Has the Shaun Hampson trade been a success?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimma will keep his job, so the next step is a TOTAL clean-out below him and around him,TOTAL clean out.

If this is the case then we are in huge trouble . He player ratings and where he thinks their best position is can only be described as pathetic . If he can't drop a player for poor form how can he delist one for being a ******* . We don't need whole sale changes and there is only so much you can do in a year so Nathan Bassatt is a way better option.

A master stroke by the club. Not a great deal of talent in last years draft so they assure themselves a top three draft pick for the following year. If we had recruited a kid with that pick we would probably end up around 9th and pick nine. Good on the club for thinking outside the square:thumbsu:

Depends what Megan Gale brings to the table... if she is offering to have babies with 100+game Richmond players of our choice then ...

Yes..

If this is the case then we are in huge trouble . He player ratings and where he thinks their best position is can only be described as pathetic . If he can't drop a player for poor form how can he delist one for being a ******* . We don't need whole sale changes and there is only so much you can do in a year so Nathan Bassatt is a way better option.

Im sorry Rusty but its not going to happen.

Why is Bassett a good option,in 20 words or less (serious)
People are suggesting certain individuals, thats fine,but back it up ,cmon,prove it to me.( i Dont want to hear 'cause hardwick is shit')

Sell me an individual, cmon.

Im sorry Rusty but its not going to happen.

Why is Bassett a good option,in 20 words or less (serious)
People are suggesting certain individuals, thats fine,but back it up ,cmon,prove it to me.( i Dont want to hear 'cause hardwick is shit')

Sell me an individual, cmon.

Nathan Bassatt coaches attacking football teams and get his teams working hard both way for each other , he has an amazing knack of developing players , in the past he's made senior players like Popoulo , Duigan , Rowe , Terlick and now Georgio to name a free AFL ready. The youngsters he's brought on is nothing short of impressive .

Grigg Aish , Dumont and you know there are more . He gets results when he's in charge and doing it his way. Yes he's a quality assistant right now but if we don't act now he will be coaching Essenson in a year.

Sell me why Hardwicks not going anywhere , another Kim Hughes performance after a game like after the Melbourne game will probably seal it IMO , why are you so certain he's going no where ?

LMAO @ at all the clueless brightsiders that shouted down & abused us realists who saw what a disaster this trade was even before it became official. Remember one half-wit in particular - probably one of the outstanding mods who do a wonderful job despite how time consuming and thankless the job is- bagging me because I said he was a big lumbering hack and trying to convince me he was quick & athletic then posting a bunch of youtube "highlights" that A) went for about 4 minutes & showed no actual highlights and B) were nearly all from Bullants matches! Even Oakley-Nicholls, McGoof, Gus & Adam Pattinson would at least have decent 5 minute highlights packages you could cobble together. There probably isn't a player in the comp. you couldn't make look like a gun with a bit of creative editing. Except one - and we traded a second rounder for him.:oops:

With his first season not even half-over "Shaun Hampson" is well on the way to becoming a name that will live in RFC infamy and embeddeding himself in club folklore along with the likes of Oakley-Nicholls, Tambling over Franklin, The McMahon trade, Fiora over Pavlich, Kent Kingsley, The Pitura trade and Richard Lounder.

It's official - Oakley-Nicholls is no longer our worst ever player. Doubt Hampson could even kick a goal in the Foxtel Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
The scary problem is that we have people at the RFC who think Hampson and Vickery are Senior AFL Footballers who can sustain any amount of form. These fools need to be sent packing from the club now. They have no eye for judging and/or coaching Senior AFL Footballers.

Dont worry lol Hardwick said we will have plenty of changes this week

In - Vickery
out - Hampson

thats all lol

Nathan Bassatt coaches attacking football teams and get his teams working hard both way for each other , he has an amazing knack of developing players , in the past he's made senior players like Popoulo , Duigan , Rowe , Terlick and now Georgio to name a free AFL ready. The youngsters he's brought on is nothing short of impressive .

Grigg Aish , Dumont and you know there are more . He gets results when he's in charge and doing it his way. Yes he's a quality assistant right now but if we don't act now he will be coaching Essenson in a year.

