for mid-season sackings. But this is a very special case for that reason.
Most perceptive post of the evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: What time will Eade be given his marching orders?

An equally pathetic comment. I blame you personally for years of failure, etc etc.

Wishing the death of a Victorian club makes my comments pale into insignificance.

And you're probably right, I've been a member of the Dogs for 41 years so I must be doing something wrong. I'm even questioning for the first time ever whether I should even bother going this Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Eade been there too long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back