Have Geelong become too powerful?

Remove this Banner Ad

All of Sydney, Port Power, Brisbane and the Bulldogs are comfortably better than Geelong mate.

Yesterday's result says more about Fremantle than it does about Geelong. The above 4 teams aren't going to have trouble dealing with a rubbish player like Rhys Stanley.
That's premiership ruckman Rhys Stanley to you, Lunchy. On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you to see your Tiggies bring home the wooden spoon? Back where it belongs, hey? :grinv1:

All of Sydney, Port Power, Brisbane and the Bulldogs are comfortably better than Geelong mate.

Yesterday's result says more about Fremantle than it does about Geelong. The above 4 teams aren't going to have trouble dealing with a rubbish player like Rhys Stanley.

Idk about that, all of those teams at the MCG would be pretty shaky. I’d probably tip Geelong to beat them all in a GF. I just don’t think Geelong will be able to get there cause they’ll have to travel.

Idk about that, all of those teams at the MCG would be pretty shaky. I’d probably tip Geelong to beat them all in a GF. I just don’t think Geelong will be able to get there cause they’ll have to travel.
The Bulldogs thrashed Geelong at Kardinia.
That midfield isn't getting far in finals.

Not if we finish top 2 and win first week we don't.
We can stay in Victoria all Finals...but we've gotta get there first.

Geelong are a real powerhouse. They are blessed to have the geographical identity and home ground.
I reckon Geelong and Hawthorn have replaced Carlton and Essendon in the "big 3" Victorian clubs.
It now goes: Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Essendon, Carlton in terms of power rankings.

The Bulldogs thrashed Geelong at Kardinia.
That midfield isn't getting far in finals.

That’s true but dogs in general are a very on/off team. Right now they are on a hot streak but if you said to me they got to finals and lost by 100 to somebody I wouldn’t be surprised.

I think Sydney and Lions have top 2 in the bag tbh.
How do you get to that conclusion? Lions are 2 points behind Geelong and Geelong should win out with games vs St Kilda and West Coast. They do need Port and GWS to drop a game though but it's likely with Port playing at Freo and GWS at Ballarat vs Dogs

I think Sydney and Lions have top 2 in the bag tbh.

If we beat Saints and Eagles it doesn't matter how many Lions win, we are half a game ahead of them with Giants and Port in the same boat.

Lions could win both games and still finish 5th if Cats/Giants and Port all win their last two games, and if Sydney don't win at least 1 of their last 2 anyone of Port/Giants/Cats could finish on top. The % difference between the three teams are minuscule and Sydney's lead on the comp has disappeared.

Lions bottled it big time yesterday and I reckon they need to send a big message against the Pies at the G next week or they could be in trouble.

Over the last 5 years been a side that when the going gets tough have been a bit weak mentally and the finger pointing usually starts to come out (just watch how their forwards death stare each other or throw arms up if they don't hit targets or if their teammates make mistakes)

Will they finally stand up and show they are mentally tough or will it be the same old Brisbane that goes to water when the pressure comes in big Prime Time games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you caught up on the weekend's results?

As of now - all of GWS, Port and Geelong are in the box seat for top 2 ahead of Brisbane. All of them would have to drop a game for Brisbane to go back into top 2. Possible, but not "in the bag".

My bad meant Port

I love how opposition haters/trolls can't even keep their own bullshit straight.

We're apparently an irrelevant pissant club that's falling off a cliff and nobody cares about.....and simultaneously we're a too-powerful juggernaut that is ruining footy because we're so dominant and have such awesome players.

I love how opposition haters/trolls can't even keep their own bullshit straight.

We're apparently an irrelevant pissant club that's falling off a cliff and nobody cares about.....and simultaneously we're a too-powerful juggernaut that is ruining footy because we're so dominant and have such awesome players.
You are simply Hawthorn in 2018.

Remember when they all predicted us to finish 12th or lower going into this year.

Good times

Remember when they all predicted us to finish 12th or lower going into this year.

Good times
One of our board members with too much time on their hands tallied up the predictions from neutrals and the most common placement was 14th.

Anything above that a bonus, well until the "but you messed up your draft pick!" tribe come in. Yeah, we really wanted to send our players off with a few Richmond 2024 type seasons.

One of our board members with too much time on their hands tallied up the predictions from neutrals and the most common placement was 14th.

Anything above that a bonus, well until the "but you messed up your draft pick!" tribe come in. Yeah, we really wanted to send our players off with a few Richmond 2024 type seasons.

How long has J Cameron got left on his contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Geelong become too powerful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back