Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would ask them, but it would require going back through posts made by Port supporters during the 13 game win streak last year to remember who the posters were.
I don't have time to do that.

Hinkley is widely loved and respected by his players who affectionately refer to him as a father figure, and it's been like this since Hinkley arrived at Port 12 years ago.
He was always loved and respected by his players in the lower leagues in Geelong where he was quite successful as a coach, he just can't quite get there at Alberton having being so close on several occasions now.
His success as coach in the GFL is what led to him being hired as senior assistant to Mark Thompson.

Also, those players you listed are good but nowhere near the quality of Hawkins, Selwood, Stewart, Dangerfield, Cameron.

Butters is coming home to Geelong at the end of his current contract at Port.
The rest are a good core to build around, but the problem is the rest of the list is ordinary at best.
Look at Carlton, who have an amazing core of star players yet haven't done anything due to the rest of their list being bog average.

Carr has been responsible for tactics since Hinkley was moved to the bench, so shouldn't the blame be directed towards Carr?

Hinkley has overseen an entire list turnover with Travis Boak being the only player at Port who was there before Hinkley.
Despite this, Port have managed to win a minimum of 10 games every season since Hinkley arrived at the club.
Port were a basketcase when Hinkley arrived.

We got pantsed in finals several times between 2012 and 2021, which led to Chris Scott having a 7-15 record in finals during that time despite his amazing home and away win rate.
The majority of us wanted him gone after the 2021 finals debacle.

Hinkley took Port to within a kick of a grand final in 2014 and 2020, many people said 2014 was a fluke but Hinkley proved them wrong in 2020.
Bulldogs benefited from dubious umpiring in the 2016 finals series, and I have no doubt Port would have won the 2014 premiership had they been umpired by the same rulebook in the 2014 finals series.

Dodoro cops the blame at Essendon for the state of their list, so shouldn't Port's list manager cop the blame for the state of Port's list?

Chris Scott is a far better coach than Ken Hinkley, you'll get absolutely no arguments from me suggesting otherwise.
Yeah, I’m not reading all that. It really took you two weeks to come up with a response?

I don’t care about arguing with Hinkley with you, as you can’t listen to anything. It’s always some stupid response like, “BuT the pLaYeRs lOvE hInKlEy.”

It’s going to be his last year anyway us arguing won’t change anything will it?

Yeah, I’m not reading all that. It really took you two weeks to come up with a response?

I don’t care about arguing with Hinkley with you, as you can’t listen to anything. It’s always some stupid response like, “BuT the pLaYeRs lOvE hInKlEy.”

It’s going to be his last year anyway us arguing won’t change anything will it?
I've been busy recently and haven't had time to post.
Hinkley coached Bell Park to a premiership in 2003 in a league where clubs such as St Joseph's, St Mary's and Leopold are far richer and more resourced, hence attracting the best players.

I know you'll say the premiership doesn't mean anything because it's local footy, but the Geelong region is widely known as the strongest football region in Australia.
If we had the Falcons as our exclusive feeder club instead of Falcons players being available for all clubs to draft, then none of the other clubs would stand a chance against us.

Also, don't be surprised if Hinkley earns himself a new contract next year.
David Koch wants Hinkley to be a 20 year coach at Port and has recently stated he thinks Hinkley is doing a great job as coach.

I've been busy recently and haven't had time to post.
Hinkley coached Bell Park to a premiership in 2003 in a league where clubs such as St Joseph's, St Mary's and Leopold are far richer and more resourced, hence attracting the best players.

I know you'll say the premiership doesn't mean anything because it's local footy, but the Geelong region is widely known as the strongest football region in Australia.
If we had the Falcons as our exclusive feeder club instead of Falcons players being available for all clubs to draft, then none of the other clubs would stand a chance against us.

Also, don't be surprised if Hinkley earns himself a new contract next year.
David Koch wants Hinkley to be a 20 year coach at Port and has recently stated he thinks Hinkley is doing a great job as coach.
Bringing up the Bell Park flag again should earn you a permaban from this thread it's absolutely meaningless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back