Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

What frustrates me the most is this is a massive wasted opportunity.

Port next week are ripe for the picking and we don't prepare correctly tonight and yet again piss the season up against the wall in what I would consider a very winnable year
If West was in fact right to play ( there's still speculation over his jaw not being right ). I'd walk into the club next week and demand a trade . To select harmes over him is an absolute insult 😡

And the senior players were a joke. Bont gets AA captain and was lost at sea tonight..

I just hope port best the hawks.next week as I'm already sick of this love fest. And I have to put up with several of them all.weekend now which will make.me vomit.
He played reserves

I thought McNeill was good. Took an excellent two on one mark in the third and shut down some of their exits.
Way better than Harmes/Weightman/Marra as forwards and rolled back hard to help our defenders.
I know somebody who isn't featuring in Mofras bottom 50... ;);)

I'm not sure we can rely on Jones being a good or even average defender into the future. He had a poor game and didn't have as good a season as his reputation.

Hawks fans can come and laugh react as much as they want.

But “Free Kick Harthorne” is most certainly back. Even the Hawks fans next to me were commenting on “their soft free kicks they are getting”.

13 to 22 doesn’t lie.

Please don’t go Sydney and blame the umpires - hawks were way too good

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Winning 8 of our last 10 games made this season exciting. Hopefully we'll win the first 8 games of 10 next season as well as the last 8 of 10 and all will be well with the world. At least we're not wooden spooners, Richmond.

I am especially thrilled that I was able to go to one game, against Freo, and we won. Never take for granted being able to go to games.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did the umpiring seem as 1 sided and dubious on TV as it looked at the ground? So many shocking calls...
Dogs were outplayed, but umps stole our momentum time and time again.
No.

Richards turning over the ball on the wing and then JO'D inability to kill the ball that led to Dear kicking a goal of the ground is what killed what spluttering momentum we had when it all fell apart.

Both literally could not have played worse.

Annoyed with the way JUH played tonight, taking silly high jumps and giving away frees, playing behind the man.

Astro tried all night and didn’t drop his head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richards turning over the ball on the wing and then JO'D inability to kill the ball that led to Dear kicking a goal of the ground is what killed what spluttering momentum we had when it all fell apart.

This. So many turnovers and basic errors

Jamarra and Weightman are going to have very long off seasons.

Love both of them, but **** me.

Both literally could not have played worse.

Weightman gets absolutely smoked by Hardwick every time we play them. 34 touches and 3 goals in his six matches against Hawthorn (all of those matches he played full games too, no early injuries)

Its bizarre that we have no game plan for it and we're happy for him to have no impact on games against them. Speaks poorly for himself and the coaches.

Id say that's coaching ? You'd disagree I assume ?
No, it was coaching, and West helped balance the role's of the small forward and without him the forwards got confused. Bevo asked small forwards to play different roles and it was poor by him. McNeil has been wing and half forward and tried to start the game tagging Sicily and he had no idea how to do it. He wasn't poor with his efforts but he didn't know the role he was playing.

Weightman started hunting the ball meaning we had no smalls next to our talls, allowing Scrimshaw to mop up with ease.

Gallagher kept getting into our players' way on the wing and never should have been picked, and we got sucked into one good game vs when he was dropped for a reason.

Ultimately we need to upgrade these positions which is why we're after Rachele/Rayner

I’m no coach. But surely before the game, someone in the coaching panel says “Hey, why don’t we hard tag Sicily? It works against Stewart so let’s do it against Sicily” But no, runs around doing as he pleases, lacing out kicks from 60 to teammates.
If they thought it wouldn’t happen they all need sacking. Pathetic
I’ve also had enough of VDM, McNeil and Gallagher. They cannot play at AFL level, speed without skill is like a car without a steering wheel.
I want answers and heads on spikes.

for all the whack Naughton has gotten this year from the media and our own fans he was the only one that tried to stand up tonight thought he was great in a team that didnt do him any favors

ngl i miss when he was our main forward like in 21-22

Lobb & Naughton our 2 best tonight and it isnt close

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back