List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I have us at 46 which is two over but this is post adding JUH as Cat B rookie and assumes Cat B counts to the 44 max total.
We are two over the 42 max already, (not including Josh Bennetts, or JUH, as Cat Bs)

The 42 can be 36-6 to 38-4 (Seniors, CatA rookies)

Took Phillips for Blanck SSP, and then Scaife for the Lewis LTI

I’m surprised to see how well Serong has done at VFL level this year. Pleasantly surprised.

Is there a world where Battle, Barrass and Serong come in to the side next year? Scrimshaw and Weddle can play further up the field. Siciliy can go forward. Dear, Frost, Gunston drop out.

The squad seems to be getting taller and taller but not necessarily at the expense of skill and speed.

I’m surprised to see how well Serong has done at VFL level this year. Pleasantly surprised.

Is there a world where Battle, Barrass and Serong come in to the side next year? Scrimshaw and Weddle can play further up the field. Siciliy can go forward. Dear, Frost, Gunston drop out.

The squad seems to be getting taller and taller but not necessarily at the expense of skill and speed.
Dear will never play at Box Hill again

I can’t see Dear dropping out of the team.

Weddle will move up the field at some point but I can’t see Sic or Scrim spending much time out of defence. Especially given how Scrim has found his place as a key defender.

With Battle and Barrass coming in I can’t see Serong getting much game time especially given he couldn’t really crack the team this year.

I can’t see Dear dropping out of the team.

Weddle will move up the field at some point but I can’t see Sic or Scrim spending much time out of defence. Especially given how Scrim has found his place as a key defender.

With Battle and Barrass coming in I can’t see Serong getting much game time especially given he couldn’t really crack the team this year.
Barrass take the biggest/best dude, Scrim the number 2. Battle likes to play 3rd tall. Sicily is freed up and Weddle can roam.

We are two over the 42 max already, (not including Josh Bennetts, or JUH, as Cat Bs)

The 42 can be 36-6 to 38-4 (Seniors, CatA rookies)

Took Phillips for Blanck SSP, and then Scaife for the Lewis LTI
So, we need to delist at least five (Phillips and Scaife’s spots, plus three for the draft) before we bring any one in. So, seven once we add Barrass and Battle. Strapping Young Lad if this is correct could you pin a post stating this, so we are all on the same page. Cheers.

shame he didn't get another look in since the Port game as i thought he played well.
He did, but when you’re adding Barass and Battle to the front of the queue for backline spots he gets left off the list.

So, we need to delist at least five (Phillips and Scaife’s spots, plus three for the draft) before we bring any one in. So, seven once we add Barrass and Battle. Strapping Young Lad if this is correct could you pin a post stating this, so we are all on the same page. Cheers.
I'm sure you're right but let's not jump the gun. We know we've got Battle but there's still a bit to play out with Barrass in regards to asking price etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Gunston/Breust run around again. Hopefully the younger guys shoulder the load and those 2 can be the cherry on top, kind of like Crawford in 2008

Can gunston and breust be put on the rookie list ..delist Morrison, Wingard retired , Denver barrass delist that will give 5 spots on the main list

Can gunston and breust be put on the rookie list ..delist Morrison, Wingard retired , Denver barrass delist that will give 5 spots on the main list
Bit of conversation about the two old fellas just up there.
Jaw Drop Look Up GIF

This week gets him to 299 games.
If he gets to 300 this year he will hang them up.
Not so sure he will want to end on 299.
I'd be surprised if this was the most impactful factor for both him and the club. I don't think Mitch is this sentimental.

My guess is that he and Gunston will be the last two re-signings, depending on what else we achieve during trade/FA period

No I'd imagine given Blancky is scheduled to start running in December means it wouldn't be appropriate to put him on the LTI for next year and hence no extra list spot through the trade and draft period .

One scenario I could see is Easy Phillips getting delisted, and being offered to stay with Box Hill to bide his time on how pre-season goes for Blancky as to whether Easy returns to the list in the new year as an SSP selection again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back