Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom line, we are a soft football side. We are weak.

That weakness extends to the coaches box where it seems all cuddles and love when what we really need is foots up arses.

Tonight was unforgivable. That was the most insipid performance of the season and how that can be rolled out in a cut throat final is beyond my grasp.

A ruthless club would just about trade Ugle Hagan after that performance, English was soft again, Naughton rarely sighted and the amount of times we were easily pushed out of the contest made my blood boil.

They spread and had (were given) acres of space. They flipped the ball around and were much harder.

Will we do anything about it? Course not. We'll drift through the trade and draft period, minimal change and expect better results next year.

We're a middling side right now and unless there's proper change, we're not going anywhere. It's crap.

Sick of the touchy feely BS, when are we going to stop accepting mediocrity?
we probably wont even review the performance like the 2021 grannie,
spoke to a 2021 player during the week who confirmed the 2021 grand final has never been spoken about

I have one good mate who barracks for them and he isn't arrogant at all. The rest of them are arrogant flogs. Hope they get the reality check asap
Absolutely bottom of the barrel supporters. We had ones constantly yelling to F**k of back to Footscray, go back to the West, go to your shit hole of a dog pound.

From most supporters theirs seemed to have the lowest idea around umpiring and the rules.

Horrific game from the team, but made worse paying to sit near that.

What gives me some hope is the dogs played near their worst and Hawthorn couldn't play much better.

Hope they get the reality check they have been deserving soon

we probably wont even review the performance like the 2021 grannie,
spoke to a 2021 player during the week who confirmed the 2021 grand final has never been spoken about

Beyond pathetic.

The club has a loser mentality and until that changes we're not going anywhere.

Done with it.

When you look at it now that its done, two things stand out.

1. the last few weeks of the year we gradually injected experience at the expense of pace and an eye to the future,
we went safe and paid the price,

2. This group carry scars more than most and lack resilience. The hawks have owned us physically for two years and rather than fight to overturn it, they rolled over again...and they'll get a pat on the head from Bevo for doing it.

Cody’s Instagram story with the words “ya win some ya lose some”

Really ****ing poor from someone I have a lot of time for.

Seriously? Sums up where the club is at. Wow. Losers. Why am I putting my hard earned into the club again? No idea, but if that's the standard I might put it into something else next year.

Why waste my time if they take such a blase attitude to being eliminated from
and embarrassed in a final (again)? What's the point? They don't care, they don't hurt, so why should I?

Excuse me but... oh yes you've nailed this one
In regards to the hawks fans and media getting carried away.

the reality based on historical evidence is that the elimination final winners lose next round most of the time regardless of the form of the teams. im not expecting anything different next week. thats not a slight on the hawks its just what happens mostly

Beaten before the bounce. Outfoxed, out coached, outworked and out hustled. All in all a pathetic performance and they should hang their heads in shame. Something needs to change. Need list changes and a management change. I spent thousands this year and I'm done with them. Same shit year on year. Same types of losses and same small club minnow mentality.

I come in peace, not to gloat - just to say that your list is in a good place but you need a new coach. Bevo undermines the confidence of 50% of your team by them knowing that their spot or their role is at risk just on the whims of him and his "tricks". Bont sitting at CHF while we got completely on top in the third is just one of many I've seen.

A new head coach to build confidence across the board and get blokes like JUH, Dale playing their hardest and applying themselves all game. One that knows they need to step back sometimes. Get that and it's top 4 with a bullet, top 2 probably.

Good luck next season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you look at it now that its done, two things stand out.

1. the last few weeks of the year we gradually injected experience at the expense of pace and an eye to the future,
we went safe and paid the price,

Hindsight is a beautiful thing. But looking back now, yep - way too many older, slow players that were always going to get run over. Arty was stiff to be dropped and I would have recalled West based on his season.

Things started badly when lots of our members couldn't get tickets because of the barcode issue. I know the hawks have a lot of support but i was surprised by how outnumbered we were. Did the pro hawks crowd influence the umpiring decisions? The players definitely dropped their heads with some of the stuff that went against us.
We just couldn't get our game going.

We basically played 3 hf’s tonight who aren’t even forwards, purely because they can’t get into the midfield (Macrae, Harmes, Daniel all played there in patches). Its gotta change. Mix that in with McNeil and VDM and you wonder why the ball goes out so easy.

Seriously? Sums up where the club is at. Wow. Losers. Why am I putting my hard earned into the club again? No idea, but if that's the standard I might put it into something else next year.

Why waste my time if they take such a blase attitude to being eliminated from
and embarrassed in a final (again)? What's the point? They don't care, they don't hurt, so why should I?

and the fact that the same bloke who posted that was missing 99.99% of last night's game is ironic. You've lost me, Cody. Can't wait to watch you kick 4 easy goals against North and Richmond at Marvel next year. History now shows that's when you turn up for games not big games

There’s a few players that put in disgraceful performances but that performance from JUH might be the worst worrying.

Completely went to water in almost every instance. I honestly don’t even know if he did a single positive thing all night and his lack of effort was noticeable. It was a hard watch.

Shit supporter, why bother coming on here

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why are they a shit supporter? Because they put an emotional hedge on, and thought Bevo and his coaches might not plan to take away the opposition’s strengths (which turned out to be correct)?

I put $50 on the hawks for the flag before yesterday’s game, so I’m a shit supporter too?

It’s a footy club, not a cult.

All well and good to want speed i have said it all year. If a player only has speed and no footy nous they aren't up to it. VDM McNeil and Gallagher all liabilities. No 1 can tell me we wouldn't of been more of a chance with those 3 out and macrae sanders and west in and arcia as sub. Being quick only gets you so far

I’m no coach. But surely before the game, someone in the coaching panel says “Hey, why don’t we hard tag Sicily?

Could see this in the second and fourth. They kick out to the left, Dogs run with the ball, Sicily stays on the square, Sicily left free, switch back to Sicily and when that’s happening there are at least 2 hawthorn players sprinting hard to the right wing for the mark and set play.

Seeing this from ground level bemused me how Bevo couldn’t see this set play from the coaches box

All well and good to want speed i have said it all year. If a player only has speed and no footy nous they aren't up to it. VDM McNeil and Gallagher all liabilities. No 1 can tell me we wouldn't of been more of a chance with those 3 out and macrae sanders and west in and arcia as sub. Being quick only gets you so far

As other posters have said, those three weren’t the reason we lost. But overall the point is a sound one imo, they’re not good enough at actually playing football (although Gallagher is younger and should be given some time to develop).

VDM and McNeil can’t kick the footy properly. It’s painful to watch and even worse being at the ground and seeing something open up when they then kick a scrubber along the ground or miss the target way short or long.

There have been fast guys in the comp before, but if they don’t have any skills there’s no point them being on the list. At some point they’ll need to hit a target under pressure or kick a set shot and those two have an insanely low percentage in that area.

Neither should be playing imo. They’re not going to be good enough to play in a flag side so shouldn’t be playing in a side that has aspirations of playing in a GF sooner rather than later.

JUH was very poor last night no doubt.

I maintain though he is only a C Grader at the moment who needs a couple more hard pre seasons if he wants to realise his potential.

Some of our better players including him have both physical and mental development to come, it is why we are not a top 4 list yet

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back