MFHawks

Rookie
Sep 29, 2005
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Victory, Storm
Which Hawks (current or past) made you change your mind about them?

You know, the guys you knew were no good, but in the end you had to say were ok?

Most recently, for me it's Jacobs. Nothing to do with him being an ex-bomber, I just had my doubts and a few ordinary early performances and injuries only strengthened my opinion.

But... I was wrong. Hate to say it but the guy's an asset to the club. If you read this Danny, I dips me lid to ya.

I've never been that impressed by Bateman, but this year he's looked the real deal. I've liked everything he's done on the field this year. Hopefully he can maintain some consistency and stay injury-free for a few years in a row.

Williams was also a revelation at FF - I'm just worried he won't be able to repeat this year's performance. He is someone I would consider trading this year (to WCE) while his currency is so high.

I saw Jacobs play some good games for the Bombers, I always knew that Bateman and Croad were bloody good... but for me it's got to be Tim Clarke. When everyone else looks tired and despirited he seems to keep trying.

Can't kick, can't handball, has no vision, short, no footy nouse, doesn't even seem overly quick....... but geez he works hard and runs the house down. His kicking gotten much better (despite still maxing out at 40m) and his courage is bloody beaut.

I don't think he's in our best 22 but he make every bugger on it earn their spot!

Yes, Col, agree with you on Timmy. He was a keynote speaker at a Brisbane Hawks' function pre-season 2005 and amidst his critics in the media, lots of supporters and posters in this place, he spoke of our club with passion and dedication. So it was pleasing he has gone through to have a good season. I think he is worth his place in the 22. His hardwork and dedication most likely rubs off on his team mates because he is such a likeable guy.

I didn't think Sammy Mitchell would make it after seeing him play his first couple of senior games , looked like a excellent VFL player , but IMO was never going to be a match winner at AFL level. :eek: BOY...was I wrong! :eek:

I haven't learnt my lesson as I was writing off Brad Sewell earlier this year after seeing him getting tackled numerous times, he was moving like a slug in match against the Blues. To his credit he has suprised me over the later part of the season with his defensive efforts and overall improvement as I guess he has adjusted to the tempo of the game. The jury's still out , but it's promising.

To summize , that's why I'm not a recruiter. I would have probably passed on Dunstall also! :eek:

Yeah, Croad is mine. Croad mark 1 was so frustrating to watch, he would have lead the league in stupid free kicks and jumping/bumbling into to people's backs.

He's come back a bit smarter, I also think the time at CHB has probably helped that. Sure, he's still a touch oafish but at least he's more subtle.

It's probably fair to say that Tim Clarke was my favourite Hawk of 2005. Two years ago I wanted him delisted. Sure Hodge and Spider were the superheroes but Clarke's workrate is as good as anyone in the AFL.

Brad Sewell was one after a game this year I thought would never make it, harsh to judge him so early in his career I know, but that is what I thought.

Steven Greene was the opposite, thought he was going to be a star, and has ended up not even getting a game for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back