List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunner to the rookie list makes sense.

Can’t see Breust of Chad going on at this stage.

I’d reckon DGB is elsewhere and Sullivan delisted along with Stephens.
O’Sullivan definitely a chance and has definitely been unlucky with injuries but when you hear them talk in injury reports is there a chance they just gave him a chance to get his body right knowing while we have Breust and Wingard he probably wouldn’t get a game so prepare for when they retire…?

Just a concept for conversation sake, is it time to cut the cord and let this young group sink or swim on their own.

Gunna, Bruest, Wingard gone.

We should be ready for this If we are good enough. Only the coaches will know if the list is ready.

Just a concept for conversation sake, is it time to cut the cord and let this young group sink or swim on their own.

We should be ready for this If we are good enough. Only the coaches will know if the list is ready.
I assume Gunners depends if we can get another key foward, otherwise they keep him to help cover Lewis being out half the season?

Why would we want to gamble with a sink or swim mentality when we don't need to. We will keep experience because it's important for that experience to teach our youngens. We will do it till it is pretty apparent that we don't need them.

Not sure I agree with this. Had a couple of cracker games at BH where he mainly rucked. I see him as a utility who can cover the ground all day. I would not be inclined to sit him at FF waiting to get into the game.
Love him when he floats back to, his coming on, a little more improvement and he takes the choice away from selectors

Why would we want to gamble with a sink or swim mentality when we don't need to. We will keep experience because it's important for that experience to teach our youngens. We will do it till it is pretty apparent that we don't need them.
Should we still need them at this point given where they are at?

We aren't going to sink or swim based on whether or not Gunston, Breust and Wingard remain at the club as players next season. We are past that.
Mate you obviously underestimate their influence at training and on game day. It won't be forever but we r still pretty young. As I said our players won't need this guidance forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you obviously underestimate their influence at training and on game day. It won't be forever but we r still pretty young. As I said our players won't need this guidance forever.

Would be surprised if both Gunners and Punky aren't in coaching roles with us the second they retire from playing.

That influence will still be felt.

I appreciate that they have some skills and leadership to offer, but we aren't going to sink if all three are moved on.
Yeah maybe but i like to think of them as our secret NOS boost in our drag race to the premiership. You take any advantage or boost u can get.

Funnily enough, last Sunday was the first time I saw enough in Tucker to say that he deserves at least another year on the list.
Yep he is starting to develop nicely. Was excellent last week. I’d trade Reeves and keep Tucker on the list he’ll go past him next year.

I’ve got Ramma as a question mark. Either him or Scaife survive I think not both.

I’ve got HH as a question mark. I don’t think he’s the player he appears to be.

Have heard Gunners to the rookie list in a playing coach role which I support.

DGB may go elsewhere but try as I might I still can't let go of the idea that he can be a guy who makes a difference. There's too much there, all just let down by the fact that he can undo 2 or 3 amazingly well saved goals with 2 or 3 terrible decisions. If the choice is between he and Phillips, I'd go DGB just because of the burst qualities he has that Phillips doesn't.
I agree with that, there is still so much potential in DGB, to cut him loose. I see a lot of similarities between him and both Scrimshaw and Sicily. In that he has a lot of potential, but just needs the time to mature, where his terrible decision making will slowly be eradicated.

Recency bias thinking Wingard needs to be cut. Watch Woods game last year to see his impact.

Missed 3 years of footy thru injury - 30ish still has 3 years to give to this club.

Why would we give up on him?

Because of the amount of footy he's missed through injury, combined with his age.

Plus, who does he replace in the side out of Watson, MacDonald, Ginnivan and Moore?

I'd hope that Sammy Butler is given one last season to prove himself instead. His VFL form was miles ahead of Chad's by comparison before the unfortunate leg break.

In terms of Gunston, Breust and Wingard it's still too early to call for mine. For example if Breust comes out and kicks 4 on Sat, people will instantly be changing their opinions here.

But if we can continue our surge towards the 8 – and all the above are fit and firing and playing a meaningful role, then I feel like we should be holding on to this kind of quality for our 2025 campaign.

Conversely if there's any slide in form or niggling injuries then that would greatly jeopardise their chances of playing on next year.

Whatever happens keep it to the minimum changes only where we get an improvement on the player leaving. Assuming we take 3 draft picks and bring in battle that’s 49 so need 5 gone.
Stephens and OSullivan seem like the obvious delist as much as I had hoped for both.
2 of Gunston Breust Wingard.
With blanck back and battle that’s enough to let Philips go.
For those saying tucker that’s miles off clearly not watching him play he’s developing really nicely. Also you don’t take an 18 year old project ruck and delist at 20 unless no good.
Most at risk 2025 are DGB Butler Seamus Bennetts need to break through or gone.

Ramsden and Blanck have to be elevated (unless there is a last minute rule change) so if we want 3 draft picks and we bring in 3 players via trade/fa we have to move on 8 players from our primary list. That would leave us with a full rookie list so we would then need to move on 2 players from our rookie list if we want to keep Scaife and Phillips.

So that would be 8 primary list players and 2 rookies to be moved on and no room to move players from the senior list to the rookie list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back