Autopsy Hawfforn too good. Umps agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m struggling to see how LDU performed poorly today
He didn't perform poorly, he played his natural game, but because there is often not enough support around him, he tries to take it on himself to do it all, and often get's caught out because the opposition are starting to put some time into him and lean on him. He'll get used to it, as most good players do, but he need's others to give him a chop out. The kickable goals and fumbles under no pressure are not helping.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks that the umpiring was the reason we got flogged today seriously needs to have a good hard look at themselves. We got out worked, plain and simple and when we did get the ball, we butchered it.

Umpires had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Not just outworked, completely outplayed in terms of ball movement as well.

I’m struggling to see how LDU performed poorly today if you went by the game day thread. Most clearances of the team and had 2 goals, got involved and did some good centre work.

LDU and McKay, probably throw in LMac and Young as our best.
He was poor early, looked like he didn’t want to get out of a walk in the 1st quarter

Anyone who thinks that the umpiring was the reason we got flogged today seriously needs to have a good hard look at themselves. We got out worked, plain and simple and when we did get the ball, we butchered it.
Anyone that thinks Hawthorn got to a 46 point lead at quarter time without umpiring assistance seriously didn’t watch that game.

We probably still lose, but that game is a lot closer if they do their job.

How many bad ones were Hawthorn on the end of today? Bloody not many, yet we were on the end of many really poor decisions constantly.

All you can ask as a footy fan is that they do their job fairly and impartially, based on the one way traffic, it’s hard to say that occurred today.

I’ve said it a few times, the Impey free and goal set the tone for the day. How an umpire 40 metres away can overrule the controlling umpire who is 5 metres away has got me stuffed? To make matters worse it showed their was no head high contact, so how can you even make that overrule from that far away?

To make matters worse the controlling umpire should have interjected and actually overruled the overrule.

To me that decision only happens if umpire bias is exists because a) there is no head high contact and b) the umpire is in no position to even make that call from that far away. If you are making those calls you would hope you have clear vision or the controlling umpire was obscured from the play? That clearly didn’t happen as the controlling umpire actually called play on.

You could go on all day about the dubious decisions that went against us all day, it wasn’t just a one off.

Do we win, most likely not, but would would have made a game of it given a fair go, bloody oath we would have.

Bailey Scott gets it too much. He burns our attacking thrusts with his s**t ball use.
Can someone with the time watch his highlights and see how many handballs he put to ground or sold someone into trouble?

He lost me a bit today, ball use killed us (as U pointed out).

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone with the time watch his highlights and see how many handballs he put to ground or sold someone into trouble?

He lost me a bit today, ball use killed us (as U pointed out).

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The silver lining is if he can clean up his decision making and ball use he is perfect for this side.

He at least tried to generate run and link up play, but at the moment he is undoing his work with sloppy disposal.

Can you name the other player that used to **** up his sides momentum with shit disposal and is now and absolute weapon for his club?

Ed Langdon.

Didn't get to watch live, so I didn't check scores all day and settled in for one of the biggest shit sandwiches I've had to eat in a long time...

Absolutely insipid and I turned it off half way through the 3rd and checked the scores. Just couldn't put myself through the last half an hour or so.

Buckets - very impressive.

Positives over.

I'd give anything for a competitive team, instead I get the 1st quarter rammed down my throat constantly...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has no power in his handballs, they either go to ground or loop and float.

He needs to clean it up, it’s not a hard skill.

Yep, straight to the teammates feet, or stay up for an eternity so the receiver gets smashed on receiving it.

It really isn't good enough for AFL level.

I for one think his future is uncertain, he was horrible today and I don't care what the stats say.

Yep, straight to the teammates feet, or stay up for an eternity so the receiver gets smashed on receiving it.

It really isn't good enough for AFL level.

I for one think his future is uncertain, he was horrible today and I don't care what the stats say.
I don’t feel the same.

As I posted earlier Ed Langdon was a basket case as an AFL footballer and is now elite.

Scott just needs to play more within his limitations.

I don’t feel the same.

As I posted earlier Ed Langdon was a basket case as an AFL footballer and is now elite.

Scott just needs to play more within his limitations.

If he can turn it around great! What I'm saying he will have to clean it up or he will be gone.

Thing is, I think he does try and stay within his limitations - when was the last time he pulled off an awesome line breaking kick or handball?

I honestly don't think he can execute the basics atm let alone become elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpkin was tagged out of the game. It happens to the best. I remember got obliterated a few times. He always bounced back. Who could ever forget what Jacobs did to Cotchin. Hopefully, he bounces back. Just give us a good first 15 minutes for a change.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have 3 players in our side who can handball, the rest are puss.
So bad! Embarrassing. How the **** that happens is mind blowing. ****, just throw the thing in disguise.. umpires rarely see it.. so so bad. Its been bad for a long time, thats why we get blood flow when we see cunners and POWELLY play

No doubt. A flogging is a flogging. That happens and it's a straight-up fact. I'm talking about the lopsided decisions causing a loss of enjoyment - spectators and players alike can't continue to enjoy the game if it is not well managed.

Hawthorn were the better team today - they deserved to win.
Anyone that thinks Hawthorn got to a 46 point lead at quarter time without umpiring assistance seriously didn’t watch that game.

We probably still lose, but that game is a lot closer if they do their job.

How many bad ones were Hawthorn on the end of today? Bloody not many, yet we were on the end of many really poor decisions constantly.

All you can ask as a footy fan is that they do their job fairly and impartially, based on the one way traffic, it’s hard to say that occurred today.

I’ve said it a few times, the Impey free and goal set the tone for the day. How an umpire 40 metres away can overrule the controlling umpire who is 5 metres away has got me stuffed? To make matters worse it showed their was no head high contact, so how can you even make that overrule from that far away?

To make matters worse the controlling umpire should have interjected and actually overruled the overrule.

To me that decision only happens if umpire bias is exists because a) there is no head high contact and b) the umpire is in no position to even make that call from that far away. If you are making those calls you would hope you have clear vision or the controlling umpire was obscured from the play? That clearly didn’t happen as the controlling umpire actually called play on.

You could go on all day about the dubious decisions that went against us all day, it wasn’t just a one off.

Do we win, most likely not, but would would have made a game of it given a fair go, bloody oath we would have.
That's the point. If we loose but the umpiring is even-handed then we at least know for sure that we were done. A few bad calls, momentum changes and then the doubts creep in.

It is probable that hawks would have won today, but it is not certain. With the balance of decisions tipped well towards them though, the result was never in doubt.

And yet, post Q1 the scoreboard tells us that the game was played pretty much evenly.

Footy.

Bloody hell.

Nope.. not the reason we lost. However, with the lack of skill execution and the contribution of umpiring decisions which a couple of goals were given with bizarre interpretations of rules which absolutely hindered our ability to get back into the contest.. we lost by 46, if we hit targets a little sharper and we could literally get a HTB decision coinciding.. who knows ey? Its not the ultimate reason we lost, the umpiring decision were ****ing shocking in a handful of situations. Didnt impact the end result from an L to a W. Not at all

Wardlaw definately with his speed and power.
Waste of a pick if jhf stays on.. **** me, we are deficient in many areas, the midfield isn’t one of those spots regardless of what today suggested. No cunners no Phillips. The draft should be used to fill needs.. on a needs basis, its not the midfield right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawfforn too good. Umps agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back