Sell me why Hardwicks not going anywhere , another Kim Hughes performance after a game like after the Melbourne game will probably seal it IMO , why are you so certain he's going no where ?

Rusty good reply,thats what I want to hear ,but personally I cant see Bassatt replacing Hardwick.
It will be a big call from the club to sack a coach,who THEY signed for another 2 yrs,replace him with another assistant(be it may ,a quality one).
There will be egos online ,i tell you.
This assistant ,would have to be as tough as nails, as individuals within the club ,players,coaches and importantly management would be intensly watchin him(her) and the direction we swing
If it does happen(and im sure it wont) ,then I think it will be for a big gun because its a big move,but who Thompson ,Worsfold,Eade???

I am happy to be proven wrong,no problems there,I just want the bloody club who I have 5 memberships, gets its arse into gear and starts playing good footy!!

I am going to go out on a limb here. I know it will be blasted but as was the case with how long it took an AFL team to say, hey this Podsiadally is kicking butt in the VLF, lets give him a go in the big time, what is ****ing wrong with someone like Gerald Fitzgerald FFS???

• Four time VFL Coach of the Year.
  • Four time FFL State Coach: 2002, 2004, 2008 & 2010.
  • Has coached in the VFL for 13 years: 11 years for North Ballarat Football Club, 1 year at Port Melbourne and 1 year for Springvale.
  • Third longest serving coach in the history of VFA / VFL.
  • Coached North Ballarat Rebels in the TAC Cup competition for 2 years: 2005 & 2006.
  • Has coached in 6 VFL Grand Finals for 3 wins & 3 losses.
  • Only the fourth coach in the history of VFA / VFL to coach in three successive premierships: North Ballarat 2008, 2009 & 2010.
  • In November 2010 VicHealth awarded Gerard the inaugural Lindsay Gaze award for coaching excellence on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As many of us beilive, the problem is the culture (if there is any) at our footy club. The club needs to stop living in its past glory, put thier hands up and accept for how they stand in the competition. Accept that RFC has been the worst club in last 30 years. accept that all along they have made mistakes onfiled and offfield! Just forget about the past, be humble and start fresh, we may gain some respect back in the next 10 years..!

Why would he be coaching the dons next year? If hird isn't coaching, bomber will just keep going.

I am going to go out on a limb here. I know it will be blasted but as was the case with how long it took an AFL team to say, hey this Podsiadally is kicking butt in the VLF, lets give him a go in the big time, what is ******* wrong with someone like Gerald Fitzgerald FFS???

• Has coached in the VFL for 13 years: 11 years for North Ballarat Football Club, 1 year at Port Melbourne and 1 year for Springvale.
  • Coached North Ballarat Rebels in the TAC Cup competition for 2 years: 2005 & 2006.
  • Only the fourth coach in the history of VFA / VFL to coach in three successive premierships: North Ballarat 2008, 2009 & 2010.
  • In November 2010 VicHealth awarded Gerard the inaugural Lindsay Gaze award for coaching excellence on and off the field.

Just saw your avatar Coggs, I think you should remove the teeth.

I am going to go out on a limb here. I know it will be blasted but as was the case with how long it took an AFL team to say, hey this Podsiadally is kicking butt in the VLF, lets give him a go in the big time, what is ******* wrong with someone like Gerald Fitzgerald FFS???

only problem with FitzGerald is that he's 56

there you go cb...looks more like the current brains trust now

Wow, it even has the same confused look on his face like Dimma does when we are already 4 goals down 15 minutes into a game.

As many of us beilive, the problem is the culture (if there is any) at our footy club. The club needs to stop living in its past glory, put thier hands up and accept for how they stand in the competition. Accept that RFC has been the worst club in last 30 years. accept that all along they have made mistakes onfiled and offfield! Just forget about the past, be humble and start fresh, we may gain some respect back in the next 10 years..!

What do you think the 3-0-75 plan Gale and Hardwick put in place was if not a frank assessment of where the club was at and where it needed to be? They have failed on the 3 and 75, but importantly have made the club debt free. Cultural change will take time. It’s improving, but nowhere near where it needs to be. Will sacking the coach help with the culture?

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the Shaun Hampson trade been a success?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back