Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seemed like we lacked the understanding of space on the big ground , hawks looked far better in spreading and utilising the space than we did ..not sure why we use the direct single file positions from fwds on such a massive ground

You’ve just described Jordan Sweet!!!
We couldn't keep him once a genuine spot opened up on another list. Bevo was never going to play him ahead of Timmy.
Jordan is more of a battler but he probably cost half of Timmy's salary for about 80% of the output.

The first thing you do against Hawthorn is to have someone shut down Sicily and yet there was no one directly assigned to him coming into the game after two weeks of planning.
But at least this season’s a pass mark, just making the finals was apparently good enough who cares how good the list is.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also. The amount of almost-punch ons in my section between Dogs and Hawks fans is something I’ve never seen before. Security and police coming down almost every other quarter to break up people. And I’m talking very nice seats on level 2.

The arrogance of hawks fans is ****ing staggering. Never learned the word “humble” on their lives.
Even their players. Richards went hard at Dear at one point. Unlike Ed. Their time will come, their players arrogance will get them so far, but when it starts to go a little bad the fans will turn on them very quickly.

McNeil and VDM are in the team ahead of West. Either one could have (and should have) come out for him.
Gags - I like the kid, but he's just not ready.
West was pretty average though last week at VFL level so it would be hard to justify his selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commiserations. Good contest. Looked like you might jump us early. You’ll be back next year playing more of your exciting brand of footy.

West was pretty average though last week at VFL level so it would be hard to justify his selection.
I feel that’s foreseeable though? Gags has had a fair few times throughout the year where he just didn’t seem ready. Yet we have one of our best finals performers in the history of the club sitting on the bench as sub.

Is Jamarra the only player on the list not capable of playing a secondary role??

From the very get go it didn’t look like it was going to be his night, but Bevo simply didn’t have an option for him.

Throw him into the ruck or behind the ball? Or have him play a direct tag role on Sicily.

It’s as if he’s simply not capable of playing a team orientated role if the stars aren’t aligning.

They were ****ing terrible.

Not the reason we lost, but they were a disgrace.

And I’m not usually an umpire basher - far from it.

They were pathetic all night.
Agreed but they weren't our biggest problems at all tonight. not even in the top 5 of priorities

Did umpiring really impact us on marking the ball and kicking it through the goal posts?

Agree on Gags, although we’re so slow as a team my guess is he plays most weeks as we need the pace.

West’s ceiling is so much higher than some being picked tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves in the not too distant future.

Either way next week will be entertaining..

Either Port lose and the knives come out on Hinkley big time because of their choke, or the arrogant smug Hawks will come crashing down along with many of their flog supporters .

Bevo playing a team like there was heavy rain but it never rained lol

If we play three talls and split the ruck 50/50 with English/Darcy and had West in the team instead of Vandermeer it would have been a 50/50 game instead of a smashing.
I’m far from a Vandermeer fan, but he along with the usual whipping boys were the least of our problems tonight.

This goes on the 15-16 higher rated guys who simply didn’t show up.

Also. The amount of almost-punch ons in my section between Dogs and Hawks fans is something I’ve never seen before. Security and police coming down almost every other quarter to break up people. And I’m talking very nice seats on level 2.

The arrogance of hawks fans is ****ing staggering. Never learned the word “humble” on their lives.
Arrogant Hawk fans is a bit rich, it takes two to tango.
The acceptance or ridicule of violence shouldn't be dictated by which team you support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back