Have your say on the Tiger’s clash strip!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have any idea what the back of the first design looks like? I would have thought it would have to be yellow with a black number for the AFL to approve it as a clash stip otherwise it is virtually the same as now.

I rekon design one, is the best it is more like our home original strip just with a touch mor yellow

Harvey Leadpipe said:
The black sash one (Design 2) would surely take this out.

Thats the common sense approach Harvey and the design I voted for, but unfortunately Design 1 will win because it looks like our original strip.

Whats the point of having a clash jumper if it looks like our original strip? Might aswell go the Essendon way and just make the stripe larger, waste of time.

Punt_Road_Roar said:
Thats the common sense approach Harvey and the design I voted for, but unfortunately Design 1 will win because it looks like our original strip.

Whats the point of having a clash jumper if it looks like our original strip? Might aswell go the Essendon way and just make the stripe larger, waste of time.

That was my thinking. I am wondering whether these 2 have been approved by the afl as yet because Design 1 doesn't look like it will really solve any perceived clash issues if it's the same on the back as the front.

By the way, design 2 looks strangely familiar....

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234031&highlight=alternate

Punt_Road_Roar said:

Exactly. No use hanging on to the old "tradition" tag, it's just a jumper. Those units sound like frawleywits when they carry on about, "losing their identity", and "it's a symbol of our pride" and all that crap.

No, Fitzroy lost their identity when they lost their club. This is just a change in the jumper which has which will invariably make it easier to spot your own players when watching the footy.

This explains design 1 I think:

RICHMOND supporters will have the chance to vote for a new clash strip from today.

The two alternative jumper designs, formulated to avoid a clash when Richmond plays Essendon, will be posted on the club's website (richmondfc.com.au) today. Chief executive Steven Wright said the alternative strips had been designed at the request of the AFL, for away games against the Bombers.

"Throughout the design process, the key criteria for us has been to preserve our heritage," Wright said. "This meant finding design solutions that retained our colours and our sash.

"Also, given the fact we only clash with the Bombers, we needed to introduce more yellow into the jumper.

"In what is a critical decision for the club, we hope both members and supporters will go to our website and register their vote."

Details of the vote will go before the Richmond board for consideration on Tuesday.

Tiger fans to vote on strip
13 July 2006 Herald-Sun
Michael Stevens

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/foo...E19771,00.html

Whilst the vote is open to everyone, hopefully they will put more weight on the choice of those that are members of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Design 2 - no use haveing a alternative strip that looks like the normal strip - alla the Bumbers. We need to move on and add some colour into our lives!!!

:) DESIGN 2 already in operation in country football. Worn by North Gambier in the Western Border league. Not a particulalrly attractive look when wearing white shorts, which is what we will be wearing when that jumper is being worn. Need to consider the whole package....yellow jumper - white shorts. Not for me boys and girls. The North Gambier jumper design draws all sorts of derogatory comments and cheap shots...something we could do without. Myself, would have preferred yellow and black stripes, either vertical (preferred or horizontal), or perhaps incorporating some white into the jersey.

That being said, I find no real trouble distinguishing between the Tigers and Bombers jerseys when we play.:)

Goldust said:
:) DESIGN 2 already in operation in country football. Worn by North Gambier in the Western Border league. Not a particulalrly attractive look when wearing white shorts, which is what we will be wearing when that jumper is being worn. Need to consider the whole package....yellow jumper - white shorts. Not for me boys and girls. The North Gambier jumper design draws all sorts of derogatory comments and cheap shots...something we could do without. Myself, would have preferred yellow and black stripes, either vertical (preferred or horizontal), or perhaps incorporating some white into the jersey.

That being said, I find no real trouble distinguishing between the Tigers and Bombers jerseys when we play.:)

YELLOW SHORTS!!!! :)

Goldust said:

Exactly...it hasnt been an issue for over half a century...I think its only one for the revenue hounds now to be honest.

True Thylacine said:
Design 2 for mine although the missus considers me seriously fashion and style challenged. What would she know...this is football!

amen to that!

i agree number 2 but that is a lot of yellow:eek:

my mrs agrees too so we must be onto something TT - she said design 1 is 'too busy'

Remove this Banner Ad

Have your say on the Tiger’s clash strip!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back