Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you seen our finals record under Chris Scott from 2012 to 2021?
7 wins 15 losses.

Also, we've had superstars such as Taylor, Stewart, Hawkins, Selwood, Dangerfield and Cameron play their best footy under Scott.
How many players of this calibre have Port had during the Hinkley era?

Back One Out is another poster on here who can vouch for Hinkley being a good coach.
I've never talked up Hinkley as a supercoach or anything, he's done well to take ordinary lists to high ladder finishes and I'd happily have him back as an assistant but he's nowhere near as good as Chris Scott.
And Back One Out is a hawks fan too.

Point is the common view is Port fans hate Hinkley and want him gone because he has been there for 10 or 12 years and still haven't made a grand final.

But Port fans sink the boots on me for having a "loser" mentality.

I mean Brad Scott coached North Melbourne for 10 seasons between 2010 to 2019.

North Melbourne didn't make a grand final. They did won 4 finals in 10 seasons. Yeah they all came in that 2014 to 2016 finals period, but North Melbourne were a semi decent side

And Back One Out is a hawks fan too.

Point is the common view is Port fans hate Hinkley and want him gone because he has been there for 10 or 12 years and still haven't made a grand final.

But Port fans sink the boots on me for having a "loser" mentality.

I mean Brad Scott coached North Melbourne for 10 seasons between 2010 to 2019.

North Melbourne didn't make a grand final. They did won 4 finals in 10 seasons. Yeah they all came in that 2014 to 2016 finals period, but North Melbourne were a semi decent side
I think its more the hope of home prelims and qualifying final losses that has frustrated the most. I expected them to beat Geelong at home this year in the finals. If they were scraping into the 8 there'd be more understanding

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back