Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not an ounce of being humble about your mob. Watching grown men making little kids cry with nasty comments leaving the game has made me hate your lot now, was more than happy to support the Hawks through this final series but tonight has left such a bad taste in my mouth with how you lot carry on.

Not an ounce of being humble about your mob. Watching grown men making little kids cry with nasty comments leaving the game has made me hate your lot now, was more than happy to support the Hawks through this final series but tonight has left such a bad taste in my mouth with how you lot carry on.
Fair call, that's absolutely not on.

Would love it if there was a stat for players slipping over tonight. Seemed like we dominated that area
I’m confused by this, in terms of stops these days you have to wear moulded is that correct? Do they make moulded stops that are bigger? (Honest question, I haven’t played for 15 years).

In Q2/Q3 tonight…

Disposals
WB: 138
HW: 228

Contested Possessions
WB: 50

HW: 78

Uncontested Possessions
WB: 83
HW: 145

Disposal Efficiency
WB: 67%
HW: 78%

Clearances / Centre Clearances
WB: 16 / 3
HW: 20 / 7

Inside 50s
WB: 11
HW: 35

Shots
WB: 6
HW: 18

Score
WB: 2.4 (16)
HW: 9.10 (64)

Seriously damning.

We were barely hanging on.

English was off the ground. I have no idea why.

Darcy was behind the ball for the last 90 seconds of qtr trying to hold back the poo and pee tide.

The ball was back in the middle.

It happened a few times that Naughton rucked though. It’s the same when we ruck English in the forward 50 and have Darcy at the top of the square it makes no sense.

And when we do ruck Darcy in the 50 English sets up 20m away.

This is like under 12s stuff

buddy, you just won a final and you’re sitting on another clubs forum. Go out and enjoy yourself my buddy.
I have a two year old asleep in his bed mate, my days of going out on the piss are probably behind me for a little bit. I came in here to see if you guys were getting pissed off about the things you have every right to be pissed off about. Bevo is squandering a very good list, and I genuinely thought we would get pumped tonight. Enjoyed watching you guys this year, hope you bounce back.

Hawks attack with speed. They take the game on. Requires speed, hard work and good disposal. They simply ran harder for longer. It’s precisely why can’t have Daniel as a best 22 next year. I’m sorry but I’ve never been a fan of Mcniel. He may have a good game occasionally but just not consistently enough to warrant consistent selection. I’d play Garcia every time. Very poor game from Bont and JUH. If JUH had scored that set shot from 15 metres out then the game was back in play. After that we just got smashed. That was a deflating outcome. Don’t care who wins this year.
You rightly point out our lack of run and speed and then criticise a guy like McNeil who does exactly that. He wasn't our problem tonight at all and put in many repeat efforts which is more than we can say for alot of his team mates.

I felt both Darcy & Naughton were better than Tim in the ruck, do we just run with Darcy/Naughty ruck combo & make Tim the most expensive VFL ruckman in history?

It happened a few times that Naughton rucked though. It’s the same when we ruck English in the forward 50 and have Darcy at the top of the square it makes no sense.

And when we do ruck Darcy in the 50 English sets up 20m away.

This is like under 12s stuff
It sounds like English was playing injured and that is the reason for the weird ruck shit going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That result isn’t one player’s fault, but that game from English perfectly encapsulates why he’ll never be fit to be the #1 ruck in a contender. Another career best game for his opponent, when It mattered most.

Hard to identify too many winners. Lobb was fantastic. Naughton had a proper crack for a team that got hardly any ball inside 50. Glad Freijah, Gallagher and others got that experience.

Team looked so slow across the park. Could have really used Garcia, Smith and JJ.

Two things that couldn't happen going into that game if we were serious in our preparation and serious about winning.

1) Sicily roaming around doing whatever he wants & 2) Newcombe strolling through the midfield doing whatever he wants.

Bev and the brains trust have 2 weeks to come up with some form of a plan and.....

Sicily does whatever he wants & Newcombe does whatever he wants.

Truly pathetic display. Leaves another bitter taste in the mouth and more questions than answers.

Also. The amount of almost-punch ons in my section between Dogs and Hawks fans is something I’ve never seen before. Security and police coming down almost every other quarter to break up people. And I’m talking very nice seats on level 2.

The arrogance of hawks fans is ****ing staggering. Never learned the word “humble” on their lives.
I come in peace, spot on, Hawks fans are the pits, drip with arrogance, always have, and to see that little turd Ginnivan poncing round, grinds my gears, he shat in my clubs face last season, and in our Coaches, little smart arse, went to a pub last night, so he never learns. I was really going for the Doggies, my late Dad in law, a 6 yr WW2 Veteran, loved his Dogs, I went with him to many a game as a neutral, at the western oval, when he lived in Spotswood, then back to the Willy RSL post match, great days of suburban footy. I dont get it, you guys smashed the GWS, then put in that shocker. you have a fantastic forward line, great mids, does not add up. My take is too many of those small Hawks were allowed to run free, unmanned, no close checking,no manning up, the piss and poop did as they liked. Hope Port somehow stops em next week.

There is no way 3 tall forwards is the structure that is going win a flag. I would trade Jamarra if we could get two first rounders. A quick midfielder and crumbing forward. Not likely to happen. I hope Bont was injured because that was a shocker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back