List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Bennetts deserves more time as a rookie but may elect to look elsewhere for an opportunity

Ramsden will be thankful the change to 5 years as he might need that long to condition for AFL. Needs more strength if he is going to have a career

Tucker is perfectly positioned for a full 5 years on the rookie list

I wish they would increase the rookie list. List sizes are too small with all these concussion 🤕 and time required on the side line. No issue with the time line, just need options on your list to over injuries.

JOS is likely on the cusp of being delisted, injuries have not been kind but I think he has talent. I hope we pick him back up as a rookie if it happens, he could come good if he stays fit in my opinion.
I’ve got a telling about this kid, I think he has some real talent. I’d like to see him retained on the list in some capacity

Breust has signed. That's all l know.
Love this. Has shown he deserves to go on next year on the merit of his performances and not just romanticism around milestones.

The groin issue has obviously hampered him a lot this year, but it is something he could have suffered at any age of his career and it would've had largely the same impact on his performance. When it hits a 30+ year old athlete and they look sore and slow it is natural to think it must be because they've reached the end.

I think given the off season to give it a complete rest and the high performance team to come up with a plan to manage it ongoing there's every chance we could see something close to the better Breust of this season and last.

So good to hear was worried that we could get trumped by someone offering a long term contract 😄

Such a warrior and loyal to our club 😊 still offering a lot more than his on field performance guiding the likes of Ginni, Wiz etc. Remember a preseason back when there were problems with the grass at Waverley and we trained Latrobe way. Walking back to the car park he said his age was catching up and was feeling it. Will go down as a great

Last edited:
Things I would consider...

1. Upgrade Bennetts to main list

2. Think about moving on Tucker, Stephens, O'Sullivan, Butler, Maginness, DGB

3. Morrison might want consistent footy elsewhere?

4. Wingard might retire?

5. Breust and Gunston go again if they want?

4. Wingard might retire?

Bennetts as NGA sits outside the list and can now do so for 4 or 5 years. List spots are way to tight to promote him now.

4. Wingard might retire?

Out of that list Maginness I would keep. Excellent depth. Plays his role when required

It’s hard to imagine, last year Wingard was an automatic in, when fit, now I would say 5th/6th inline before coming back in the side. Might have value as a Tom Mitchell/ O’Meara kind of trade, but unless there is significant injuries to multiple players, can’t see him playing again for us. So if he wants to play on at the highest level, would be in his best interests to ask for a trade.

Breust and Gunston are interesting, they bring so much to the side, especially Gunston with his role in developing players.
If they are retained, would rather they spend more time in Boxhill rather than being first selected next year. As it would mean the new generation are going past them. They both deserve 1 more premiership though, would love to see both do a Crawford and retire after winning another Premiership.

Out of that list Maginness I would keep. Excellent depth. Plays his role when required

It’s hard to imagine, last year Wingard was an automatic in, when fit, now I would say 5th/6th inline before coming back in the side. Might have value as a Tom Mitchell/ O’Meara kind of trade, but unless there is significant injuries to multiple players, can’t see him playing again for us. So if he wants to play on at the highest level, would be in his best interests to ask for a trade.

Breust and Gunston are interesting, they bring so much to the side, especially Gunston with his role in developing players.
If they are retained, would rather they spend more time in Boxhill rather than being first selected next year. As it would mean the new generation are going past them. They both deserve 1 more premiership though, would love to see both do a Crawford and retire after winning another Premiership.
Out of pure curiosity, a fully fit and firing Wingard would be lovely to witness.

Imagine him coming on as sub yesterday? He could kick 5 in a quarter.

I want him to play on

4. Wingard might retire?

Why would we move on Tucker? He’s shown some great signs at Box Hill lately, and for a teenage ruckman being played forward it seems he’s coming along very well.

Started last year playing for Eastern Ranges so I doubt the club picked him up expecting him to be best 22 anytime before 2026.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we move on Tucker? He’s shown some great signs at Box Hill lately, and for a teenage ruckman being played forward it seems he’s coming along very well.

Started last year playing for Eastern Ranges so I doubt the club picked him up expecting him to be best 22 anytime before 2026.
1. I'm concerned with how bad his endurance is, seeing as his main position is ruck, it's worse than DGB's fitness
2. He averages 10 hit outs a game, maybe less
3. 9 goals in 13 games in the VFL
4. He's around 20 y o and a late MSD pick up
5. I'm unsure if he makes it at the highest level, but the club would know better than I.

I would be staggered if Tucker was delisted this year. Reckon he Has far more of a future at this point as a legit ruckman than the other bloke who can run, but can’t really ruck and is a meh forward.

Deserves at least another 12 months

1. I'm concerned with how bad his endurance is, seeing as his main position is ruck, it's worse than DGB's fitness
2. He averages 10 hit outs a game, maybe less
3. 9 goals in 13 games in the VFL
4. He's around 20 y o and a late MSD pick up
5. I'm unsure if he makes it at the highest level, but the club would know better than I.
He is now being groomed as a forward not a ruckman. Reckon he is more likely to stay than go.

Having said that, I would delist Stephens, Phillips, O'Sullivan, Butler, Wingard & DGB. I would also encourage Bruest to retire (especially if he plays his 300th in the finals). I am 50/50 on Gunston and Tucker, but seven should be enough.

Last edited:
He is now being groomed as a forward not a ruckman. Reckon he is more likely to stay than go.

Having said that, I would delist Stephens, Phillips, O'Sullivan, Butler, Wingard & DGB. I would also encourage Bruest to retire (especially if he plays his 300th in the finals). I am 50/50 on Gunston and Tucker, but seven should be enough.
No way you delist O'Sullivan, when fit he's shown plenty.

I would delist Stephens, Phillips, O'Sullivan, Butler, Wingard & DGB. I would also encourage Bruest to retire (especially if he plays his 300th in the finals). I am 50/50 on Gunston and Tucker, but seven should be enough.
Butler is a keep.
Wingard and DGB have trade currency.
Sully I would re-rookie

We will need to delist six or seven (depending how many we bring in). Who do you have in front of him?
Not an easy task but how I see it as it stands atm. In addition to the following I'd also have Sully ahead of Tucker and MacDonald.

Wont be at the club next year: Wingard, Stephens, DBG, Philips

Trade bait/ players seeking more opportunity: Morrison, Butler, Serong.

Delisted re-rookied: Gunston/Breust.

Bennetts has to either be upgraded to the senior list or delisted.

If we bring in 2 players from trades/free agents then we have to move on 6 players just to have the compulsory 3 draft picks and that won’t even leave room for any new rookies.

If we bring in 2 players from trades/free agents then we have to move on 6 players just to have the compulsory 3 draft picks and that won’t even leave room for any new rookies.
I'm trying to work out how 2+3=6 in this scenario. What am I missing?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back