Roast Has the Brownlow Medal coverage jumped the shark?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Channel 7's incessant cross promotion and over an hour of ads makes the award unwatchable.
The interviews were long and cliched. The obsession with the (bad) fashion aspect is irrelevant to the award.
The host Hamish Mcloughlin is insufferable and cringe.
First 18 vote getters are mids.
Not watching next year. I've had enough.

Channel 7's incessant cross promotion and over an hour of ads makes the award unwatchable.
The interviews were long and cliched. The obsession with the (bad) fashion aspect is irrelevant to the award.
The host Hamish Mcloughlin is insufferable and cringe.
First 18 vote getters are mids.
Not watching next year. I've had enough.
I wouldn’t know, I didn’t watch this year so I’ll take your word for it.

Agree it's shit but I'm sure you thought it was wonderful when your team was winning.
No I always hated the coverage even when my team were winning.
The year Dustin won was just as bad with Bruce McAvaney hovering over him and getting in his personal space.

fee307f6c916e742b2690c62c40afe0cd136c759 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Hasn't been good since...

images

I've said it every year, but last night was REALLY bad.

Why try and interview the winner before they've officially won? Why not save the questions? They kept handing the mic to Cripps expecting him to say what exactly?

Agree - what was he supposed to do ? Get up and say 'In your face Daicos" ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said it every year, but last night was REALLY bad.

Why try and interview the winner before they've officially won? Why not save the questions? They kept handing the mic to Cripps expecting him to say what exactly?
The interviews give them another opportunity to go to another ad break. It's cynical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Has the Brownlow Medal coverage jumped the shark?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back