Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to know what happened in the time between the Freo and Geelong games.
They had the home qualifying final and were a rabble.
After 1/4 time they were outscored 17 goals to 4.
The price they paid for it was that instead of having a week off and hosting the prelim, they have a tough match against Hawthorn and then have to travel to Sydney to take on a rested Swans on their home deck.
I don't think enough has been made of the loss to the Cats because this is what they cost them.

As someone who’s never given two f**ks about this issue but by now I’m interested:

To the Port fans - how much of this, or at what point, do you put the blame for this, at the feet of the players as well as your coach? Obviously I get that a coach with no grand final appearances from THIS many chances is going to draw criticism. How much heat do you put on you player group for the same outcome?

The argument of “it’s the players” doesn’t work for a coach with a tenure as long as Ken’s. Port have one player who was there prior to Ken. If the list isn’t good enough that’s as much his fault as anyone else’s.

I'd love to know what happened in the time between the Freo and Geelong games.
They had the home qualifying final and were a rabble.
After 1/4 time they were outscored 17 goals to 4.
The price they paid for it was that instead of having a week off and hosting the prelim, they have a tough match against Hawthorn and then have to travel to Sydney to take on a rested Swans on their home deck.
I don't think enough has been made of the loss to the Cats because this is what they cost them.

It’s simple. The way they play footy gets exposed against the very best teams when they’re at their peak.

Kenny was agonisingly close this year

Have a few weeks break
Then reset and go into another pre-season for another ripper season in 2025!

He'll have the 2024 brownlow medalist JHF at his disposal and ready to kick arse and take names!

Close? Uncompetitive week 1, a goal post width from straight sets week 2, and not really in it tonight.

How is that close?

As someone who’s never given two f**ks about this issue but by now I’m interested:

To the Port fans - how much of this, or at what point, do you put the blame for this, at the feet of the players as well as your coach? Obviously I get that a coach with no grand final appearances from THIS many chances is going to draw criticism. How much heat do you put on you player group for the same outcome?
Have you had a look at our forward structure/ entries?

After the home and away season they were better than 16. A pre lim final appearance is falling short.

Well yes eventually 17 teams fall short and only one team holds the premiership cup at the end of the season. But Kenny did amazingly well to get as far as he did with the list he has. Punching massively above his weight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back