Have we stopped delisting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the delistings officially been announced yet?

No they haven't officially. What we do know though is that Simmo and Watt have retired Gibbo and JWS have gone insane and Harro,Power and Riggio will not have their contracts renewed. A decision needs to be made on Obst as he can't stay a rookie and Wundke would be on thin ice but I can't see much else happening.

No they haven't officially. What we do know though is that Simmo and Watt have retired Gibbo and JWS have gone insane and Harro,Power and Riggio will not have their contracts renewed. A decision needs to be made on Obst as he can't stay a rookie and Wundke would be on thin ice but I can't see much else happening.

Wundke has also been delisted, it hasnt made news yet.

Wundke has also been delisted, it hasnt made news yet.

So that is 8 changes?

Sounds like we will make 5 selections in the ND.

Elevate 2 rookies (Garlett / White / Obst).

1 Pre Season Draft Choice (McDonald - Brisbane).

Which rookies will we elevate out of the 3? Obst with Gibbo leaving may get a reprieve and Garlett looks like a monty to be elevated. I would actually be disappointed if White wasn't elevated as well?

Maybe we won't have a PSD pick or someone like Lower or Josh Smith might get the chop as well?

Wundke was listed injured for the last few weeks of the year with 'Comfort Eating' listed as the cause of his problems.

He is a fool then to be jeopardising his career. He played quite well in the GF, despite the 'puppy fat'.

I do not understand how a bloke can train with an AFL side for 12 months and be clearly overweight for the finals. Did he have a significant injury during the season, apart from "comfort eating"?

As a great man once sang: "You can take a horse to the water, but you just can't make it drink. Oh no, oh no, oh no!"

So that is 8 changes?

Sounds like we will make 5 selections in the ND.

Elevate 2 rookies (Garlett / White / Obst).

1 Pre Season Draft Choice (McDonald - Brisbane).

Which rookies will we elevate out of the 3? Obst with Gibbo leaving may get a reprieve and Garlett looks like a monty to be elevated. I would actually be disappointed if White wasn't elevated as well?

Maybe we won't have a PSD pick or someone like Lower or Josh Smith might get the chop as well?

I don't want to hear this word this year... no reprieves either you are worth keeping or you are not.... :D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to hear this word this year... no reprieves either you are worth keeping or you are not.... :D:D:D

Depends if the club thinks it can pick up something worthwhile in the draft? Obst can't be re-rookied so if we let him go and a couple of our back six cop injuries we could be stretched depth wise. He has his limitations, but can do a job if needed and you can't knock his desire and effort.

Before Smith and Gibbo walking, you would have thought Obst was in real trouble, but we may have to hang onto him for depth.

Would really love to see Marcus White elevated, but have a funny feeling we will only re-rookie him.

Dont know why ppl want Obst kept on the list,his skills are woeful.
You put him in the team and other sides will just let him free to get it so he can turn it over.
Garlett should be the only one elevated.

Agree on Obst. Not sure what people are on about. He was hopelessly outclassed in those two games late in the year. Got beaten easily in several contests.

Garlett must be elevated and White can have another year on the rookie list as the rules now say that you can nominate one of your rookies to be eligible for senior games. If he keeps improving then elevate him after next year.

That means the list changes will be:

SENIOR LIST OUTS
Watt
Gibson
Smith
Riggio
Harris
Power
Wundke
(Simpson - veteran)

INS
Garlett
4 ND picks and 1 PSD pick, or 5 ND picks

ROOKIE LIST OUTS
Garlett (elevated)
Obst

INS
3 rookies (Simmo off veterans frees up a rookie spot, not senior spot)

Depends if the club thinks it can pick up something worthwhile in the draft? Obst can't be re-rookied so if we let him go and a couple of our back six cop injuries we could be stretched depth wise. He has his limitations, but can do a job if needed and you can't knock his desire and effort.

Before Smith and Gibbo walking, you would have thought Obst was in real trouble, but we may have to hang onto him for depth.

Would really love to see Marcus White elevated, but have a funny feeling we will only re-rookie him.

I think we need to decide if we are rebuilding or playing for a flap in 2010... if we are rebuilding no need to keep blokes with limitations we would be better off having a look at something new... just my cents... be consistent in the approach we are taking... that is all I want...:D:D:D

I think we need to decide if we are rebuilding or playing for a flap in 2010... if we are rebuilding no need to keep blokes with limitations we would be better off having a look at something new... just my cents... be consistent in the approach we are taking... that is all I want...:D:D:D

And we all love playing for a flap or two. :thumbsu:

id elevate garlett for sure and white

i dont rate obst tbh and dont see why people want to keep him on the list

and pick up kids in teh national draft and maybe someone in the preseason draft and a couple more rookies

That means the list changes will be:

SENIOR LIST OUTS
Watt
Gibson
Smith
Riggio
Harris
Power
Wundke
(Simpson - veteran)

INS
Garlett
4 ND picks and 1 PSD pick, or 5 ND picks

ROOKIE LIST OUTS
Garlett (elevated)
Obst

INS
3 rookies (Simmo off veterans frees up a rookie spot, not senior spot)
I dont see the maths working here, even with Simpson on the Veterans list. You have us delisting 7 players and only picking up 5, with only one Rookie coming up. That leaves us one short IMO.
I would expect most Rookies to stay Rookies, and go for some quality youth in the draft, rather than elevating them, even if they do deserve it!

Don't know if it's due to a new rule or not, but I'm told Obba will have one more year as a mature age rookie.

Cruize will be elevated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we stopped delisting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back