Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way 3 tall forwards is the structure that is going win a flag. I would trade Jamarra if we could get two first rounders. A quick midfielder and crumbing forward. Not likely to happen. I hope Bont was injured because that was a shocker.
Worst game I've ever seen Bont play. English was absolutely rubbish and didn't give us first use out the middle

There is no way 3 tall forwards is the structure that is going win a flag. I would trade Jamarra if we could get two first rounders. A quick midfielder and crumbing forward. Not likely to happen. I hope Bont was injured because that was a shocker.
Jamarra for Butters and exchange of picks who says no?

I come in peace, spot on, Hawks fans are the pits, drip with arrogance, always have, and to see that little turd Ginnivan poncing round, grinds my gears, he shat in my clubs face last season, and in our Coaches, little smart arse, went to a pub last night, so he never learns. I was really going for the Doggies, my late Dad in law, a 6 yr WW2 Veteran, loved his Dogs, I went with him to many a game as a neutral, at the western oval, when he lived in Spotswood, then back to the Willy RSL post match, great days of suburban footy. I dont get it, you guys smashed the GWS, then put in that shocker. you have a fantastic forward line, great mids, does not add up. My take is too many of those small Hawks were allowed to run free, unmanned, no close checking,no manning up, the piss and poop did as they liked. Hope Port somehow stops em next week.
Hawks fans are just bandwagoners, they’re Victorian’s version of a Sydney Swans supporter.

Fair weathered flogs.

I come in peace, spot on, Hawks fans are the pits, drip with arrogance, always have, and to see that little turd Ginnivan poncing round, grinds my gears, he shat in my clubs face last season, and in our Coaches, little smart arse, went to a pub last night, so he never learns. I was really going for the Doggies, my late Dad in law, a 6 yr WW2 Veteran, loved his Dogs, I went with him to many a game as a neutral, at the western oval, when he lived in Spotswood, then back to the Willy RSL post match, great days of suburban footy. I dont get it, you guys smashed the GWS, then put in that shocker. you have a fantastic forward line, great mids, does not add up. My take is too many of those small Hawks were allowed to run free, unmanned, no close checking,no manning up, the piss and poop did as they liked. Hope Port somehow stops em next week.

It is impossible to like Ginnivan.

I get the whole annoying small forward thing, but **** me Ginnivan is just utterly obnoxious.

Hawks fans are just bandwagoners, they’re Victorian’s version of a Sydney Swans supporter.

Fair weathered flogs.
Their crowds dry up like no other club’s as soon as they start losing. Every club has their rusted on faithful supporters but I know more bandwagoners from Hawthorn than any other club.

Lobb can hold his head high. Played a really good game. Don't think anyone else can really say the same, despite some being alright.

JUH playing one of the worst games you'll see wasn't ideal. Things went to shit after his awful miss. Horrible body language as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have lost many regular season games that made me feel a lot more upset/angry as I feel now.

It’s a weird feeling, but just numb really. Got a lot going on in my personal life, but I thought I’d feel more.

Now that footy is over, it’s just the eternal pain of supporting Everton now.
I'm the same but I think knowing there was no more games to suffer through and no more times for hope to be restored made it easier unfortunately. I got a baby due next week so at least I won't be screaming around her

Back home now.

It just was not our night and the Hawks wanted it more.

I thought we did alright in the first quarter but after that not good. The 2nd quarter was one of our bad ones we have had this year and the 3rd quarter as well.

We just could not move the ball at all with any potency and their intercept game was superior from the AFL app we had 36 of 49 defensive 50 chains being intercepted by them for a return of 7.5.47. Just a crazy stat!

Annoyed we did not do anything to negate Sicily influence on the game.

Our mids had a poor night by their standards Bont in particular was off tonight.

Lobb and McNeil were good. Naughton and Darcy battled hard. Freijah will be better for the experience. Fantastic first season.

All in all dissapointing.

Last edited:
Their crowds dry up like no other club’s as soon as they start losing. Every club has their rusted on faithful supporters but I know more bandwagoners from Hawthorn than any other club.
Same, half my family is Hawthorn and they’ve barely watched footy for 4-5 years until they got on a run this year.

Of course, they didn’t miss a game over their dynasty.

You could see the car stickers on and scarves over back seats about 4-5 weeks ago around Camberwell, Hawthorn etc.

Same vehicles were bare when they were 0-5.

They’re shockers.

Also. The amount of almost-punch ons in my section between Dogs and Hawks fans is something I’ve never seen before. Security and police coming down almost every other quarter to break up people. And I’m talking very nice seats on level 2.

The arrogance of hawks fans is ****ing staggering. Never learned the word “humble” on their lives.
A bit similar where we were as well. I also haven’t seen that at the football for a very long time. It was always started by some smug Hawthorn supporter mouthing off and then a Dogs supporter would take the bait and it would end up in a nasty confrontation, then of course the Dogs supporter gets marched out and they leave the Hawks supporter there

Our two youngest players Darcy and Freijah were easily our best.

Really don’t know why Newcombe and Sicily always do what they like against us. This was pretty much a carbon copy of the game earlier in the season.
I stupidly thought that we'd some how learn from that game and the game late last year and have some sort of tactic for them. But I was wrong.

We're a team that builds its entire game on the back off winning contests. So if we get smashed in the contest then we are never any chance.

As do Port.

Hinkley and Bevo both seem to be well-loved by their players and at their clubs more broadly, and the latter obviously has credits in the bank with the flag and GF appearance. But they’re one-dimensional coaches tactically - here’s our game plan and we think it’ll beat yours and if it doesn’t we’re stuffed.

In the meantime Scott and Mitchell chuckle and draw up a game plan designed to beat their specific opponents. Scott was so confident he even said what they’d do before they did it.

In an even competition coaching makes an enormous difference. Don’t get beaten by what you know has beaten you previously. Try and take away the opponents strengths. It’s not ****ing rocket science.

Hawks attack with speed. They take the game on. Requires speed, hard work and good disposal. They simply ran harder for longer. It’s precisely why can’t have Daniel as a best 22 next year. I’m sorry but I’ve never been a fan of Mcniel. He may have a good game occasionally but just not consistently enough to warrant consistent selection. I’d play Garcia every time. Very poor game from Bont and JUH. If JUH had scored that set shot from 15 metres out then the game was back in play. After that we just got smashed. That was a deflating outcome. Don’t care who wins this year.
The fact that Caleb was one of our highest disposal winners shows how bad the others were. He has lost lot of his skill, pace and smarts this year unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back