List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW, this is from the Age today. Can’t wait too see the line up round one, the revelling of Sam’s flag plan.

“Mitchell, Brett Ratten and defensive coach Kade Simpson told Frost in his exit meeting last week that he was still part of their 2025 plans despite Battle and Barrass coming in. Defenders Blake Hardwick and James Sicily can play at both ends of the ground, while rising star Josh Weddle is set to spend more time on a wing.”
Sesame Street Fainting GIF

Dimma Barrass Frost
Impey Battle Scrim

Weds Amon Mass rotating running their guts out on wings. We will run the opposition off their feet. Siss more time forward playing the 3rd tall/Gunston role. Kicks it 60m with ease.

The list is now in a great spot to cover injuries during a long season and allows flexibility on game day depending on the opposition …… Sam must be licking his lips!

Last edited:
FWIW, this is from the Age today. Can’t wait too see the line up round one, the revelling of Sam’s flag plan.

“Mitchell, Brett Ratten and defensive coach Kade Simpson told Frost in his exit meeting last week that he was still part of their 2025 plans despite Battle and Barrass coming in. Defenders Blake Hardwick and James Sicily can play at both ends of the ground, while rising star Josh Weddle is set to spend more time on a wing.”

As much as this is a welcomed view on frost.. but how in the hell does exit interview info and 2025 game plans get leaked like this..

Hmmmm, with that Frost/Hardwick/Sicily update...

B. Frost Barrass Impey
HB. Scrimshaw Battle Amon
C. Weddle Newcombe D'Ambrosio
HF. Moore Chol Sicily
F. Watson Dear Hardwick

FOLL. Meek Day Worpel
IC. Nash Ginnivan Macdonald Mackenzie Morrison

??

Hoping for a flat 5 on the bench and no sub.

Wonder what’s happening with Seamus ? Was in my B22 at the end of 2023
He's a bit of the forgotten man after a disappointing 2024 season but he definitely has talent as he showed in 2023.

He's on my watch list for this coming pre season, if he has a clear run at it he could be in for a big 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as this is a welcomed view on frost.. but how in the hell does exit interview info and 2025 game plans get leaked like this..
Player managers are free to talk to the media. Player has exit interview, advises management of what is said. Journos try the club and get a straight bat answer. Try the player and get a straight bat answer. Try the manager who will often talk and share what the thinking is with their player.

Wonder what’s happening with Seamus ? Was in my B22 at the end of 2023
You're looking for players to progress in their role, and Seamus didn't do that. He had some good defensive games but ultimately just defending isn't enough. Thankfully he went back to the VFL and really blew it out of the park with some of his offensive efforts so that does his stock some good, whether it will be at the Hawks or somewhere else I have no idea.

Blackhawk42 no room for CJ in your team?

Where does he play? Who comes out of the side? He needs a big injury-free preseason (this is really the key) as his form this year was mostly terrible. We already need to drop two others from the side to make way for Barrass and Battle coming, and better players like Weddle will seemingly be moved up the field into a competing position with CJ.

Edit: Mackenzie should be coming back into the team too, and Day is absolutely coming straight back in. That's three changes, maybe four, before we get to CJ.

Last edited:
Where does he play? Who comes out of the side? He needs a big injury-free preseason as his form this year was mostly terrible. We already need to drop two others from the side to make way for Barrass and Battle coming, and better players like Weddle will seemingly be moved up the field into a competing position with CJ.
I rate injury free and confident CJ so if he does get through pre-season healthy it will be a nice problem to have.

I like the part of the rebuild where we struggle to make our own best 22’s.

He needs a big injury-free preseason as his form this year was mostly terrible. We already need to drop two others from the side to make way for Barrass and Battle coming, and better players like Weddle will seemingly be moved up the field into a competing position with CJ.

If you look at our last team selection Vs Port then that side will have to drop 4.

Barass, Battle, Day and McKenzie come straight back in. Potentially Lewis at some point as well.

It's going to be tough on the guys who played, and played well to hold their spot.

Outside that 22, almost impossible.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back