Hatred of Collingwood - What is the rational reason?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jealously, how successful we are on and off the field, Eddie McGuire (he's very opinionated), and our fan base (which can be questionable).
Agree very jealous of being 8-3 in both 2014 and 2015 and then losing majority of the games in both years.

I was born to hate Collingwood. And I have my reasons as well.

Essendon are starting to come close as well. Generally speaking (which is not regarding to current state), they are rubbish.

Hawthorn are beginning to piss me off. Richmond, meh. The rest I can tolerate.

I dislike Carlton and Essendon far more.

Apart from McGuire I don't really dislike the Pies nowadays. I think the combination of massive Victorian club + perceived arrogance of supporters (sometimes founded, sometimes not) + outspoken president + old rivalries makes it easy to see why they're thought of as hated though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, just because..............
Seriously though, looking at it from over here I reckon the locals hate them because they think it is fashionable just like booing Adam Goodes. They have no idea why they do it, it's just because it might be fashionable. Oh,

I don't hate Collingwood. Maybe it's a Victorian thing.

Don't hate them, kind of meh to me. I think the massive influx of money and corporatisation of football (of which CFC has been at the forefront) has eroded some of their culture. Just IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hatred of Collingwood - What is the rational reason?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back