Has Kane Cornes Become a Media “FLOG”?

Remove this Banner Ad

His biased commentary for Port has been something else this week. His excuse for the final not being sold out, because Port fans are saving their money for travelling to Melbourne the following week is laughable. This coming from the same pundit that is critical of Melbourne clubs only getting 30k crowds against interstate sides for a h&a match. Can't take him seriously!

Last edited:
His criticism of Taylor Walker on footy classified was odd. Like it was such a big deal that a player was trying to win the coleman in a dead rubber game.

He also should be dropped from the AA panel. He is too dogmatic with his criticism on players. Taranto being a good case for this.

Problem there is Cornes know his mark. Like a lot of AFL fans, Walker doesn't have a sense of humour and is always risk to take the bait from someone who is an obvious troll.

If everyone rolled their eyes and ignored the guy, instead of needing to respond, he'd be out of a job within a year.

His biased commentary for Port has been something else this week. His excuse for the final not being sold out this week, because Port fans are saving their money for travelling to Melbourne the following week is laughable. This coming from the same pundit that is critical of Melbourne clubs only getting 30k crowds against interstate sides for a h&a match. Can't take him seriously!
I’m glad others in the media are calling him out on it. Garry Lyon had a go at him saying if it was North, Cornes would be leading the charge to close the club down.

I get that he gets clicks, but surely clicks generated by having no idea and showing extreme bias that pisses people off aren’t worth the same as other clicks.

I’m glad others in the media are calling him out on it. Garry Lyon had a go at him saying if it was North, Cornes would be leading the charge to close the club down.

I get that he gets clicks, but surely clicks generated by having no idea and showing extreme bias that pisses people off aren’t worth the same as other clicks.
There was talk that Port were going to delist him but Ken came in and convinced the club to keep him...hence he wont criticise Hinkley anywhere near what he has done to (or did) to Bolton; Leon Cameron; Luke Beveridge and David Teague et al.....

Remember that this is a guy who has admitted public ally that he walked out of a Port Adelaide best and fairest night because he didnt win it

There was talk that Port were going to delist him but Ken came in and convinced the club to keep him...hence he wont criticise Hinkley anywhere near what he has done to (or did) to Bolton; Leon Cameron; Luke Beveridge and David Teague et al.....

Remember that this is a guy who has admitted public ally that he walked out of a Port Adelaide best and fairest night because he didnt win it

And walked out on his firefighting career.

I like him and the Port bias is there, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near as relevant if more commentators were prepared to stick their neck out and give an opinion.
Agree - but there is a difference between giving an opinion and being blindly swayed by bias for your club.

On numerous occasions this year he has dismissed criticism of JHF for not chasing (amongst other things) by blandly saying 'it what young players do sometimes'. Yet he has never afforded this excuse to any other young players from other clubs he singles out for similar acts.

His continued protection of Hinkley is embarrassing when one compares it to his criticisms of Leon Cameron; David Teague etc.

We know why he protects Hinkley - he got him to 300 games, without which he wouldn't have a media career because it's the first thing that's brought up anytime or anywhere he's introduced.

Secondly, his brother works at the club. When Hinkley is given the arse (if that ever happens), his brother will too

Could Kane try ANY harder for the whole "Maasai" thing to catch on when referring to Mitch Cleary??

It's a rote old Port thing from his playing days (originally Michael Wilson from memory)

Now he's attempting to force it onto someone who's otherwise fairly vanilla & to try and suck up to his new employer.

Not happening. Give it a rest.
I doubt he'd even know what it actually means & I'm positive he doesn't know how to spell it.

Could Kane try ANY harder for the whole "Maasai" thing to catch on when referring to Mitch Cleary??

It's a rote old Port thing from his playing days (originally Michael Wilson from memory)

Now he's attempting to force it onto someone who's otherwise fairly vanilla & to try and suck up to his new employer.

Not happening. Give it a rest.
I doubt he'd even know what it actually means & I'm positive he doesn't know how to spell it.
its actually a nickname Hutchy gave to Cleary when he was working for him. Seeing as they were all working SEN together im guessing thats where Kornes picked it up from.

its actually a nickname Hutchy gave to Cleary when he was working for him. Seeing as they were all working SEN together im guessing thats where Kornes picked it up from.
Could it not have come from Kane then?
I recall vividly in an interview with him years ago that, that was the nickname he had for for someone from the premiership team.

I have grown to love him. If he's on I watch. He's the most entertaining.

There is simply no sitting on fences. While other people are choosing their words carefully to say the right things Kane is just saying his opinion with no frills.

Kane is the King.

I can't deal with the boring say all the right things, be a good bloke and everyone's best mate. Do that vanilla shit off air at the pub.

I have grown to love him. If he's on I watch. He's the most entertaining.

There is simply no sitting on fences. While other people are choosing their words carefully to say the right things Kane is just saying his opinion with no frills.

Kane is the King.

I can't deal with the boring say all the right things, be a good bloke and everyone's best mate. Do that vanilla shit off air at the pub.

Only issue is that he contradicts himself repeatedly because he's constantly having to come up with new hot takes. So long term contracts are bad, but if it's Horne Francis then it's fine apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane's not wearing a bra is he?

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Kane Cornes Become a Media “FLOG”?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back